Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Twitter (Updates)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bvgator789, Feb 12, 2019.

1. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020
    Soooo Tyreke Sapp dropping a top 5. Did he ever decommitted

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    He never decommited. He is a total stud - we cannot afford to lose him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    NEVER a good thing when a guy who's been committed for as long as he has to drop a "top 5" at this point of the recruiting cycle

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    I guess behind the door leading to Gator recruiting central command, the staff has this recruit and his situation under complete control.........right?

I get the feeling with this developing situation and with Gator Recruiting in general........those of us standing on the outside looking for some indication as to what's going on, shouldn't really be surprised with this......some have stated in the past that this wasn't a commitment that anyone should be taking to the bank. But when a kid's stays on the Gator verbal pledge list for months, and then suddenly drops his top 5.......the natural reaction has to be WTF?

I wanna continue to give the staff the benefit of doubt, because the results on the field have exceeded expectations thus far........but not going to lie to myself about how recruiting.......something about the Gator recruiting process just doesn't feel right, and the results of the last 2 years leaves me feeling like I have to force myself to adopt a glass 1/2 filled mindset......because the the glass 1/2 empty mindset sits out there like the sirens calling to Ulysses......and if not for Ulysses being tied to the mast, that ship would have been sunk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020

Interesting if

Bama, LSU Or Clemson On there he is a goner

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  6. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    I understand and i agree. We always say "wait for...." the new facilities, the results on the field, how many players get drafted, yadda yadda before we see that JUMP in recruiting...but what is the staff going to fall on to lure recruits if we have a 7-5 or 8-4 season this upcoming season? Would you trust this staff to get us a top 10 class if THAT happened???

7. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020
    Bases on the overall average rankings Florida not a top 10 class

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    He is one that some people months ago were questioning whether he was going to be committed the full process, and he has stayed committed for a long time despite interest from the rest of the country. We are in strange times when recruits can't go on visits and camps, and the things that trigger kids to commit or decommit are not happening but may happen later in the cycle, while they are playing their senior years, or maybe they won't be playing. It creates a lot of uncertainty. It makes us have to think how committed our commits are. Some of these kids may never get the chance to visit and get a better idea of whether they feel comfortable committing or remaining committed. Also, some of those things that get them noticed and featured in articles are not happening, so it is no surprise to see them try to generate buzz using their social media. Will we see a flood of decommits around the country once the recruits can travel and meet coaches? I have no idea how this is going to play out. It is a strange new world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    I don't even take the composite seriously any more after how they rate some of our players, especially when you see a guy like Del Rio showing off at Elite 11, and 247 analysts sound lukewarm in changing his rankings while Rivals sounds like he will get a huge jump. If you look at Rivals we are 9th in average, which isn't great but not terrible, and we do have some real room in significantly upgrading our ranking with additions to close out our class.

• Like Like x 1
  10. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    If you expect UF to be top 5 in recruiting well you just aren't paying attention. I do think with this current recruitment landscape if UF is top 10 the staff is doing well

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020

Pitt commit
    OLB from VA

does that mean something regarding our LB recruits.

Change the mood a little

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    paying attention to the staff, or paying attention that it is not possible to be an elite recruiting program at the University of Florida? I believe the former, not the latter.

13. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yeah, because those top 10 classes are such a drag. Geez what a drama queen...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    As a fan the recruiting feels like a letdown a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. swamp_made

swamp_made Junior

Apr 17, 2020

• Like Like x 7
  16. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    Looking at the composite score, it feels like UF is still a bit behind, but lets not kid ourselves. UF has a a 63% blue chip ratio now which is like top 5 or 7 in the country.

Which is great.

But admittedly, they have not been able to land a lot of the really big fish that seem to flock to Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State right now.

And I doubt they break into the playoff picture on a regular basis until that happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cubangator

cubangator GC Legend

Jul 8, 2017
    There is talk that the Virginia LB Dumas-Johnson committed to Georgia today, has anyone heard about it.

18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Indeed he did

19. kryptonite

Dec 12, 2008
    Supposedly fake news including some of his other offers, so likely has nothing to do with our LB situation.

20. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017