Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tulsi Gabbard Says Biden Admin ‘Promoting Child Abuse’ by Pushing ‘Gender-Affirming Care’

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Aug 3, 2022.

1. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Tulsi Gabbard Says Biden Admin ‘Promoting Child Abuse’ by Pushing ‘Gender-Affirming Care’ (theepochtimes.com)

In a video posted on social media, Gabbard said despite the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) warning that gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists—also referred to by many as puberty blockers—can cause serious health risks for children, the Biden/Harris administration continues the advocacy of what it describes as “gender-affirming health care,” which gives children easy access to sex change treatments.

“The FDA made a disturbing, but not at all surprising announcement just a few days ago about children’s health,” Gabbard declared. “Now, if you haven’t heard about it, or if you’ve missed it, it is because the mainstream media and the Biden/Harris administration have been completely silent on it.”

Gabbard further explained that the FDA’s warning announced that the blockers potentially cause a series of symptoms in children—which include headaches, pressure buildup around the brain, and vision loss.

“Unfortunately, at almost the exact same time the FDA issued this warning, Biden/Harris administration officials were making public statements actively promoting the use of puberty blockers and irreversible surgeries for kids,” Gabbard said.

Thank goodness there's someone on the left with some common sense

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    --
    So that makes 1? I knew they were out there somewhere. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I don’t get it. This affects a small portion of people? It’s not even on my top 1000 issues. Gender dysphoria and puberty blockers have been shown to reduce suicides. A study that it causes headaches is more abusive than death??

Why can’t private matters be left out of state control? Why the big state government imposing on freedom? This is a private matter for the children and parents to address. The state shouldn’t have a say in that decision.

I have no idea what Tulsi identifies as today. Apparently it is a Democrat. Maybe she can identify as a small government person in the future.

• Like Like x 7
  4. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Hard to imagine that the "Epoch" would completely slant the WH stance, as the media fact checker states they constantly do. But for the saner folk here's the release: FACT SHEET: President Biden to Sign Historic Executive Order Advancing LGBTQI+ Equality During Pride Month | The White House Please note that it absolutley does NOT "advocate “gender-affirming health care,” which gives children easy access to sex change treatments." but recognizes the existence of need. Be better,

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Quoting the newspaper that gets mailed to people without subscribing to it (aka junk mail)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    That was my question: has the Biden administration really come out in favor of puberty blocking drugs for children?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Don’t know the science. But I have concerns about decisions being made for children or teenagers who are still maturing and developing intellectually, psychologically and physically. It is one topic that is very low on my list.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    that's untrue. they pay for it. $180 a year. so, not junk mail.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Yes, it costs money to mail things. By that measure, there is no junk mail at all.

11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Tulsi is a bigoted idiot, so I'm not surprised. She is a member of an anti-LGBTQ cult, after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Was just thinking, in the spirit of a message board, that the poster would come back and highlight in the original document ( linked in post #4) exactly where he sees " the Biden/Harris administration continues the advocacy of what it describes as “gender-affirming health care,” which gives children easy access to sex change treatments." Probably too much to ask? Sigh, be better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That, of course, is at best misleading. But I'm not surprised, considering the source.

14. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    This is why the GOP is a joke. They offer no solutions to any major issue. No healthcare plan when they had a majority. No spending cuts. No nothing. It's all culture war shit. Stuff like this that doesn't move the needle for me either way you cut it. Go solve some real problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Like any of sources don't slant left

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  16. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Do you think you’ve got any responsibility to show that Biden really advocated puberty blocking meds for kids, as your post claims?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    No, I have no reason to doubt Gabbard

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    She's a Russian propagandist. Of course you'd have no reason to doubt her

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    People subscribe (the pay $180/yr) to the paper and they can purchase digitally as well. Junk mail is something that shows up in your mail unsolicited. Junk mail should be banned. Waste of resources and not good for the planet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Typical on here to dismiss any non hard left publication.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1