Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tucker Gleason, QB, Tampa Plant

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by StrangeGator, Mar 7, 2019.

1. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    I know he was discussed some months ago but could somebody please explain to me why he's not being talked about and has no UF offer and we're 0 for 2 with QBs in this class and have room for two? Degenerative brain disease? Hebrew Israelite? Communist? Serial rapist? Maybe I just have no clue about judging HS QB talent.

Tucker Gleason on Hudl

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I didn't think it was legal for a high prospect at Tampa Plant to play for the Gators let alone show interest.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    And here come the conspiracy theorists. I'm betting that if we offered, he would commit, even though he is currently committed to Georgia Tech. The kid would be a perfect fit for Mullen's offense. It doesn't hurt that his back up QB last year (Jude May) will be a preferred walk on at UF this Fall.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    There hasn't been a player we wanted from Plant since 2008. At least not that I am aware of. Can you name any recently?

5. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    Ugh, seeing all these new potential qbs feels like going back out on the dating market after getting unexpectedly dumped.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. scooterp

scooterp GC Legend

Feb 15, 2012
    My guess is if Mullen and staff liked him then he would have an offer.

Could be a Plan B guy

• Like Like x 1
  7. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Weird that Plant FB players don't come to UF. I had more friends at UF from Plant than any other high school in the state. Many of them moved back to the hood and sent their kids there.

8. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Even if I look up some quality names, how will you know if we truly wanted them or not? They have had plenty of prospects that have gone onto D1 schools but never showed much interest.

9. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    You could simply go back through this website and see how much interest we thought the coaching staff at the time had in the prospect. I have some personal knowledge of a few. For instance, SwampDonkey pulled Rex Culpepper's offer when he came on board. Judge Culpepper simply wasn't very good at tight end although he was highly rated for some reason. Last year's biggest name, Will Putnam, got very little attention from Mullen's staff, and he had a poor visit.

My point is, people continue to espouse the claim that Coach Wiener steers kids away from the program but have zero evidence to back that up. I happen to know that the myth is just that, a myth.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Honestly, there are only a few that are good enough to play for the Gators. It is normally not a team stacked with star players. The few that come through are normally transfers (except for some of the QB's) so their parents aren't from South Tampa. Many of the better players are now ending up at Indiana with Tom Allen who coached for Plant a few years.

11. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    All cats are gray in the dark.

12. elijah_blue7

elijah_blue7 Junior

Aug 20, 2018
    Hebrew Israelite? Lmao

13. tigator2019

tigator2019 Junior

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    I have a question. I wanted to post it as a thread but am testing it out here - more a set of facts with a question:

Felipe is a redshirt junior in 2019 and barring some miracle he plays 2020 as well.

Emory Jones is a redshirt freshman. If he supplants FF then he is redshirt so in 2020, junior in 2021, and senior in 2022

Jalon Jones who I have heard on the radio is to me a real possibility in the Dak mode. He redshirts almost 100% right? So he is a redshirt fresh in 2020, 2021 he is a sophomore. He is a junior in 2022 and a senior in 2023.

We have 3 for 2020 at the very least. 4 deep if Trask stays. How long has it been since we have had that kind of depth?

And do you count out Trask for 2 years.

My question: Why commit in 2019 when you maybe see the field in ----2021?

Seems like the big year to get a QB is the year after

What am I missing?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I’d say it’s very likely that either EJ or JJ transfer out by next Spring. It’s also possible that Trask could transfer, if he doesn’t beat out Franks.

You almost have to take a quarterback every cycle, particularly with so many kids being able to transfer and see the field immediately. Most of these kids don’t sign to sit on the bench for more than a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. ncg8or

ncg8or All American

May 28, 2007
    Nothing, something has to give or we have the same 4 QBs in 2020 we have this year. Seems QB should be a low priority this year, but they leave/transfer so often now that you want to sign one each year.

16. goneagaingator

goneagaingator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I’d also add that Franks is the clear favorite to start this Fall. I personally don’t feel that he’s a legitimate pro prospect, so you’re likely looking at two more years of him being on the scene.

Unless Franks loses his job, kids aren’t going to wait until 2021 to start.

17. G8RLegist

G8RLegist All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Nothing. The guys we are talking about are class of 2020.

18. biggynugs

biggynugs All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    I have been trying to enunciate this and deleted my post like 7 times. This is perfect. Looking at the log jam of for playing time over the next year, it feels like the top flight qb should come next year, and after a redshirt season, get ready to take over. But beck this year, seems like not only would he have people in front him, but also screwed us up for next year

19. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    That was a rumored issue with Charles Moore. So I wouldn't LMAO so fast. You never know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. StrangeGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Gleason is white. I don't think any Hebrew Israelites are white. It was a joke referencing the whole Charles Moore thing.