Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's Patriotism vs the new anti-Americanism

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8orbill, Jul 6, 2019.

1. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    You know what really sucks? During the government shutdown people that work for the USDA had to go to work without pay to process tariff relief checks for farmers :rolleyes:

2. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Legend

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Stopped reading this thread after you put trump and patriotism together in a sentence.
    Trump loves trump, nothing else.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013

Kind of like that Nazi Patriotism, it’s patriotic as long as it’s my kind of patriotism. I bet half of congress wasn’t real keen on Lincoln’s patriotism. As a reformed racist and better educated southerner, I appreciate Lincoln’s patriotism. I’m not real big on patriotism driven by bigotry and white nationalism, like that coming from our current Whitehouse. So if snubbing white nationalism wrapped in the American flag makes me un-patriotic in the eyes of a bunch of ignorant bigots, I wear my disdain for that America very proudly.

• Agree x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Come On Man x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The Federal government has been providing different types of subsidies to farmers since the '30s. The big difference this time is that the subsidies are intended to mitigate a hardship created by Trump himself, specifically to offset the loss of one of the largest export markets directly attributable to retaliatory tariffs imposed by China in response to Trump's trade war.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1