Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tuberville, race, crime and reparations

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Oct 10, 2022.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    dems are not against police. they are against police misconduct and the militarization of the police with no regards to social services needed to diffuse mentally ill people of all races with something less than lethal force.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Of course not. Nor do I believe Tommy thinks this. I do believe your libbie party has emboldened participation in criminal behavior by “defunding the police.” Libbies are also for releasing criminals, slap on the wrist punishment and the crime is sadly repeated.

3. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013
    When US law enforcement starts training their officers to do everything in their power to refrain from using deadly force; purge the sociopaths and criminals from law enforcemen; I’ll start siding with them more often than criminals. Watching a cop shoot at a kid eating a sandwich and continue shooting as he raced off makes all cops look like the criminals they are after. I’m at a point that that cop would have deserved a bullet in the head.

Most cops are good; but all it takes is 3-5% to be bad and the lot of them look like criminals with a badge. I watched English cops disarm a knife wielding crazy person without guns; as opposed to a naked black man in Boynton waving a knife get shot 8 times. Just shows our cops are very poorly trained; shot first ask questions later. They break our most fundamental civil rights every day.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    nice catch phrase you keep hanging that hat on. turrrribble branding by the dems to allow that phrase to perpetuate when they have never proposed defunding the police but rather a reallocation of resources so not every situation is resolved at the end of a barrel by a thug headed power hungry cop with no training or desire for conflict resolution. Note that does not represent all cops but it represents too many bad apples that have contaminated the whole barrel with little to no accoutnability for their actions. Those cops that allow the thugs on the force to continue to thug are akin to the reasonable pubs who allow MAGA to domiante the current version of the pub party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    That’s a fine stance. But it isn’t currently realistic. I’d like to increase pay and quality for both LE and for teachers. Police are out-manned, out-gunned and now are losing the PR battle because libbies enjoy promulgating the mistakes they make. LEO are being put in increasingly terrible and dangerous situations.

6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Cannot speak for him but I wasn't aware that he voted for the guy who suggested disinfectant and light as potential cures for Covid-19.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    This not just about poorly chosen words. Those words reveal what he really thinks and feels and they were used to inflame a crowd, many of whom now think that If a US senator says things like that, it must be okay. There’s also the spidery of thinking there will be no blowback. He is not fit to hold office.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 3
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    There should be blowback, he even might issue a correction.
    Keep your pants on.

9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    It’s unfortunate as trump followers will embrace him and his hateful and divisive speech.

Other instances (2020 article)

“we should back off” legal immigration as well. “They’re bringing all kinds of diseases with them that we don’t understand,” he said of immigrants from Africa and the Middle East. “They’re not educated.”

While he was head coach at Texas Tech in 2011, Tuberville went on Fox News to parrot conspiracy theoriesabout whether President Obama was born in the U.S.“

“His first head coaching job came at Ole Miss. In 1998, he said that he would die as the school’s head coach, famously declaring on his radio show that “they’ll have to carry me out of here in a pine box.” Two days later, Tuberville left to take the head job at Auburn. A New York Times article from 2000 detailed how he left “without saying goodbye to his football team,”

Even When He Was a Coach, Tommy Tuberville Was the Worst Kind of Politician

Former Auburn players: Tuberville isn't qualified, don't vote for him

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    police will always be outmanned. THe only way that the police work is if the public supports them in their efforts and the concept of snitches get stitches is wiped from our society. The worse the us vs them mentality of the police gets, the less public support they will have. Without public support, they have an impossible task, hence the need to hire people trained to interact with the public mroe and on a more equitable level than I'm the boss and you're not. That fact seems lost on the hire more, give em bigger guns group

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Libbies? what the hell are you? You insta jumped on the side of gov.

12. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    A 3-5% sample of “bad” is very close to normal in any distribution. The difference is that in most distributions the “bad” don’t have a union that will raise heaven and earth to protect them.

13. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

14. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

16. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Bullshit. Pubs have always supported LIBBIE econ agendas. scared & angry (& screaming for more & more gov to create your endless safe spaces) does not make a you a con. Go look at the GOP's Commitment to America, comrade. When it counts you/they are a straight up libbie!

17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Hold a sec. You telling me I’m a libbie?!

18. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

20. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Reagan econ agenda, libbie yes (), no ()
    Trump econ agenda, libbie yes (), no ()
    Econ part of GOP commitment to America, libbie yes (), no ()

if you ans no to any of these questions, you are either a lib or clueless

p.s. gifs won't delib you

• Like Like x 1