Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

UF Coaches.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by cubangator, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. persuader

persuader All American

Feb 2, 2015
    Florida
    Oh, I thought we had? Maybe not enough for some of the fan base. And, hopefully, not as many as we will in years to come. But, the roster indicates Dan Mullen IS certainly winning some battles.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    No sir. Escambia same as Emmit

3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You got the wrong Richardson

4. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018
    THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!! I think he is a damn good position coach.. you have think he was at LSU when Odell and Javis Landry was there, Gonzo coached them.. you talk about how gifted they are but they are technically sound... if Gonzo starts getting that kind if talent OMG... it baffles me about the recruiting regression with him. The last time he was here he was Meyer's recruiting coordinator.. I just knew when we got him we would get super studs at receiver... Greg Knox remains to be seen. I dont know of anything he can hang his hat on to say hes a great coach...IM NOT SAYING HE ISNT A GOOD COACH...I'm just underwhelmed with him ESPECIALLY AT RECRUITNG..

BUT THE BOTTOM LINE TO ALL THIS IS ON DAN MULLEN... for the life of me I dont understand how Dan Mullen's reputation alone doesnt get him top recruits... he shouldn't need position coaches to get them... NO ONE KNOWS THE NAME OF RYAN DAY'S OFFENSIVE COACHES.. PEOPLE HAVE NO CLUE WHO LINCOLN RILEY'S RUNNINGBACK AND RECEIVER COACH IS... kids go those programs for Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley.. This is the reputation Dan should have..there is no way Kirby Smart should out recruit you for quarterbacks, runningbacks, and receivers IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA RIGHT UP THE ROAD FROM YOUR CAMPUS..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Trent Richardson (@Wanne15 was responding to the post by @avgator2000) was from Pensacola.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Jimmy's and Joe's as long as your HC isn't Moe (Curly or Larry for that matter too!)

7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I was real excited to get the WR transfers in 2018 because despite Swain and Hammond being 4* recruits, they had done next to nothing on the field for their first 2 years. They both made BIG jumps in performance in 2018 to the point they were just as valuable as our #1 WR Van Jefferson. I wonder why they suddenly improved so drastically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    You must believe we live in an era of a level playing field and discount the influence of the bag man. The teams that you refer to have used this model unhindered by any enforcement for years.

9. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Hammond was one of the most reliable WR seen here in years. If he was targeted when you needed a first down, he brought the ball in. I liked Swain from the beginning during recruiting. You could tell he wanted the ball and would go up and fight for it, even then. It was great to see him really take off, but, not surprising.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  10. avgator2000

avgator2000 Sophomore

Feb 2, 2019
    Oswego, NY
    I am geographically challenged...lol...it was an alcohol fueled rant....I’ll say this the bagmen have gotten more creative to skirt the rules. You have the famous my uncle bought me this Charger, never mind that he has no credit and makes barely anything. How about supplying hangers on a job, a house, new cars. It is no longer coaches directly giving money, but there is an overall directive of doing what needs to be done. I’m a cynical bastid...always have and when I see Tua thanking “God”, I chuckle. In my head I think he should be thanking the bagmen that got him to leave paradise for um Tuscaloosa. The bagmen must have really made a sweet deal being that the whole family said you know “I’ve always wanted to live in Tuscaloosa, Alabama!”. Stuff like this happens in front of the NCAA and they feel it’s above board somehow. Yet if Dan Mullen gives a kid money to buy a burrito brothers burrito or a player does a bake sale....death penalty cometh. I understand why we may not do it to the extent of other schools, but maybe we ought to start getting a little creative. Losing the elite kids in the state to those schools is not a good look ever. It just annoys me the amount of Florida players Saban has built his little dynasty with. It’s time for Florida to wake up and play by the same rules as everyone else.

11. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    No more Nuss

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    Were you here when we're stuck in last place or second to last?

13. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Ah. Copy.

14. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    @avgator2000 Rant on, but now players can get compensated for their NIL, so there will be more instances of paying players, especially in the open.

15. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    What could it be though? Certainly not prestige, academics, popularity, the State(I see a lot of people from Georgia moving into Tampa - St. Petersburg area), nor the offense that each team runs. It's got to be something. Maybe, money really talks and BS walks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh nonsense. You must believe in ghosts. Over time it’s a poor excuse for misses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Ghosts don't usually drive Ford Raptors and Dodge Challengers, or have their entire families leave paradise and suddenly relocate to the bunghole of Alabama....Tuscaloosa.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    When’s the last time the NCAA did anything? What did they take USC’s titles away after they already won them? Big freaking deal. they do anything about Kim Newton? What did they really do to Ole Miss? It’s rampant now and there is no oversight

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    I bet a lot of it was dan mullens scheme and playcalling vs mcelwain and nuss. A better question is how did they improve? And how is that improvement tangible?

20. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I would hate to be one of the players not being paid, especially if I were better and more productive than the players I knew were being kept.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.