Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UF professors doing their part to help during pandemic

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gator_n_sc, Mar 26, 2020.

1. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 6
  2. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    I know here in Charleston they have already declared a "stay at home" order for all non essential purposes. Hooray for me, my company is considered a "essential business". Though I'm grateful I still get to work and collect my salary, seeing as how my girl is a bartender and the service industry is getting screwed right now, a part of me thinks that ots just a matter of time before those that have to work bring it home to those that are trapped in the house. The epitome of damned if you do, damned if you dont. Hopefully these precautions, of which once we never even imagined helps curb the rapid acceleration of this virus in our country.

I hope all yall stay safe, healthy and just practice caution with regards to touching things and being around crowds, sanitize and stay safe my friends.

3. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Man, seems even this board has been a bit quarantined. I hope everything returns to some semblance of normalcy in this country/world before too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. atlantagator86

atlantagator86 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Feeling a little lonely there SC?! We're here for you brother. :)

I just bought a house and I'm in the middle of a move. I honestly wasn't sure I'd be able to move or get movers.

5. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    I think it's awesome that Gators are pitching in this way. This could become crucial, especially in NYC where there are so many cases!

• Like Like x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Lmao Thanks bro. Actually that's my expertise. I've been with Uhaul for 17 years. And we dont close for anything. We (Uhaul) are registered in the american red cross first responders program so we are always open, hurricanes, floods, coronavirus. Been busy as hell too. So you definetly are not the only one having to move during this whole mess. Congrats on the house btw.

7. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Thanks for the post and video. Yeah, cool stuff. I just put that same valve on my sprinkler system in my garden. $150 is cheap. What a great idea and after the crisis give them to the third world countries. Very cool...

Go Gators.