Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Apr 28, 2019.

1. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    As I said another 4 more years the ACA is now working it's way through the courts since the mandate has been repealed. As for Mexico paying for a wall we already established no one believed that to begin with. Have to admit it was certainly a crowd pleaser and fodder for the MSM yet I haven't heard a single supporter of President Trump complaining that Mexico isn't paying for the wall.

2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Well that is certainly not what he was promising.

So he didn't tell it like it is? Interesting.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    We established already no body believed Mexico would pay for our wall. It is interesting though that Mexico is now paying to protect their southern border. My how things change. Conversely what people did believe is a wall will be built and there is no doubt that President Trump will have that wall built.
    This is what people didn't understand as to why President Trump is the man setting in the oval office. Pat Caddell a Democrat no less warned his party adamantly about what would happen in 2016.
    I know it is an hour and 7 minutes out of your time which you cannot afford to lose for whatever reason. But Pat Caddell hits the nail on the head and you would do well to listen his comments about now President Trump.
    The Democratic Party Today

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    How is "nobody believed Mexico would pay for the wall" a defense of somebody lying about something and then claiming that person "tells it like it is?" How could somebody "tell it like it is" while lying, apparently so obviously that "no body" (sic) believed it?

Again, sounds more like "tells you what you would like to here" rather than "like it is."

BTW, Caddell was working for the Mercers in 2016.

5. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    What does it matter where Caddell was working at the time? Obviously you don't have an 1hr 7min to learn something.
    Did I say I was justifying President Trump's words? Not at all I said no one believed Mexico would pay for a wall. Mexico paying is lie and exactly why nobody believed that part of the statement. What people did believe is a wall would be built and it will.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Because he was just echoing their thoughts. Thoughts that aren't terribly unique or insightful.

So then he doesn't "tell it like it is?" Glad we established that.

7. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    So then you agree we will have 4 more years of President Trump as the Democratic Party certainly hasn't grasped the reality.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So, I have to ask, did Pat Cadell's points stop being valid in 2018? Or was it just coming up with a narrative that you prefer to believe, absent any actual empirical evidence to back it, and just declaring it true? Because the empirical evidence has suggested that one of his main points, that it is somehow about a lack of trust in the system/government, was not actually a very good predictor of Trump voting behavior.

9. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    [QUOTE="mdgator05, post: 11252525, member: 17555
    Because the empirical evidence has suggested that one of his main points, that it is somehow about a lack of trust in the system/government, was not actually a very good predictor of Trump voting behavior.[/QUOTE]

So what was a very good predictor for voters who voted for Trump? ‍♀️

10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Racial resentment and anti-immigration sentiment, along with more traditional measures like political partisanship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    So MAGA?o_O

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  12. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    Still haven't watched video? Tell me what did Pt Caddell say about President Trump?

13. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Legend

Aug 16, 2009
    I think this is what you probably meant.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The fact that you want to waste an hour of everybody else's time rather than communicating what you feel is so insightful is largely because there is nothing insightful. It is pretty boiler-plate Mercer stuff about "government classes" and all of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    How about 14 minutes of your time to glean some insight on how Trump gained and has retained his popularity?

• Like Like x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So in the first few minutes, here are the completely ridiculous things:

1. Trump is "refreshing" in how he speaks. Yeah, this week of outright, textbook racism has sure been "refreshing."

2. Trump doesn't care about what the elites think about him. That is so absurd that I literally laughed when I heard that. Trump hates those people specifically because all he wants is for them to tell him how awesome he is. This is the guy that posed as his own publicist to call the New York Times and say what an awesome person he is. How pathetic is that?

3. The other Republican candidates were playing by the Marquess de Queensbury rules. That is just pure resentment over losing races. He only listed the losing candidates, ignoring the winning ones (the Bushes and Reagan). He also left off the pretty direct attacks on Democrats by Republican politicians over the years. I guess his viewpoint, as a scholar, is that they would have been better directly embracing birtherism? Because Romney threw everything other than that at Obama (and even appeared with Trump to kinda backdoor push that as needed as well). And that was after all the "palling around with terrorists" stuff from 2008.

So what was I supposed to learn? That a right-wing radio host could find somebody to make excuses for Trump dressed up as intellectual?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    OK - thanks at least for giving it a listen.

18. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach

19. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It's because he behaves like on overly entitled teenage bully who can't follow the rules.

Trump doesn't debate. He makes shit up and insults people he doesn't agree with or who call him on his made up shit. That approach got him elected President, but it will definitely get you bounced from this forum. Regardless of partisan standing.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Legend

Dec 31, 2016
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1