Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump supporter who called Covid-19 a hoax dies from virus 2 weeks later

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Apr 5, 2020.

1. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She may have also infected her husband and children as well. Test results still pending....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The coronavirus doesn't discriminate. It won't hesitate to kill ignorant and uninformed people. I also am not sure how guns are supposed to help you fight a virus. But stupid people do what stupid people do. I take no joy in what happened to this lady, but hopefully, this will wake up some of her friends and family to what we're facing.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    Posted without a trace of schadenfreude, I'm sure.:rolleyes: How about at least posting some links to evidence that she was defying stay home and social distancing instead of celebrating her death because she had a different opinion than you do?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Who's celebrating? I feel for her family and can only hope that this serves as a wake up call that her death shouldn't go in vain by continuing the ignorance. Perhaps her death was inevitable regardless of whether she believed in the virus or not, but she likely took little care in her interactions with others and she surely used her platform to spread lies and preach a false sense of security because in its irony, she in fact chose to live under a rock.

I also just noticed that her family is going against her wishes by using hand sanitation wipes:eek:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I have no joy, but I feel no sorrow except what may happen to her family and friends as a result of her ignorance.
    Bad stuff happens to stupid people everyday, I just worry she will take innocents with her.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Does she have to have left her home to have been completely wrong?

But.....celebration?

It’s tragic. Tragic for her, tragic for her family and tragic for any of the people who ignorantly or unwittingly believed her and others that this virus was a hoax and didn’t take steps to protect themselves. 8200 US lives and counting hundreds if not thousands more daily later, it wasn’t.

Here’s a memo to those folks:

In the case of a pandemic, science always wins. Period. Full stop.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    I see no celebration in his post, that is your distortion. I also see no claims that that she defied stay at home, again your distortion. She definitely called the virus a hoax, and it appeared that she died from Covid-19, which is what the OP posted. My interpretation of the post is the dangers of calling coronovirus a hoax, for those who believe it and go out and "live the life they [virus hoaxers] don't want you to have".

Trump supporter who called Covid-19 a hoax dies from virus 2 weeks later

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Certainly we should all be taking this seriously by now. Even if you aren’t scared for yourself and your family, you never know to whom you could pass it.

It’s very sad when you hear about the actual deaths and the actual families of the victims. It’s something that gets lost when tracking the totals.

As a quote often attributed to Stalin says: One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    I just watched again the video I embedded in this post.

Seriously, it’s virtually impossible for one network to hire the vast collection of absolute moronic and sycophantic idiots as the collection Fox has assembled.

Lachlan Murdoch, shame on you.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Sad, but I can't help but be reminded of John Sedgwick, a Union Army general during the Civil War.

Just before being shot and killed by one of the Confederate sharpshooters firing at them, Sedgwick walked around and told his men, "Why are you dodging like this? They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. GatorNorth

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Unfortunately for the good General, there were apparently no elephants in the area.

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You don't need hand sanitizer or toilet paper, you need faith and guns. God. What an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Exactly. S*** is real and people are dying. Lives cut short Terribly sad no matter the person

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. manfromroom5

manfromroom5 Freshman

Apr 4, 2020
    I have little doubt we will see people that recover say it was no big deal.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Very rare too. Don't laugh guys, we are 10x more likely to die from this virus than women. I don't know who she was or her age or physical makeup or if she had underlying conditions, but women don't really die from this virus as much as men. It's not like 60/40 here, more closer to 85/15. In Italy, 80% of deaths were to men. The same in Spain. The same in China and the UK. I was doubting it until a buddy of mine said do a lookup of celebrities that have died and count the women. I did and there was only one woman on the list and she was 88. The guys ranged from 52 to 86. Furthermore, male doctors and nurses are dying at a higher clip than women. Too bad we don't have the pool to put only women on the front lines. A war waged by women would be very ironic.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    This is just evidence of the deaths that are blood on the hands of the President and the Fox Propoganda Network for duping people into downplaying the severity and danger of this pandemic. And it doesn’t take but a glance through the threads in this forum to see that it is still at work.

There was an interesting piece on the fault of the Administration, Fox propaganda, and the Chinese government today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ronavirus-government-dysfunction/?arc404=true

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. g8rjd

g8rjd GC Hall of Fame

Jan 20, 2008
    Tallahassee, FL
    This is true. Here’s some backup for you. I knew I remembered seeing this article.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...th/2020/04/04/coronavirus-men/?outputType=amp

18. RealGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    You are absolutely correct. H1N1 patients who recovered from being on a ventilator have to spend the rest of their lives on oxygen. If you get ventilated and if you survive (the mortality rate of those that eventually are intubated and have ARDS is 70 to 86%), you will spend the rest of your life on an oxygen tank. It's because your lungs are permanently damaged and can no longer efficiently take in oxygen from the air. In short, you get COVID-19, pray you are one of the 80%.

• Informative Informative x 4
  19. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    I couldn't tell on my phone, but now that I am on my computer, it looks like her and her husband were carrying quite a bit of extra weight. The conditions that go with that weight generally are not going to be your friends with Covid. If her husband got it, he is in deep kimchi.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. RealGatorFan

Apr 3, 2007
    There were Millennials in California just 2 weeks ago ignoring this virus and it had nothing to do with Trump or Fox.....why? because 1) they don't listen to Trump and 2) they don't watch FoxNews. So why were they doing what they were doing? Why Spring Break? It's because they got it off of MSNBC and CNN that this was an "old person's virus". Maybe we should blame CNN and all the other liberal MSM for allowing millions of Spring Breakers to go on Spring Break from all over the country and then take it back with them. The problem is CNN ran with the story before waiting to find out the data coming out of China was flawed. If we waited until we got more out of Italy would have shown a different picture - young people not only were getting the virus, but ending up in the hospital just as much as their older peers.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1