Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump threatening civil war again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by staticgator, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM.

1. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    Cause and effect. Let's do this. Human tendency for uninformed irrational behaviour or an erratic tendency to violent actions with the action assisted by a rapidly destructive piece of metal resulting in mass death.

Take away a gun and you still have irrational and erratic behaviour but there is no mass death.

Imagine this:
    If I point my trigger finger at you and simulate pulling a trigger did I shoot you? No.
    Now, if I point my gun at you and pull my trigger finger did my gun shoot you? Yes.
    Same action. Different result. Impact difference maker...a gun.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM
  2. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Jim Jones (918 people)
    Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nicoles (168 people)
    Ted Kacyznski (3 people killed 23 injured)
    Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bohulel (86 people killed 434 injured)

The list goes on.........

Fact is these incidents happen all over the world.

Answer to first question is no.
    Answer to second question is no, The weapon did not discharge of its own accord it needed a person to load the weapon and pull the trigger to do it. Specifically it is the projectile that does the damage to a person. The person not the weapon initiated the action. It is the end user who discharged the weapon for nefarious purposes that kills
    I will also add that not all guns are lethal and there are far more people that own weapons that do not use them for nefarious purposes compared to the nut jobs that do.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 11:50 AM
  3. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
    If you want to get technical, it’s the bullet that kills from the person using whatever instrument to propel it. Without the person, it most likely doesn’t happen.

4. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    trump’s nutty comment on right wing violence got a reaction. for that reason alone he’ll again talk about it as if it’s impressive. Yes, kind of childish.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I hate that I have to delve into this, but I hope you're just playing devil's advocate. You're asking people not to think critically, not to read between the lines. I see this also happen often in the threads on racism. You don't need to be explicitly told something to understand it. If I said in an angry tone, "You better watch your back, Carpeveritas." I highly doubt you're going to assume I meant that you should stand in front of a mirror and look at your back. You would know that I was making a thinly veiled threat. Similarly, if I said to you, "You're always pushing me, Carpeveritas. I have some very dangerous friends in my biker gang. I'd hate for you to have to meet them." I imagine that you wouldn't assume that I was earnestly saying that I don't want you to meet my scary friends. We have the ability to think critically and read between the lines.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    You want a simple "Yes/No" answer, but if the answer is "No" you want an explanation?

7. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Good posts. Thanks for explaining the implication of this to Carpeveritas

• Like Like x 1
  8. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Yes we do have the ability to think critically. Tell me was President's Trump using an angry tone?
    Now given your scenario as it were in directing such comments to me - my first thought would be what have I done to you to deserve such a remark. Exactly who did President Trump threaten?

From the article
    "It’s so terrible what’s happening. You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you, I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher."

9. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    If you have an answer of yes - please enlighten how you're going to accomplish the goal and enforce it.

10. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    "The left" is the answer.

11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Tell me @gator_lawyer is this a criminal threat? Does it have specificity and reasonableness that puts anyone in harms way? If it did every one who is on the left would be filing a complaint.

Let's be reasonable here @gator_lawyer. Do you really think this a a call for civil war as the title of this thread suggests? Do you really think people would take arms against one another based on the very words President Trump spoke? Personally I think not. I can think of a multitude of reasons for civil war within a nation and words spoken by President Trump is not one one of them.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Start a full scale, launch everything you have, nuclear war. Everybody will join in, - no more nuclear weapons. Easy.

14. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Ask yourself, what would be "very bad, very bad?"

And for whom?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Way to go you have solved the problem. Not a solution I am willing to live with but you did solve the problem, that is until the next round of nuclear weapons are built.

16. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm pretty sure there would be nobody left to build them.