Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I agree. I find it encouraging they don’t do his bidding.

2. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    So what G8tr - ??
    He will suffer no consequences, Democrats are far too weak to put him in Leavenworth.

He started stealing the first day in office by appropriating money that was not his on a inaguration day. The graft and corruption has gone unabated until this very day, just look what he does with his bases political contributions.

I used to think Republicans had intelligence, you've got people with wealth dying of Covid because their ideology trump's (pun intended) common sense.

It is reprehensible that any fool gets taken in by that madman.

3. AlfaGator

AlfaGator VIP Member

Aug 31, 2007
    ‘Sound and fury, signifying nothing’ is a quotation from Shakespeare’s play Macbeth.

4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I don’t want to depend on a political party for justice. That rarely ends well. I am hoping the criminal justice system does it's job and prosecutes the financial crimes, the civil court sytem holds him liable for the insurrection, and the financial system crushes him by calling his loans due.

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Well I agree of course, the justice system is the appropriate mechanism
    however I see no hope whatsoever of
    Trump facing any consequences because politics are far too intertwined in the Justice system.

Justice, law, rules, the constitution, the bill of rights, don't apply to Trump or for that matter powerful or rich politicians of either party it seems to me.

It seems Trumps transgressions are endless but when you have a voting block and major media outlets making bank on their "pet" justice does not seem to apply.

Hey the guy was stealing Whitehouse records, fostered a violent revolution, does not pay taxes, commits acts of treason (Ukraine / Biden, not to mention stealing inaguration money, creating fraudulent Real Estate schools, sexually assaults - what? Up to 20 women have accused him, now? was banging adolescents (with Bill Clinton) with his bud Jeffery in the plane,
    Doesn't pay his vendors, is probably in cahoots with Putin over Ukraine right now (see link in another post of Trump congratulating Putin's moves), lies on every financial statement and of course
    Used his position to charge the Secret Service $1,000 a night to stay in his dumps.

And that just scratches the surface

I think you are a lawyer - equal justice?
    In this country?? Hey, I got a great deal for you on the Brooklyn Bridge.

6. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    no, im an engineer. so many things he should answer for. Think Capone, brought down by tax evasion

• Like Like x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Bad week in the courts.

Damning testimony in Trump Org lawsuit.

Had to settle with protestors attacked by his guards at Trump Tower.

Lost cases compelling both Meadows and Graham to testify.

PAC fundraising has tanked.

And now his best buddy Kash is discussing a immunity plea on the top secret documents. You think that maybe his prints were on things he wasn't allowed to see?

• Like Like x 1
  8. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Trump internal review noted the practices as illegal but they kept doing it anyway.

What is max penalty here?

Trump's company conducted internal tax review after he became president, executive says

McConney said Tuesday that Dillon — a tax attorney at the law firm Morgan Lewis who worked for more than a decade on matters related to the Trump Organization — was brought in after Trump left the company in 2017 to assume the presidency.
    A prosecutor asked if Dillon "basically directed you to clean things up at the Trump Organization?" "She did," McConney replied.
    He said the investigation resulted in a memo, completed in either late 2017 or early 2018.

I was instructed as her boss to do things differently," McConney said. Later, the prosecutor, Joshua Steinglass, asked, "and after Ms. Dillon conducted such an investigation, did there come a time when the Trump Organization and the Trump Corporation stopped engaging in some of the practices that led to these charges?"

McConney replied, "Yes, sir

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    They didn't want to risk a Bronx jury...wonder what the payout was..

Trump Tower protest lawsuit settled just before trial set to begin

The activists who alleged that Donald Trump’s security guards roughed them up outside during a September 2015 protest outside his eponymous Manhattan skyscraper settled their lawsuit just before a trial for this case was to begin in earnest.
    Efrain Galicia and several other protesters filed a civil suit in the Bronx about seven years ago over the alleged incident. Jury selection started earlier this week, but parties in the case revealed on Wednesday at court that they had settled.

11. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    truth social maybe not a good investment. payout is going to be $10

Trump supporters could lose 'millions' as shell company trying to acquire Truth Social faces liquidation (msn.com)

On Thursday, Matthew Sheffield of The Young Turks reported that supporters of former President Donald Trump are facing the prospect of collectively losing millions of dollars they invested into Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC), the special purpose acquisition company, or "blank check" firm that has sought to purchase the former president's Truth Social platform to take it public, as DWAC faces its liquidation deadline with little progress on completing the deal.

"In a call with investors, Patrick Orlando, the chairman and CEO of the struggling shell company announced that DWAC was going to reconvene on Nov. 22," said the report. "It was an ominous sign that Digital World had failed to receive authorization from 65% of shareholders to continue the company’s existence, despite months of trying. Under the terms of DWAC’s incorporation, the company was supposed to merge with a private firm within one year’s time or dissolve and reimburse its investors at a rate of about $10 per share."

"Liquidation appears more likely to be DWAC’s fate as Trump himself appears increasingly uninterested in the company (or its stockholders) as it has struggled to defend itself from a criminal investigation that executives engaged in prohibited insider trading and a separate inquiry from the Securities and Exchange Commission about allegations of illegal contact between DWAC officers and the leadership of Trump Media and Technology Group (TMTG)," said the report.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    trump insulting the judge who is presiding over his case. I'm thinking most lawyers would recommend against doing this. The squirm is intense.

14. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I had no idea what the peekaboo reference was but some referenced it as a code word for a similar sounding racial slur for blacks. Crikey.

15. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    That IS an odd nickname and one not readily understandable. This guy looked into it and couldn't come up with anything definite. Whatever,- its not likely complimentary.
    Why Trump Nicknamed Letitia James ‘Peekaboo’: 6 Theories

16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump could conceivably be the first "serious" presidential candidate campaigning while under indictment. In fact, there is no Constitutional prohibition against a convicted felon running for the presidency although ironically in most states he would be prohibited from voting for himself.

17. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Judge has decided a watchdog must be put in oversight position to prevent more fraud or transfer of assets

Donald Trump’s Empire in Chokehold in Latest Legal Attack
    As well as installing a watchdog, the injunction also prevents Donald Trump and the Trump Organization from transferring or selling assets without notifying the court and the New York Attorney General's office. The court-appointed monitor must also be given 30 days' notice before any restructuring of the Trump Organization takes place. Judge Engoron said the decision, which puts something of a chokehold on Trump's property empire, was necessary so that "defendants do not dissipate their assets or transfer them out of this jurisdiction".

As well as installing a watchdog, the injunction also prevents Donald Trump and the Trump Organization from transferring or selling assets without notifying the court and the New York Attorney General's office. The court-appointed monitor must also be given 30 days' notice before any restructuring of the Trump Organization takes place. Judge Engoron said the decision, which puts something of a chokehold on Trump's property empire, was necessary so that "defendants do not dissipate their assets or transfer them out of this jurisdiction".

• Like Like x 2
  18. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Interesting.

I wonder if they did this because they observed them shuffling assets/ownerships/officers around as an evasion tactic, or is this pretty standard in complex fraud cases (as a preventative measure)?

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    to prevent moving assets out of NY to avoid any judgement from the state is the likely reason. DT's suit filed in Florida was a gift to NY AG to prove that DT wanted to move assets.