Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tucker Gleason, QB, Tampa Plant

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by StrangeGator, Mar 7, 2019.

1. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    I can see what you are saying. I do however agree that this will probably be Franks' last year one way or the other. I think this will be the year he gets as much as he can out of Mullen's coaching. I'm hoping things slow down a good bit for him and he really gets it.

2. DomiGator

DomiGator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    The truth is, we probably have 2 QBs for 2020, and potentially only one, if somehow Jalen beats everyone out.

The most likely scenario is we have the 2 Jones for 2020 and one of them gone after the season. That's why we have to have 1 QB in this year's class.

3. Not all of those "logs" will be SEC-caliber QBs either.

I don't see a jones (either one) win over uga, gump or l$u in our future. Someone will save this post thinking it will be a joke someday, but I will stand by it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I don't know. Neither were elite HS QBs. Mullen doesn't seem to pursue the same kind of QBs Clemson, UGA and USC go after or the same level of talent the Gators look for at DE, CB and WR.

5. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    I agree. I think Franks has a better season with some wow moments and goes pro after the season. He's a mobile 6'6" with a huge arm. NFL loves that and draft guys who will have accomplished much less than Franks will have accomplished very high. Coming back for his senior season season if he is starting to plateau would just give scouts more to poke at in his game. You want to leave as you are ascendant and the NFL guys think they can add the final touches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014

Agreed but probably gonna upset Matherly. We’ve offered plenty of guys from there

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Who?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I'm still here. You're alright Legit. But I'm not sure about Shane. LOL