Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UF #10 in updated 2024 ESPN rankings

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Ahab, Jan 30, 2024.

1. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    They have him rated higher than any other service at 94. What was he before? Doesn’t look like it’s changed since he signed with Bammer.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I agree with all. One more OL and WR after spring would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I think I read somewhere that if you only considered average player rating without factoring in the numbers, we would probably be ranked around sixth. Mix in a good portal class, and, this is nowhere near the failure class so many were claiming. Actually, if maybe three particular guys hadn't flipped late, this would have been a truly monster elite class. As it is, it's a very good one. Just hauling in our QB of the future was huge. A couple of more wins last year, and, the narrative would have been that Napier is going to be a force to be reckoned with, instead of being focused on hotseat talk.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    They must have adjusted it a couple times among backlash. The screen shots below show how they lowered his ranking because he had to enter the portal to leave. Crazy why it would change at all just because he participated in a few Bama practices.

IMG_0825.jpeg-1.jpg IMG_9441.jpeg.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, had we kept filsaime, amaris Williams, Mack, Hayes, Johnson and Waller who all dropped in ratings. (Waller dropped way down on one site) what would our rank actually been? I see many saying we would have had a top 5 etc, but I'm pretty sure some of our drop is contributed to the other teams also improving their ranking whether by adding higher talent level or just additional commits. I'm curious how much higher we would have been had we kept those three and didn't add the guys we did to replace them.

Only one that carried a lot of weight with regards to influencing ratings was filsaime and he dropped like 60 spots.

Was their loss portrayed as bad as it has been because of what they were initially ranked?

Slackman is a much higher rated DT than Williams or Johnson. Pup Howard is better than Hayes, Asa Turner has proven his play, and at the highest level(P5) and DJ Douglas pretty good too, those are a fine replacement for Filsaime, not to mention Turner is a 5th year senior and adds much needed experience back there. Grimsley was a fantastic replacement for Mack.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Wasn’t that debunked right when those screenshots were posted? It was showing a composite ranking or whatever on3 calls their composite vs their sites rank? I don’t think they ever lowered it and actually raised it on their last update. The people freaking out about it were looking at two different rankings.

7. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    On that page, which is strictly the transfer portal page, the larger print number is the players portal ranking the smaller printed number is their HS ranking. If it was on the HS recruit page than it would be like you stated (site rank/industry rank) but It was a big discussion about this specifically on TOS, on the message boards with the staff of the recruiting site. They were getting roasted over his rating dropping just because he entered the portal. Looks like they changed it now which it should never have changed just for that.

• Like Like x 1