Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    No idea. In the DC case, the ACLU has filed a Brief taking the position that Judge Chutkan's Order is unconstitutional. Ultimately, even if that specific Order is stayed pending appeal, I would imagine there are long-standing rules by which he's still bound?

DocumentCloud

ACLU: Trump’s gag order in federal case is unconstitutional

2. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    He’s an unnatural hue of orange? Not many like it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    A lot of anger at Ellis for ... raising money for her defense that she may not have actually spent on her defense. These are Trump supporters upset at being grifted?

https://www.mediamatters.org/2020-e...r-former-trump-lawyer-jenna-ellis-guilty-plea

• Funny Funny x 8
  4. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I have to say this one is pretty insightful.

Former co-host of Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast Raheem Kassam: “Crying Jenna Ellis took $216,000 from the public, claiming she was going to ‘fight’ against the court case. Instead, she copped a plea deal today.” Kassam also wrote on X (formerly Twitter), “Imagine being a lawyer and crying in a courtroom that you didn’t actually look into the case you took, then blaming others. Pathetic.” [Twitter/X, 10/24/23, 10/24/23]

Her defense is she didn’t know that facts of the case.

6. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I always assume these pro-Trump people and crazed Kraken lawyer types are in it for the grift. No way they buy their own horsecrap.

$216k hardly seems worth it though, especially with it probably ruining/ending her “legal career”. Lightweight grifting and/or short sighted.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JG8tor

JG8tor Senior

Apr 9, 2007
    Former co-host of Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast Raheem Kassam: “Crying Jenna Ellis took $216,000 from the public, claiming she was going to ‘fight’ against the court case. Instead, she copped a plea deal today.” Kassam also wrote on X (formerly Twitter), “Imagine being a lawyer and crying in a courtroom that you didn’t actually look into the case you took, then blaming others. Pathetic.” [Twitter/X, 10/24/23, 10/24/23]

Imagine being an associate of Steve 'We Build the Wall' Bannon and complaining about others defrauding the public. Pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    ACLU backs Trump in fight against DC judge's gag order

9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    still astounds me to read it when it is written down and realize that it is happening. Can you imagine if a gang leader was threatening witnesses and insulting judges and da's like djt continues to do.

the man said it would be a bad thing with all the violence if he was sent to prison. hopefully the trumpettes learned their lesson when they trusted him to be truthful the first time.

'That means jail pending trial': Legal expert explains Jack Smith's warning to Trump (msn.com)

"If I could read just one sentence, Nicolle, on page 11, where Jack Smith really pulls it all together and highlights why Donald Trump is different than literally every other defendant," Kirschner continued. "The special counsel's team writes: 'There has never been a criminal case in which a court has granted a defendant an unfettered right to try his case in the media, malign the judge as a fraud and hack, attack the prosecutor as a deranged thug, and promising if you go after me, I'm coming after you, target specific witnesses with attacks on their character and credibility even suggesting one witness's actions warrant the punishment of death.'"

"You know, that is powerful," added Kirschner. "It's accurate. I think it sings, as far as legal pleadings go. And this, I think, demonstrates why Donald Trump is such a danger and not only needs to be gagged, but when you plow through 30 pages of this pleading on page 31, you finally see the mention of the potential of revocation of release and pretrial detention. So, you know, Jack Smith is not pulling any punches ... that means jail pending trial."

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think we all know the answer to that.

11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Said it several times before, if Donald Trump was any other defendant awaiting trial who has violated multiple gag orders multiple times he would have been behind bars a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    MSN

Gag order reinstated in the federal trial.

Pence no longer running almost guarantees him testifying against DT.

Ivanka being required to testify in NY.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Hedge fund billionaire Leon Cooperman, in rare public rebuke of a Republican candidate, says Trump ‘belongs in jail’ | CNN Business

Leon Cooperman, the hedge fund billionaire who has famously clashed with Sen. Elizabeth Warren over her proposed wealth tax, is cautioning voters against returning Donald Trump to the White House.
    “It would be terrible for the country if Donald Trump were reelected,” Cooperman told CNN in a phone interview late last week. “He’s a divisive human being who belongs in jail.”
    It’s rare for a Wall Street figure to make such critical comments about Trump, at least publicly.
    Cooperman, in the past, has donated to mostly Republicans and forcefully battled with Warren over her proposed Ultra-Millionaire Tax.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Judge unseals case dockets for Powell, Cheseboro, Ellis, and Hall. Good for him. Determined that the public interest to know the facts overrides both the defendant and the prosecutor who had both requested the dockets be sealed.

Will this give others insight into the information provided? Will it convince anyone that Trump didn't really win?

Georgia RICO judge reverses himself, rules Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis' first-time offender status and 'privacy' concerns aren't enough to seal criminal dockets (msn.com)

The Georgia judge presiding over the 2020 election RICO case against former President Donald Trump and co-defendants who have yet to plead guilty has reversed himself on the issue of sealing the criminal case dockets of attorneys Sidney Powell, Ken Chesebro, and Jenna Ellis, and bail bondsman Scott Hall.

Judge McAfee said that although prosecutors with the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office “did not oppose the requests” to seal, and although the judge orally granted the requests at the change of plea hearings, the sealing statute demanded more analysis from the jurist on the balance between “public’s interest” in accessing the records and the defendants’ “privacy” concerns.

“The Court did not, until now, issue any written findings of fact, nor specifically address the public interest,” McAfee said. “While all parties have maintained their position that the records be sealed, none have particularized how sealing would satisfy this balancing requirement.”

The judge noted that the “exact conditions and circumstances of each plea have been widely covered by the media” and that the coverage is likely to exist online “in perpetuity.” “On the other hand,” McAfee continued, “it is hard to conceive of a subject matter more pertinent to the public interest than a criminal case addressing the circumstances of a presidential election.”

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Eric and Don, Jr.'s horrific testimony today all but buried the Trump Org in NY.

Among their beauts today, they contradicted their own depositions on the stand and said that they just went with whatever the accountants said and signed financial disclosures swearing accuracy with no idea whether they were or not.

Their testimony alone provides the standard necessary to dissolve Trump's fraudulent companies.

• Like Like x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Her defense was also that she was inexperienced and relied on more experienced attorneys like Sidney Powell the Kraken lady and Rudy "Four Seasons Total Landscaping" Giuliani .

17. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    When caught cheating, always blame the finance guys.:rolleyes: That's classic stuff.

I am surprised that all the Trumps didnt just take the 5th rather than incriminating themselves. I guess that they figured they could outsmart the other attorneys.

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Judge can legally infer the worst in civil case when the fifth is invoked

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
  20. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I wonder if the prosecutor might have some of the accountants (other than Whistledick that, for the price of immunity) might contradict Eric and Jr’s testimony about who was in charge of the fraud.

I haven’t followed the case closely so maybe they have already appeared.