Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump supporter who called Covid-19 a hoax dies from virus 2 weeks later

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Apr 5, 2020.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have a pretty decent firearm collection, including assault-style weapons. It's pretty obvious to me her response was stupid and that she paid the ultimate price for her stupidity. I hope she did not give this to her family/fiends.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    Threads like this remind me of UK fans cheering Tebow being wheeled off the field on a stretcher in 2009. We can do better.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As usual, you have this wrong. No one is making light of the situation. It does, however highlight, underscore and italicize how dangerous the bullshit Trump and the Fox News people were frothing was. Sad that people listened to them. That was the intent of the OP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    If it’s the Trump and Fox people that are fools and are eliminated, isn’t that good from a left perspective?

You know, cull the ignorant deplorable herd.

Less Trumpers means less votes for Trump. Amirite?

It’s a win win for democrats.

Now if we can only get more senior citizens to fall on the sword and catch covid, we can save SS and Medicare.

• Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  5. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Actually, this is an important thread because it reinforces the need to take this disease seriously. And not to belittle the science that should be guiding policy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    A real candidate for worst post ever. Maybe you should consider re-thinking this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    You know damn well this thread won’t change a damn thing. We’ve been telling people for decades to stop smoking. Many more people will likely die from that this year than Covid-19. Should I go crash the next dead smoker’s funeral and tell everybody “seeeeeee I told you smoking kills”?

This thread is nothing more than a celebration of somebody’s death. And from a poster who has a history of these types of posts. There is no mistaking it. Plain and simple.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    well the flip side of that would be that they are essentially extending the lockdown and wrecking of the economy by ignoring the recommendations, both of which we all desperately want to end.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    TnC with a tough of dagger.

10. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    Im not sure about that? It may speed up the infection rate, get it over and done with. Overwhelming the hospitals would be the bad part.

11. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Just WOW I can't believe you posted the following in the thread about the Kennedy family just yesterday.
    So I guess by the JMDZ standard it is fine to say all kinds of things about a dead person as long as it isn't a Kennedy because Kennedys have family.

12. LouisvilleGator

Oct 16, 2012
    Yeah, I forgot to even mention the OP had to make sure we all know it was a Trump supporter who died. Like I said, I'm surprised this is even allowed here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Right now the percent of Americans infected is almost exactly .1 percent.
    To get to a heard immunity we likely need 80-90 percent infected. That would mean, even if we accepted that the current infected rate is double what has been tested, we would be 1/400 if the way there at best.
    At 10k deaths now, we would be several million deaths away from getting through this quicker taking that route.
    The only answer is to try and minimize until we can either stomp it out via isolation or get to a vaccine/viable treatment. Every single person who gets infected now lengthens the former and means one more case/potential death before the latter happens. Meantime this woman likely infected several others in her ignorance, which will extend things that much longer still.
    Not to mention the stress on doctors, nurses, state budgets which are getting gouged for supply costs etc. longer term you and I will pay more for insurance because of her and others like her too. The only thing that has brought a tear to my eye so far was this picture. We need to give those folks a break.

upload_2020-4-5_17-35-10.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    And there will be many more.

Subconsciously liking that it’s a Trumpster.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  15. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Hey, it's not like I mocked a dead U.S. war hero or made fun of Mitt Romney's quarantine.:emoji_relaxed:

• Winner Winner x 2
  16. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    You should be happy I simply said "Trump supporter." The term I really wanted to use would've been edited.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    He didn't call the dead person stupid, he said her actions were. And they were. Shrug.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Nailed it! :rolleyes:

I can't even be offended by this nonsense. Absolutely no merit to your post and I'm not going to waste any effort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    People who listened to her or posters here saying the same thing just a short time ago are increasing the risk that they were going to get sick. And maybe die. And maybe spread the disease to third parties. The reason it is important to identify what she said and what happened to her and that she is a Trump supporter is to illustrate the danger that her ideas represent to others. She encourages people to behave like she did. And she exposed herself and her family to this disease. As would anyone who pushed reopening the country or that deaths would stop at 1000. There is a big risk now to following non-science based political philosophy that is at odds with reality.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Charity from private citizens = good. Government giving away money = bad. Unless you're getting the money from the government, then, it's good because you earned it. :emoji_joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2