Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter (Updates)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bvgator789, Feb 12, 2019.

1. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami scored an average of 13.6 points in their last three games against Florida International, Duke and Louisiana Tech.

They beat Central Michigan and Pittsburgh by a combined 9 points. They didn't even have to play Clemson.

They finished the year 90th in scoring offense and 98th in total offense.

A reminder that they had two QBs, three WRs, one TE and one RB on the roster who were ranked in the composite top-100 players in recruiting. Not just top-300. Top 100, with an overall average of 50.28.

Manny is not only a worse version of Muschamp, he can't even match Muschamp's poor offensive numbers with better talent and league that plays worse defense.

What exactly is he bragging about on Twitter?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Don't forget to duck, then @diehardgator15 ;)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    That is a bit disconcerting if I’m being honest. Ive often wondered if dans time with urbs ,when there were top shelf 5’s everywhere that I’m sure were pains in the ass to deal with , may have colored the way dan looks at and approaches recruiting the really top end talent. It may very well be incorrect , it’s just always been in the back of my mind. I struggle to come to terms with why we seem to be ok not being a real factor in so many of these recruitments. Or at least we seem to be easily overtaken. One of the main things I learned about owning a business is it’s paramount to hire assets with strengths that supplement my own. I would assume this holds true across all spectrums

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Could be the case, but don't tell me that Del Rio doesn't think that he is the top QB in the country regardless of what the composite ranking gives him. These recruits all have egos, and believe they can beat out anybody. If they didn't, we wouldn't want them. The competition on Meyer's teams was insane, and we need that to be prepared for Georgia, Bama, LSU, aTm, and Auburn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    I think you can spin Leonard's August 6th announcement date either way. However, I think the longer this drags on, the more likely he would select UM. Therefore, I think he selects UF on the 6th.

Some describe UM as a dumpster fire or crappy program but that program is a huge part of the S. Florida community. It has always been tough to pull kids from there - regardless of how we view their program.

The kids that play high school football in S. FL have been playing against one another since they were 5 years old...and UM offers that chance to "join forces" and the community expects it and places an insane amount of pressure for these kids to stay home.

In addition, I expect Diaz to win a lot of games at UM. Va Tech and UNC are consistently the "toughest" teams in that division (that is like us saying our only tough games each year are S. Carolina and Tennessee). If Diaz recruits well and works out the kinks on O, he's got himself an easy 8 win team every year. This is a very tough decision for those S. Florida kids.

Anyway - because of his long standing relationship with David Turner, Taylor selects UF by the narrowest of margins.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. joedirt

joedirt Sophomore

Jun 14, 2007
    Winter Haven
    Last night an insider on TOS who’s been right with his predictions said it’s Miami.

7. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    It's going to be close. I bet he changes his mind several times over the next two weeks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Not sure about del rio. I would assume the head cases that would be the usual suspects are typically skill players and d lineman. Maybe I’m wrong. I’m just thinking back to percy Aaron will hill etc. probably enough to scar anyone. Lol. And I wouldn’t totally blame him for steering clear of a team full of those type of guys but you gotta have some Jimmy’s and joes to win big it’s just the way it is

9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017

10. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Was never going to get him but to not even make the top 5 is ridiculous man

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh well, let him become a tasteful morsel for gators to injest.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020

Coaches get 2 years to build and sell there message. If after this year if Manny fail then recruiting will be an issue for him. Just like Tennessee and recruiting. Mullen with his success afforded himself a longer stay. Are we properly viewing Mullen for what he is or are we over-inflating him to a Tier 1 coach he has yet to prove he is. I Like Mullen and hope he got the Job after Muschamp.

14. thale410

thale410 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    This is something a lot of top recruits have to consider. Graduate early and play or get acquainted with the system if there is no college season as well, and be ready to contribute big in the 2021 season.

16. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019

I never claimed the sky is falling, but I’m also going to be a realist and call things objectively.

Saying the sky isn’t falling after 2 commits and 3 leans (likely) decide on other schools is a weird way of viewing things, its like the sky might not be falling, recruiting is just trending in the wrong direction.

I’m not a fan of blowing sunshine up everyones ass when in fact, that isn’t reality its just not my style.

I’m super ok with how I view things though, I’ve been posting objectively on football forums for over 10 years, plenty of other people can lie to you, but I’ll be here to keep it real. :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  17. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    Meyer was definitely the recruiting king during that time.

Mullen has recruited just one 5-star as head coach, Gervon Dexter.

That being said he has proven over and over he can win without blue chip talent.

What he did with the 2018 Gators was quite amazing.

18. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    This is the corniest top-5 I have seen in a while, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I said the sky isn't falling. You disagreed. Not sure what else to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    2018 really wasnt that amazing if we're being honest. We beat everyone we were suppose to beat, got embarrassed at home twice, and got worn down against UGA. There wasn't a team we beat where we wasnt suppose to beat

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1