Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

UCF fan base

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by havengator, Dec 24, 2021.

1. havengator

havengator Premium Member

Sep 19, 2021
    My grandson and I were at the so called game. We were amazed by the loud and proud, rude and vulgar ucf fans. I was embarrassed by the fact that they were twice as loud and vocal as our Gator fans. WTF guys. Our base had about as much spirit as our team, not much. I am also embarrassed by the fact that I spent about six hundred dollars to watch that sh**t show………

2. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Can't speak for the fans at the game. They went there. I didn't care at all about this game.

UCF fans are awful. They won. Great. Cant take that away. But I got 3 different UCF fans blowing up my phone about this game at 11pm. They are making memes in force and spouting off about owning the state and how its criminal they haven't been in the playoffs.

2 of them are FSU fans who also root for ucf. They are insufferable. Wish we'd have played them in any of the past 3 years. I unferstand being happy your team won but acting like this is some program defining win is delusional considering the transition we are in.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. agrigatorspyv

agrigatorspyv Senior

Sep 23, 2018
    Deland, Fl
    Well, they have a coach encpuraging that rhetoric. I got a kick out of Mahlzahns (sp) post game interview on the field. Really pumped it up as a program defining win. Espoused that UCF ia only begining and can win a National Championship. Also said this game is going to allow for "great recruiting". Not sure if he was implying imprpved recruiting for them or if he thinks he is going to out recruit the other teams in Florida?
    I have no doubt that this is our "darkest before the dawn" moment and Billy is going to build something special. The gap between our programs will be infinitely vast in a couple years. As it should be.

• Like Like x 3
  4. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    Completely agree. I was actually at the game and they were a-holes, which got worse later in the game. Throwing shade on us and the SEC in general, to the point of almost being unbearable. They are horrid fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I won’t gripe about Malzahn — he lifted off the throttle there at the end when we could do nothing to stop them. It could easily have been 36-17.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    They were there early. They were in their seats early. They were fired up from 10 minutes before the game until we left.

UF blew this one. Gamble had 3 dropped passes.

Inexplicable throwing to Copeland on 3rd and long near the end zone.

Wells drop? Copeland was wide open for a first down.

UCF talk is EJ goes there

7. TWGator

TWGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Why would any UCF fan want that after what they saw last night??

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. tigator2019

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    I’m just passing along what I heard from fans in our suite

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    EJ couldn't' hit wide open receivers when he had the chance. We could not stop the UCF defensive line. We had so many players opt out on the D line that we had no chance of winning.

10. gatorchamps0607

gatorchamps0607 Always Rasta Premium Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Gallatin, TN
    Give them a break. UCF fans and players are only mad and this loud because they weren't offered to play at Florida or werent accepted.

They recruit 3* players and love it. Napier has already signed more 4-5* than UCF has this year with 2-3 weeks of being on the job.

Don't give them the time of day of honest, thoughtful discourse.

They are just mad that they will always be a directional school where coaches go to get a better job.

I mean, does it get anymore pathetic than fake championships and bragging about a win in a meaningless bowl game with some of our main players missing and without our HC/OC?

• Winner Winner x 6
  11. Scrotis

Scrotis Sophomore

Dec 11, 2010
    He'll fit in there, their QB sucked too, low bar.

Was at the game, most of the fans i talked didn't know dick about their program, were terrible at actual chirping, and couldn't properly handle getting chirped back at. the 2 sitting in front of us left after i casual mentioned that everyone in the stadium was accepted to UCF.

Only bonus was I got to meet Napier at the gator tailgate thing before the game.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    The goal of an uneducated idiot during an argument is to drag you down to his level because he cannot compete on yours.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    EJ is as good or better than what they have is why. They certainly didn't win last night based on their QB play.
    That said, hope EJ goes elsewhere and UCF crashes and burns next year.

14. KronoGator

KronoGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Their fan base is the same as fsu and miami, "We hate Florida", they keep gear from all 3 in the closet, just break out whoever is decent at the time.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Hall of Fame

Jul 11, 2019
    Congrats to UCF. For them, this is a big moment. We could have won 100-0 yesterday and I don’t think many of us would have celebrated. We’d probably have just been relieved that we didn’t lose to UCF. But alas, we lost the game and our self-respect in one fell swoop.

We’ll be back next year. Go Gators!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. 1975Gator

1975Gator GC Legend

Jan 5, 2012
    Who besides Carter opted out? You. Keep harping on it but provide no names.

17. tigator2019

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    1975 Gator is right

ONE.

Name others.

18. Gatorallstar1012

Gatorallstar1012 GC Legend

Oct 31, 2011
    I’ve been to some Ucf games living in Orlando just because and their fans honestly aren’t nice. I know all fan bases can be crappy at times but they are really bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jumbo11

jumbo11 Recruit

Jan 26, 2020
    It’s UCF. They are not a Power 5 school so any win over a Power 5 team is a noteworthy accomplishment. When it is an in state team you consider a rival, it is a monumental win no matter what the circumstances. Being honest, in the first quarter it looked like we were dominating UCF and this was a mismatch. I even even told my Buddy the Gators “outclassed” UCF. Well, for a quarter plus we did but UCF rallied and seems to me they just outplayed us the entire second half.

20. letseat

letseat Recruit

Nov 28, 2016
    Off the top of my head, Newkirk and Valentino also didn’t play. Opt outs or not I do not know.

• Agree Agree x 1