Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tyrie Cleveland

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by reaves2alvarez, Dec 4, 2019 at 2:13 PM.

1. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Senior

Nov 29, 2016
    Greenard, Trask and others have really represented our university well. Tyrie, in today’s Sun, is another. He is one of my favorite players this year and I wish he had a few more footballs come his way but that WR group was so deep. What these guys keep saying about how much they love playing at UF gets me choked up. Trask was never leaving, Greenard’s interview after the FSU game and his love for UF and TG...now Cleveland saying he wishes he had more years at UF. What a culture CDM has built in such a short time. Maybe I’m just a sap but these guys, who I think represent the unseen culture in the locker room, just warm my heart and make me so proud to be a Gator.

I hope TC has a long career in the NFL. All Gators of course but today I’m thinking about TC because of that article.

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Like Like x 24
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Tyrie might be one of those guys who is better in the pros than he was in college.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  3. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    Man I did not even think about him being a senior until later in the season, I remember when he committed. He is another one you can chalk up as a muschamp/mac waste of talent. If he was coming to UF next year he would probably end up being an all American. Kid always played hard and never complained about lack of touches.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    The article said something about he should be remembered for more than only 2 plays, which I agree, but what a couple of plays they were

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    He has similar tools to Demarcus Robinson. Though Robinson was the better route runner. Tyrie may be a bit bigger and stronger. Love that he's been all-Gator for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Baller

Baller GC Hall of Fame

Sep 17, 2011
    Lakeland, Florida
    I love Cleveland. I really wanted to see him take it to the house during the FScum game (he was o so close). He will be missed and remembered. The Heave to Cleve will always be with us.

"The Gators have beaten Tennessee AGAIN" - Mick

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 3:58 PM
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    Cleveland really stood out to me on the HBO special. He seems like a super-guy and fantastic teammate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    He is an excellent blocker and special teams gunner, which are skills that will help him get to the next level, one would hope.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Probably one of my favorite guys on this team. Plays his ass off and never pouts.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Most receivers would be lucky to be remembered for two plays like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    He was also our primary kick returner for much of the year, but due to our defense and the rule change, rarely had an opportunity to show that talent.

It wouldn't surprise me if after the combines, he is our highest draft pick among the wide receiver corp.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Ill remember him for his block(ing) against USCe this year

• Like Like x 1
  13. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I think Tyree Cleveland is one of the best ever to wear the gators uniform. Not for his play, stats, or catches, but more for the way he carries himself on or off the field. He's a great ambassador for the football team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Special WR group. Probably the best and smartest Gator WR group in some time

Swain and Hammond, so reliable too

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. UFish

UFish GC Legend

Dec 14, 2010
    I wanted him to score so badly on that kick return. He’s only been in the end zone once this year. Hopefully gets his moment in the bowl game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ArcherGator

ArcherGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He also always hustled on the punt team and was almost always the first one to down a punt or be in the face of the punt returner. Love that guy's motor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I remember several when he had his guy beat and a better throw would’ve been a td but sailed just out of reach

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Junior

Jan 26, 2016
    Was always such a selfless player, even more impressive when you think about how highly rated he was as a recruit.
    Also comes off as a pretty thoughtful guy on interviews/social media.
    I think he also burned David pollack on Twitter this year.
    Awesome gator.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. obgator

obgator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    For those unable to see Nick de la Torre’s tweet, it says:
    #Gators senior Tyrie Cleveland (@Tyrie_1) was named to SEC Football Community Service Team. He’s recognized among 14 players from each team in the conference for their presence in giving back to the community.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. GatorNate96

GatorNate96 Freshman

Mar 8, 2014
    He embraced any role in which he could benefit the team. A true teammate.

Van Jefferson gave an interview after the Miami game, a game in which he was playing Gunner alongside Cleveland, and he badassedly recovered a muffed punt right in front of the returner.

He said, before the game, Cleveland told him to be ready because he had studied this returner. Both Cleveland and Jefferson were in his face and the returner choked.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 10:35 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1