Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump's damage to personal relationships

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by cocodrilo, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ecogator

ecogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Ocala

To blame Trump, or any individual, for the shallow, immature, inability to accept someone because their beliefs differ from yours is like blaming Joe Biden because his son grew up to be a lying, crack addict, sexual pervert and crook.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Friend is a word I don’t use unless the person is truly a friend. I have lots of acquaintances but only a handful of friends. A friend is someone who will come right away if you call and need help. They will offer their assistance when you need it. They will be there for you no matter the circumstance.

Any person, family or friend that places politics over family or friendship, isn’t a true friend, or a caring family member.

I have one ex-friend that went off the wall and became verbally abusive to anyone who doesn’t think her way politically. She screams at people, and cried a couple times. She calls people @sshole in front of others. She’s lost so many of her so called friends that she’s thinking of moving from our condo. She’s miserable. I feel really bad for her but realize, it’s her problem.

You’re not a “true friend” if you place politics over friendship.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Nope. Its a respect thing, a freedom thing, and a distrust of government thing.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm famous? Hot dog. But look out for rivergator, I think it was, he said he's going to clean up all the insults in this thread.

If you can't see the evil in Trump, I can't help you. Now you can go back where you came from.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Aint' no respect, freedom, it's in your face level disrespect. It's a lie cheat and steal thing. It's a refusal to acknowledge fraud thing. It's an ignorance and/or compliance thing. And it is so FREAKING obvious. One has to go out of their way to support blatant in your face lies. Spend 3 decades in the same industry as him at the same time as him and get back to me. Insane level of denial.

In a related story, I deny that the sun rose in the east this morning because it has an adverse effect on my bottom line. Geebuz!!!! And it is so pot meet kettle level of distrust. How does any human being "trust" a proven career LCT? Nobody is that stupid so it must be hero worship.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    I have friends who vote republican for lower taxes or religious reasons. I generally have no problem with them.

However, I have no use for people that fall into the "I love Trump because racism is awesome!" types.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Just fine. It would seem all the anger and toxic energy is coming from the Left.

My brother can’t go 60 seconds on the other end of the phone without getting riled up and lecturing me. It gets old. I finally told him to stop calling me if he can’t leave politics alone. He just can’t help but let it dominate a conversation.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    This is rich. I have a damaged political tour bus I can sell you that certainly wasn't done out of anger. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    What's rich, is you lecturing a dude about HIS relationship with HIS brother.

Good Lord with the projection....

10. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    So much negative energy at those rallies, right?

Course you haven't been to any, just projecting your own vile vitriol....

The Trump supporters I know--and they number quite a few--would disarm even the ice cold jaded likes of you, with their warmth. They are mostly motivated by a sincere love and concern for our nation.

But do go on spouting about real estate shit that has nothing to do with today's politics...

(If it helps you regulate...).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    I neither lectured anyone or mentioned their brother.

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It's a respect thing? Here's Trump and his respect for a disabled reporter:

[​IMG]

Here's Trump respect for women, "And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

How about Trump's respect for our Doctors claiming they are exaggerating COVID deaths so they and the hospitals can get more money!

Respect for Hispanic immigrants he calls rapists and murders?

I could go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on....But I think I've made my point. When the leader of one side mocks everyone and everything that doesn't grovel at his feet, it permeates all through not only his side, but both sides. We have seen civility die right before our eyes. If a caravan of Al Qaeda trucks, with men armed with semi-automatics, ran off of campaign bus in Iraq, we'd be mortified. But Y'all Qaeda did the same thing in Texas, and what does Trump do? Deride the fear tactics and tell people to stop? No. He tweets out he loves Texas!

Don't talk to anyone about respect until you stop and realize just how disrespectful the President is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    My bad. Totally misread your post. Thought the bus thing was a 'ocean front property in Arizona'/'bridge in brooklyn' reference, calling BS on his post--which was about his brother.

My apologies. I stand corrected.

• Like Like x 2
  14. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    So much ignorance by people who swallow lies like chicken wings because he tells them what they want to hear. Again, have some experience, do some freaking research, and use the brain and it's Just. So. Obvious. Not even close.

ignorance definition - Yahoo Search Results

15. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    No problem. I was referencing the Biden Texas bus incident as an anger example.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I told my sister, a devout Christian, not to talk politics with me after she said, "I love my president." A Christian loves Donald Trump. Sometimes I wonder who's living in an alternate reality and who isn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

What a load of crap. If your relationship with your parent of spouse falls apart it is on you or them....not anyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Bizarre. System won't let me post my reply to this.

19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

I don't care about that though-- I measure their competence against their records, and you get:

47 months > 47 years.

...and that's completely ignoring the plethora of accomplishments that made Trump a household name before he ever descended down the escalator.

(I can't get the first paragraph of my reply here to stick--sorry if it reads a bit disjointed...).

20. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    You mean the ones that are going to send him to jail?