Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Troubles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Feb 13, 2021.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    so once the cases were decided 0 - 66 and all the pub election officials confirmed no fraud, should djt have conceded?

is it okay for potus to call election officials and ask them to "find" enough votes to change the election?

do you have any problem with the djt campaign providing polling data to russian agents so they know where to target theri misinformation?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    why all of the quotes from the former officials in his administration aren't being turned into dem ads is beyond my understanding

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    elect me and Putin will release american hostages...the man has no bounds, I shouldn't be surprised anymore

Donald Trump's Post About Evan Gershkovich Sparks Fury: 'Disgusting' (msn.com)

Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, posted about Gershkovich on his social media platform at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday, writing that he would be released "almost immediately after the Election" if he wins in November.

"Evan Gershkovich, the Reporter from The Wall Street Journal, who is being held by Russia, will be released almost immediately after the Election, but definitely before I assume Office. He will be HOME, SAFE, AND WITH HIS FAMILY. Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, will do that for me, but not for anyone else, and WE WILL BE PAYING NOTHING!" the post reads.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    pass a law to guarantee that I will never be sent to prison...just keeps going..smdh, he does believe he is above the law and we should officially honor that status off..will enough pubs ever say enough is enough

Trump Pressures Republicans to Pass a Law to Keep Him Out of Jail Forever (msn.com)

Donald Trump likes to tell anyone who will listen that he's absolutely convinced he will win his 2024 rematch against President Joe Biden. And, according to people who've spoken to the ex-president about this, Trump also seems convinced that if he wins another four years in the White House, state prosecutors will still be waiting for him on the other side of his term - ready to put him on trial, or even in prison, just as they are now.

To avoid such risks, the former and perhaps future president of the United States wants Congress to create a very specific insurance policy that would help keep him out of prison forever, two sources familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. Trump vaguely alluded to this idea last week outside his New York criminal hush money trial, when he said he has urged Republican lawmakers to pass "laws to stop things like this."

In recent months, the sources say, Trump has spoken to several GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill, attorneys, and other associates about the possibility of Republicans passing legislation in a second Trump term that would shield former presidents (i.e. Trump) from non-federal prosecutions. In recent conversations with closely-aligned lawmakers, Trump has pressured them to do so, describing it as imperative that he signs such a bill into law, if he again ascends to the Oval Office.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    We've all gotta admit - the show is hilarious. Sad, maybe, that the consequences are real and the stakes so high, but....what can one do?

We've all probably read about the fall of Rome. This all seems pretty similar. Also seems somewhat similar to Alcibiades and the history of Athens. At least we get to watch it all happen.

6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    So " the Trump Amendment" to the constitution that effectively puts him above the law. That sounds just lovely.

7. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    Which can be read; "Vlad, definitely don't even think about releasing that guy before the election."

(were that possible, who knows. But that's the message.)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Well he might be on to something with his bud Putin. I seem to recall Iran delaying the release of hostages until after Reagan was elected because they hated Carter lecturing them on human rights so much. I believe we tossed in some money also.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We'd effectively be turning the Presidency into a get out of jail free reality contest. Come one come all with legal troubles - win the election and all your crimes are forgiven...forever. Feel free to keep committing crimes after you leave office as well.

Disgusting

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Special Counsel moves to modify terms of release to bar Trump from lying that Biden sent the FBI to kill Trump. Before Aileen Cannon

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    HaHaHa, at the Libertarian National Convention :

A guy just made a motion at the Libertarian National Convention for “Donald Trump to go f* himself” and the crowd all applauded. Trump is scheduled to speak tomorrow.

Some in the crowd began to chant Screw (diff word) Donald trump. He should have an interesting speech there tomorrow unless his bone spurs prevent his attendance.
    If I link the Ron Filipkowski tweet with the video imma get banned.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Further update: more funny. Laura Loomer may have an aneurism. Kazoos and squeaky rubber chicken Noisemakers provided by RFK supporters.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 4
  13. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Libertarians ain’t buying don’s shtick. Getting boo’d out of the place. I have seldom enjoyed a trump speech as thoroughly as I did this one. Give a promotion to the guy that scheduled this.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This is a trainwreck for Trump.

• Like Like x 7
  15. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    claimed 25k at Bronx rally, less than 4k, likely much less. Permit only allowed for 3500. This with a lot of people from out of state there to try and buttress the crowd size.

Video Showing Donald Trump's Bronx Rally Crowd Size Goes Viral (msn.com)

Although it's unclear the number of people at the rally on Thursday, according to The New York Times, which cited the New York Police Department (NYPD), the rally had a permit for 3,500 people. According to the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, Crotona Park is the largest park in the South Bronx and the sixth largest in the borough.

X account The Shallow State wrote on Thursday that the "size of the crowd was small," adding to the conflicting reports.

In addition, attorney and Trump critic Ron Filipkowski noted a comparison to the overall population of New York City and wrote the "right-wing media can hype this Bronx rally all they want. In a city of over 8 million people Trump drew 4,000 tops. That's with a lot of people from out of state."

16. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    "Team Trump is up to its old tricks again and falsely claiming a lackluster rally in the Bronx on Thursday drew a crowd of 25,000 supporters. This estimate comically contradicts on-the-ground reports, the NYPD, aerial views, and the laws of physics."

"But reality is no match for the notoriously anti-factual Trump and his supporters, who have been obsessed with lying about his crowd size since the 2017 inauguration—and have become the living embodiment of the Nazi-era propaganda tactic of “Repeat a lie often enough, and it becomes the truth.”

MAGA Idiots Fail to Spin Away Embarrassing Fact on Trump Bronx Rally

One thing Trump has been brutally consistent about is out and out lying about the size of things.

Cue Stormy Daniels:

17. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    What a shit show that Libertarian convention speech was for Trump.
    Trump views campaigning like marketing and it’s effective. Doesn’t require accuracy just commitment to the message.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    From another thread:

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Authoritarianism expert explains why libertarian boos mean the end for Trump's campaign. Actually, I think Trump's ego will be fine, as he dismisses and insult the libertarians, but he probably cannot win without their vote, and some of his followers might have second thoughts about Trump's inability to woo one of the smarter parts of the republican party. And he does not know how to win the vote of people through intellectual arguments. So ends the dictatorship dream.

Authoritarianism Expert Explains Why Libertarian Boos Will Be 'Lethal Blow' For Trump

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Trump spent the weekend freaking out on Truth Social about his NY trial. Possibly facing consequences for something is too much for him to bear.

My favorite part was him bitching about the prosecution getting the final word during closing statements. Like he's ever cared before about the deck being stacked against criminal defendants.

• Like Like x 1