Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump threatening civil war again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by staticgator, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:30 PM.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    And of course when I say "armed" I mean armed with knowledge about politics and the political process, because knowledge is power come election day. I can see how my original post about being armed might be taken in the wrong context. Poor trump, I never realized just how difficult it was to be clear about your meaning.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 8:42 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    I'll tell you the same thing river read the thread.

3. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    I would expect no less of your vote much less mine.

4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    At this point, I've stopped caring about his incoherent rantings. Nobody takes them seriously.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Yeah, I know. You already did.;)

6. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    There is absolutely every reason to expect irrational responses from people that find Trump as their Jim Jones of politics. Human nature is completely at play here. The chaos portion is up to the imagination but as far as creating the focus on it happening then Trump is driving it home now.
    I find amazement that people dont see that humans are inherently weak when it comes to repetitive focused messages. The often repeated line "guns dont kill people..people do" is a great example of acceptance of a distortion of reality. Guns do kill people. Trump has merely conditioned his base to believe that his words are well thought out and meaningful which requires defending them. Some will take that further.

7. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Now you are just making up stuff. He was mentioning armed people (cops and the military) as those that he says would be willing to make things "very bad" for the left if they continue to play political games at the expense of his personal agenda. I never said he was telling them to take up arms ... those people are already obviously already armed ... mentioning them is just an attempt to intimidate.

8. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Yep that gun laying on the table shot someone dead. No one pulled the trigger yet some how that gun killed a person. The other side of coin is do cars kill people or is it people driving cars killing people? Is it opiods that cause death or is the people who injest the opiods that cause death? When you are capable of distinguishing between the cause and effect let me know.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  9. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    So now it is intimidation? We must be getting to the bottom of the barrel.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think we already hit the bottom of the barrel when you started claiming he was just making innocent comments about voting day turn out ...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Funny how my argument hasn't changed and yours keep moving the goal posts,

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  12. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I haven't moved the goal post at all. My thesis has always been that Trump suggested that violence against the left was coming if the left pushed back too far politically. That is (a sad attempt at) intimidation. Using different words to described the same thing may be confusing to some.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM
  13. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    There he goes again, debasing the presidency and showing his autocratic bent. President suffers from serious psychological damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I'm getting sick and tired of so much winning. With all the best people. Believe me I must tell you.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  15. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Which entailed violence and a call to arms and is now intimidation of a call to arms. Totally baseless as President Trump did not call for any such thing. It is your presumption that people will go wild in the streets and resort to violence simply because President Trump planted such thoughts in your mind. So who is being misled as no such words came from his mouth?

Does President Trump have the backing of the people he spoke of at the voting booth? In my opinion he does. Does President Trump have the backing of the people to rise up in armed conflict against one another? I think not.

16. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    We have already a seen a dude with Trump stickers all over his van send like 20 bombs to democrats and the "enemy of the people" newspapers, and someone smash their car into a group of protesters at a right wing rally, just to name two. Quit pretending his words don't matter. I don't think masses of bikers are going fight for Trump, but it doesn't take much to push a few idiots over the edge, and Trump's comments not only suggest violence, but makes violence seem like an expected response to the lefts political push back.

It is absolutely disgusting coming from a president, particularly the suggestion that the military would get involved, since he controls the military, and we both know it's all Fox News and the rest of the right wing media would talk about for days if it was a democrat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Please stop playing dumb.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    To me it read like a vaguely worded threat, or wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    Yes a nut job indeed. Just as much as the nut jobs of all party affiliations (be sure to check the out the nut jobs on the left that attempted to kill a politician on ball diamond). I 'll not deny we have nut jobs all over the place that do harm to society regardless of incitement. Sirhan Bishara Sirhan (Kennedy's support for Isreal) and John Hinkley (impress an actress) were both shot by nut jobs. Each with their own reasons yet neither were influenced by a President's or politicians remarks (or to some insinuations) to commit such an act.

People tend to do what they want regardless of what others may say.

Now many have implanted this seed of thought without regards to the words spoken much less giving any thought to the meaning of such words let alone asking for clarification from President Trump himself. The media is the fore runner in making such claims and now we have intelligent minds on this board (reference the thread that was created) parroting a media that is absolutely hell bent on nailing President Trump's posterior to the wall. Such a disgrace and a lack of intelligence from our media, politicians and our populace. Especially those who are the educated strata of society that lack critical thinking skills.

20. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    @gator_lawyer I expected no less than come on man from you. I responded to a post where the poster claims guns kill people and I simply pointed out the fallacy of that thought. People kill people, animals kill people and people kill themselves. The implement of death is not the culprit. People, animals and oneself are the culprit otherwise we would have guns tried and convicted for murder and people would be blameless.

• Agree Agree x 1