Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Tulsa vs Miss State MASSIVE Brawl Breaks Out

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    You'll never see this type of unacceptable behaviour from our team! :D

A massive brawl breaks out after the game between the Mississippi State Bulldogs and Tulsa Golden Hurricane in the 2020 Armed Forces Bowl. This might have been one of the most insane, brutal, and disgusting brawls in college football history as it appears at least one player was seriously injured. Multiple suspensions are expected to result from this.

2. ElimiGator

ElimiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Jax
    The sad part is the fight was better than the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    That is one boring brawl

4. I am surprised nobody has asked if any shoes were thrown.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. ApexNC

ApexNC GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    NC
    As @ElimiGator said, the game was worse...and to hear Miss St wins their bowl game to elevate their record to 4-7 was just weird

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    All over a “legalish” hit on the onside kick at the end of the game. Tulsa attempted an onside kick to win the game, and #40 from MS leveled #5 from Tulsa. The ball had gone past the 50, and the Tulsa player was hit at the 48. Hit him from the front in the waist/stomach area, and folded him over and then stood over him. They almost had a fight start after that play.

Announcers didn’t like it and I guess the Tulsa players didn’t either. But a legal hit, as I understand the rules, as once the ball goes 10 yards, the receiving team can light up the kicking team, even if they haven’t gone 10 yards up the field. The interesting thing is if that hit hadn’t been made, then Tulsa may have recovered the ball, as a MS player bobbled it, and the Tulsa player who got leveled would have been in a position to recover it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    Did you miss the kick and run to the head?

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    A
    Am used to hockey brawls, with chiclets hitting the ice.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I find that very funny. HA!

Go Gators.:D

10. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    My key takeaway was that Mississippi State cared enough to practice, show up, and play like the game mattered enough to win. Hats off to their coaching staff and team leadership for making that happen.

• Like Like x 2
  11. gatordee

gatordee GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2007
    orlando
    Yes! Dude is a coward for such a cheap shot

12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Seriously. I think charges are in order for the MSU guys that piled on top of the one Tulsa kid. It was like ants on a drop of honey.

13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    To be honest, I'm surprised brawls don't happen more often in football. It's a violent, barbaric sport played by overgrown brutes who have a couple of screws loose. Am I supposed to be dismayed at the fact that those same characters engage in violent behavior immediately after the game is over?

14. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Sad

15. jrcg8tor

jrcg8tor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2007
    Waiting for the national media and the media of the Gator rivals to blame this all on Dan Mullen.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If you had to go back to live in Starkville after the game, you would find a way to delay that inevitability too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. RipCurl

RipCurl Junior

Apr 7, 2010
    The player who kicked a Tulsa player in the head and then ran away like a coward is bragging about it all over his social media accounts. Great discipline and standards you got over there at MSU, Mike Leach.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    Wish I could hit the funny button on this one. But alas GC is still in post-embarrassing-loss timeout.

19. bionicgator

bionicgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Lynn Haven, FL
    The only other large scale brawl I can remember was when Clemson and South Carolina went at it either near the end or the end of one of their rivalry games. It might have been early to mid 00's. I'm telling you, USCe represented the SEC well. Due to the embarrassment, I think the schools mutually decided to decline bowl invites.

20. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Something tells me that individual was undisciplined long before Mike Leach started coaching him. Just a hunch.