Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump threatening civil war again

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by staticgator, Mar 14, 2019.

1. staticgator

staticgator All American

Nov 27, 2016
    "It’s so terrible what’s happening. You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you, I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...aybe-something-bigger/?utm_term=.8b6cc9c1dbfc

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. fredsanford

fredsanford Premium Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Conduct unbecoming

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. staticgator

staticgator All American

Nov 27, 2016
    Roger Stone predicts violent 'insurrection' if Trump is impeached

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Man is a menace. He should be put down in the primaries.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tarponbro

tarponbro Senior

Feb 10, 2016
    Support of the military? Is that why Secretary of Defense James Mattis left after Trump decided to withdraw from Syria?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's like he thinks the course of our country is going to be settled in a bar fight

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Continues to show his not only his ignorance, but his contempt for the Constitution.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  8. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    It's also another example of trump telling people what to do without coming right out and saying it, just as he was accused of doing by Cohen during Cohen's testimony to Congress.

“Mr. Trump did not directly tell me to lie to Congress. That’s not how he operates. In conversations we had during the campaign, at the same time I was actively negotiating in Russia for him, he would look me in the eye and tell me there’s no business in Russia and then go out and lie to the American people by saying the same thing. In his way, he was telling me to lie."

--Michael Cohen​

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Who's more dangerous? The guy wanting to climb in the window to steal your TV and watch, or the guy who lies to your face so he can steal your house and retirement fund?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Goes to show our southern border isn't where the danger is.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I wonder what he thinks the tough people's "certain point," is before they....what? He's short on specifics, but it will definitely be "bad, very bad."

It's a pity he's so incoherent, I'd like a clear articulation of this latest dramatic treatise. I'm not at all fluent in jibber jabber.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bring it on you worthless lefties. I'm ready for ya!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I know that guy. He's from Jax.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    The sad thing is there are people who really think this way. It's like they don't understand that even though the North won the civil war, it's not like hundreds of thousands of them didn't die, and who knows how many more were seriously injured. If your son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father etc. die during a war, winning is probably a pretty cold comfort.

Soldiers from the side that won the Civil War.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    There goes my wife again putting words in mouth and making mountains out of mole hills. The basic gist of the statement is that if these people rose up it would be bad for the nation and on that I agree. To insinuate he is telling people to rise up does nothing more than incite people to rise up. It's as if the media and others want this to actually happen so they add the fuel to the fire claiming that is exactly what President Trump wants. It is not what he said and I'm certain it's not what he wants.

Do people get fed up and eventually strike back when they see no other recourse? Sure they do. In this instance, is the populace at that point? If it is then you have to seriously consider the provocation that drives one to rebel. I guarantee you the answer to the question of rebellion will not be President Trump told me to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  16. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Imagine for a moment that Obama had said, "I got black people on my side, and they are tougher than all the old white guys that voted in this Republican Congress, so you all need to be real careful about how far you push back against me, because there is no telling what the angry black people will do to the weaker old white men if I don't start getting my way, but trust me, it will be very bad, very bad"..

Just imagine.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    There is no imagine and President Obama never said that. However he said If your opponents bring a knife to a fight, you should bring a gun. That is more on the lines of inciting people to carry guns and use them period.

In this case we have the media and people hyping over a whole lot of nothing. As I said ask the populace that rises up if they rose up because President Trump told them to do so? I can give you a number of answers and it will not be because President Trump told me to do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Not familiar with the Obama quote, but it sounds like the saying "don't bring a knife to a gun fight", which is meant in a figurative way, not a recommendation that people carry around guns just in case a knife fight breaks out. I'm sure you know that, though.

Trump's quote is not a saying, or a figure of speech, it's a warning that he thinks tough guy cops, the military, and bikers could unite against "the left" and the results will be very bad, very bad...

Of course, that is just as far-fetched ... that cops and the military and bikers are going to start attacking citizens for no other reason than they think they are liberals ... as many of Trump's other stupid ideas. I don't really think it's going to happen, and that's not really the problem. The problem is that the President of the United States is justifying violence against his political opponents. He's basically saying it's okay for his "tough guys" to commit violent acts since "the left" is being tough on him politically, so they are asking for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. carpeveritas

carpeveritas Junior

Dec 31, 2016
    So now you're looking for excuses and you believe an uprising is not in the cards or an issue then the comments from President Trump are just as baseless. Get over it move on and stop putting words, thoughts and deeds into President Trump's responses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm not putting words in his mouth. He says he has the tough guys on his side and if "the left" plays games past a certain point, the results will be very bad, very bad... it's pretty hard to pretend that's not some threat of responding to political "games" with actual violence ... but you are doing a great job at playing pretend.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1