Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tulsi Gabbard Doubles Down: Donald Trump Is Not U.S. Military’s Pimp

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by studegator, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    That’s not enough of a connection for an ex presidential candidate to come out with conspiracy theory clanging.

3. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Well go on with your bad self Tulsi!! I think I'm in love. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    She should be Biden's VP

5. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Correlation does not equal causation.

Gabbard’s FP positions are likely why Russia likes her. It would give them a larger hand on the world stage. That doesn’t mean she is a Russian asset. It means she understands that once a country rolls the dice and crosses the LOD, there is no certainty the situation is going to improve and it could get worse. I might not agree with that but it is a rational FP position to take. And for Hillary Clinton to call a serving reserve military officer a Russian asset is contemptible.

Republicans like her because she wants limits on abortions. Libertarians like her for her FP position.

And I think some people like her because she is easy on the eyes. You might not like being told you’re wrong but it is easier to take coming from Tulsi than Hillary. I realize that is sexist but countless studies show better looking people have a huge advantage over average looking folks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hillary would have done well to shut the
    Hillary Clinton should have kept her mouth shut. Inappropriate and comes across as sour grapes, substituting Gabbard in 2020 for Stein in 2016. That being said if Tulsi Gabbard's comments, although good faith expressions of her opinion regarding US military intervention, could be used by the Russians she would still be a Russian propaganda asset albeit not necessarily a willing one. Personally, I cannot see her running as a third party candidate because such a decision would completely kill her viability as Democratic candidate in the future, but if she did elect to mount a third-party campaign next year she could draw enough votes to flip the election to Putin's boy.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. fredsanford

fredsanford GC Hall of Fame

Dec 1, 2008
    Tulsi had a scalded dog reaction.

Hillary gave up her game plan before she was ready to reveal it.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I guess. I'm still not sure why people like Yang, so this whole cycle is confusing.

9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    literally laughed out loud at this. A+

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    One other thing that might attract Russian bots to Gabbard, the way she gutting Harris like a fish during the second debate. That performance may have been the end of Harris’s campaign. Tulsi may be seen as a candidate that isn’t going to win but can take out other top tier candidates if given the chance. The bots might be trying to ensure she has the poll numbers to get on the debate stage.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    Excuse me, but a whole lot of other politicians voted to go to war in Iraq too, based on faulty, if not dishonest, information given to them by a Republican administration. Our allies - Saudi Arabia - yes, they'll be our allies if we fight their battles for them, but if we don't they might just align with whoever helps them the most and that includes Russia and China. Just about the last thing the US military needs right now is to be in Saudi Arabia to help their corrupt leaders wage war. I want the USA out of Iraq and Afghanistan but if we leave anytime soon there will be civil war and/or the repression of large amounts of those countries citizens, like what happened in Vietnam. We need to stop invading countries and propping up corrupt ones. Remember this, the last two wars the USA has gotten into we were an invading force, not a military that was invited into those countries by their govts. Now we are stuck in those countries until only God knows when, unless we decide to leave and let massive bloodshed occur.

12. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    If we "lob Tomahawks" into Iran that will probably star a war throughout the Middle East. Do you think Iran would back down? I doubt that would happen. Iran might bring more troops through Iraq and would almost certainly assist any of their allies even more than they are now. Just about the last thing the USA would want to do is help the Saudis or any other country in the Middle East start a war with Iran. Doing that might very well make our military commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan look small by comparison.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007

14. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    Yup, go into Yemen and use Sudanese mercenaries to fight their battle for them.

15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Strange that the Russians have common cause with the Republicans again. Interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. fredsanford

Dec 1, 2008
    Unbearably naive

17. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    All points are valid and here we are weeks later and we did nothing as I said it was just rhetoric from Trump

• Like Like x 1
  18. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Van Jones provides some interesting context to this spat, which I had forgotten. Gabbard was picked to be part of the DNC and Jones says while there, she saw DWS and other Clinton allies doing things they should not have in the primaries, and then quit and endorsed Sanders. So this is likely pay back from Clinton for that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. fredsanford

Dec 1, 2008
    Her motivations are up for debate. What she said was correct.

• Like Like x 1
  20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    So you think Gabbard is actively working with the Russian right now?