Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

U.S. appeals court affirms hold on Biden COVID-19 vaccine mandate

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Nov 12, 2021.

1. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    That's so 2019.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    So your admitting that all of this Covid panic is a fad. It’s the “in” 2021 thing. Glad one of you had the balls to admit the obvious!

3. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Sorry to be blunt but lawyers have absolutely no standing or credibility to lecture engineers on science.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Well, that was sarcasm but yeah, the media and lefty politicians have done their best to frame anything that deviates from the covidian narrative, like freedom to choose what's best for you and you family, as selfish and anti science. Can't wait for Pfauci and biden's push for the upcoming new 3 shot omicron vaccine, covid crazed libs will be getting a shot a month pretty soon. :emoji_joy:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Not only getting it but demanding that all others do as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yes, what a "fad" it is to be concerned about a pandemic that is coming up on 800,000 American deaths. Thanks for proving my point again. While you're at it, maybe you can throw in some climate change denial.

Sorry to be blunt but you either don't understand the science or lack the moral courage to try and tell people to do the right, scientifically backed thing.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    People have concerns with vaccine side effects. I have one friend dead, two friends on long term disability, and another who has vision issues from a small blood clot in his brain. These were/all very healthy people prior to getting vaccinated.

I’m all for getting vaccinated if that’s what the individual wants. Their body/their choice (I’m sure you know that one). But it is completely immoral and unethical to force people to take an experimental vaccine whose long term impacts are totally unknown.

Personally, I am very leery of MRNA and immunotherapy drugs. This is based on a very personal loss. Probably could hire one of your ilk and get quite a settlement but don’t want to go through that.

So you and our raisin brained president can get your vaccines, and boosters, and do whatever else you want. Just do it and leave everyone else to do the same.

Contrary to what you think; You’re not as smart as think you are, and others aren’t as dumb as you think they are. Carry on.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    So you're alleging that the vaccine killed your friend and disabled the other two?

This isn't an issue of individual choice any more than driving drunk is. But at least you're no longer dancing around where you stand on the vaccines.

Yet again, this isn't an issue where an individual's choice can only harm themselves. I truly wonder if a sizable percentage of Americans were always this selfish and unwilling to make sacrifices for the greater good or if this is a recent phenomenon.

9. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I’m not saying that, their doctors said it.

I’ve never danced around it.

If your afraid of Covid, and it’s 1.6% death rate, then please get the vaccine. Then be comfortable and confident in your decision, own it, and shut up about those that make a different decision.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    If you're afraid of drunk drivers, then please don't drive drunk. Be comfortable and confident in your decision, own it, and shut up about those who make a different decision.

From the mRNA vaccines?

11. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    I never drive drunk. Haven’t for about 30 years now. Drunk driving is an action. Has nothing to do with an infection and vaccination

Yes, from vaccines.

12. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    That's a very unlucky friend group you have, considering the complication rate for the vaccines.

As is refusing to get a vaccine.

13. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I love the drunk driving comparisons. Let's start locking everybody up that coughs, sneezes, or has a fever in public (vaccinated or not, of course).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    A more accurate drunk driving comparison would be mandating a rapid Covid test for anyone with those symptoms. Although not completely analogous it would be kind of like requiring a breathalyzer or field sobriety test for individuals suspected of DUI.

15. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

16. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Getting vaccinated is completely within one's control. The decision to do it or not to do it is intentional, just like the decision to drive drunk.

17. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    And that's the way it should be. ;)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

18. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    And we as a society should not be coddling those who make stupid decisions when it comes to vaccines. It didn't used to be that way. We used to mock the people who refused to get vaccinated. But that was back when it wasn't political.

19. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Compliance numbers for vaccinations are a direct reflection on the trust of the Government to produce useful information. In fairness, there's a lot of uncertainty on the utility of information being provided. It's important to identify all the problems that exist and figure out a way to solve them without mandates. In the mean time, those who want to protect themselves with the vaccine have access to it. It's also potentially useful to have a test base of unvaccinated folks for long-term comparisons. There's no need for anybody to get mad about someone with an opposing view, we just need people to take ownership of their risks.

I do think there's utility in pointing out the hypocrisy of folks being worried about the vaccine while putting various other types of garbage in their body. I also think there's utility in pointing out the hypocrisy of folks pushing the vaccine while putting various other types of garbage in their body. There's a lot of room for growth here all around.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Any lawyer that complains about the 5th Circuit for being partisan actors who reduce public faith in the courts who loves the 9th Circuit should not be taken seriously.

Such lawyers are partisan actors themselves.

I've lost gator_lawyer's respect, now he's placed me on ignore over a crying meme. :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1