Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump to take on Vaping?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Sep 11, 2019.

1. gatorpika

gatorpika Premium Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Drugs are banned too. Di you think that's going to stop kids from trying to get high? If something gets banned they move on to the next thing. The problem I have is that they randomly ban stuff because of kids while leaving substitutes available out there that have a strong lobby or whatever. In this case you have a product that's better than the substitute, especially for the intended adult target that wants to stop smoking but cant kick the nicotine. I agree that we should make these products hard for kids to get like smokes and booze, but disagree with banning it altogether just to supposedly make the country more kid friendly.

2. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    Florida has an indoor clean air act that forbids smoking in most public places.

Does anyone know if vaping is prohibited under its guidelines?

Has anyone seen the bumper sticker,,,,,

You smoke, you stink!

I got an lol out of that one the other day.

3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I have seen vapers inside non smoking areas.
    I don’t know if that is legal, but they were doing it

4. mutz87

mutz87 C'est Moi VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I vape in my office despite system-wide ban at universities in my state. Several of my colleagues do too. I also regularly see students vaping out in the open despite the ban.

No one seems to care a wink because vaping doesn't stink up a place like cigarettes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I agree, I do think they need to ban internet sales however. Plenty of local places to buy them for adults. The schools have given up trying to take them from kids, its a nightmare for them.

There are differences with weed or alcohol the smell can't be hidden as easy and you know if someone is drunk so kids are far less likely to do it at school.

6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Don't know what triggered it but the destroy the vaping industry media blitz is in full on overdrive. Crazy chit.

7. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
  8. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Excuse me if already posted but aren't the persons dying from Vaping using some kind of liquid THC or other type of drug in the "Vape-Juice" (Sorry I don't vape have little knowledge) ………… In other words are people "mixing" and then getting ill?

9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If you look at the product as a matter of punching yourself in the face instead of punching yourself in the balls, then it's clearly an improvement for some people.
    If you look at the product as a matter of punching yourself in the face instead of not punching yourself, then it's clearly something that should be avoided.

The product clearly helps some people reduce the amount of damage they do to themselves. But these people represent such a small percentage of the overall users of the product. I think most of the concern is geared towards people who are new to this and have not smoked at all before. Would you want your children or grandchildren to take up vaping? And if it's safe, why not let them start at 13 instead of 18?

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

10. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Hey I hear you but is anything we do in life truly safe? I'm just amazed at the sudden media hit they are taking. If it were up to our local news station here in jax, they would all be strung up by the nads.

11. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    It's not just that it's not safe, it's that people have been pretending that it's not bad for you for sometime now.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

12. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    From what I've read and heard, it is better than smoking for you so that is a win. So if it is used as an alternative to cigarettes or a step to stop smoking, it is beneficial. The issue is that is attracting more kids than cigarettes normally have, so that is the main issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. WESGATORS

Apr 3, 2007
    Wholeheartedly agree. I just believe that this represents an extremely small percentage of the vapers (just my opinion based on observation).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa