Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Rocinante, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Rocinante

Rocinante Senior

May 28, 2013
    The man needs to be impeached, tried, convicted and put under the prison for treason. If congress had any ethics they would start removing many of the powers they have conceded to the executive over the last 50 years. Get rid of war powers act, no military action without a congressional vote, except for imminent nuclear attack and that would still need the consensus of the entire cabinet and the joint chiefs. Separate the AG entirely from the president, would require 2/3 of both houses for selection and confirmation. The presidency needs to be castrated.

President Donald Trump may not alert the FBI if foreign governments offered damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, he said, despite the deluge of investigations stemming from his campaign's interactions with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump says he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Just like the Lester Holt interview, admitting his criminality in a national interview. Though this one was merely a "hypothetical" (LOL YEAH RIGHT).

Guy's a disgrace. But what else is new? This probably wasn't even the dumbest thing he did or said just yesterday. Literally impossible to keep track of the idiocy.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unfortunately we have reached the point where things like this don't matter any more......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    He has told you over and over again this is the most transparent administration in history. He ain't hiding anything from you. He was asked what he would do and he told you. Would you rather have democrats say no then do it behind your backs?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    That made no sense whatsoever. Transparency versus admitting to purposely doing a criminal act as President are 2 different entities.
    Example: I will murder someone if someone gives me the gun. I am transparent so when I kill someone dont worry about it because I am just that type of big mouthed megalomaniac that you have to ignore because I am POTUS.
    Get it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    You mean kind of like the dems and the steele dossier?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Well, it worked once so why not?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I think you both need to re-read what you have posted (sorry this comes out as a "you need a time-out"). You are being righteously indignant. Indignant that...Trump got voted POTUS fair and square? That the populace is a bunch of morons? That the blowhard is a blowhard? That he relishes in tweaking your nose? That his saying to Merkel "you got a nice rack" is not a criminal offense?

If I may quote "an old guy", "My right to swing my fist ends where your nose begins." That is called the First Amendment to the Constitution.

What exactly did Trump do? Did he say he offed Jimmy Hoffa? And does the evidence support the claim? Isn't that what Mueller was charged with? And didn't his report say "too bad being a jerk isn't a crime because I would have nailed that SOB"?

You don't like the man. I think we all get it. But when you decide that being a jerk is criminal and the First Amendment is obsolete...and your perspective gets a real groundswell, then this country is going to be toast, sooner or later.

Um, just exactly what are you hoping to leave for your kids and grand-kids? A nice statue of "the good old days?" Is that all?

Get a bit more perspective. That is all I am requesting.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019 at 7:35 AM
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  9. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    In other words Trump admitted that he is completely unethical and transactional and would do whatever he deems necessary to win whether or ethical or legal. In others, he is a self-admitted crook and it really doesn't matter. Using an analogy if he were a presidential candidate 47 years ago he would have had no problem with using documents obtained as the result of burglary of the headquarters of the opposing party if said documents would benefit his campaign.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    The problem with Mr. Trump is that since he lies so much and so often his word means absolutely nothing. I'd give specific examples but there is a whole thread about his veracity. Or shall I say lack thereof. Lying is not transparency.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe if Steele offered it directly to the Democrats and much more significantly he wasn't an agent of the British government and the last time I checked we hadn't had a real adversarial relationship with the Brits since the War of 1812 unless you count the Civil War when they favored the Confederacy.

12. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    And in other news: Water is wet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Lol at Trump supporters, who probably railed daily against Obama, giving anyone advice on having "perspective".

Trump is a con-man and pathological liar who actively threatens our democracy every day he is in office. Yeah, I guess he is a "transparant" about his disregard for the laws he doesn't like. Who needs them stinking laws and constitutional separation of powers. You read this as a free speech argument? Seriously?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    The way I understood him was if someone comes to you and says I have dirt on your opponent you listen. Then if it merits you turn them in to the FBI. He didn't say you go out looking for and paying for opposition research like Ms Clinton.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Um, I don’t think “transparent” is the right word.

How Team Trump keeps changing its story in the Russia investigation

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Actually no, he said he would never call the FBI. You effectively had the POTUS saying dont call the FBI.

Only when challenged, did he say "maybe do both, listen and then call the FBI." But then I believe he still added that he had never called the FBI and that the FBI doesn't have time to listen if you call anyway.

I'm sure the Faux News echo chamber calls it fake news or had some other heroic interpretation of his actual words. Like Ingraham when she did an interview of Trump, then actually referred to something Trump actually said in her interview (about holding up the Normandy ceremonies) as "fake news". Just because she knew that probably wouldn't play well. Twilight Zone stuff.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    He’s not getting impeached. He’s getting threatened with it. It’s distracting, neutering, and the kind of politics he and the pubs have been playing for a while now. You play with fire you get burned.

He was elected for who he wasn’t. He wasn’t a politician. He thought he got elected for who he was. He has amped up the Donald Trump level so much as to make the entire government ineffective and the office a joke. The election will solve this problem.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There is nothing wrong with paying for opposition research. Before it was retained by the Clinton campaign Fusion GPS the firm that hired Steele was retained by Jeb Bush's camapign during the Republican primaries. In Trump's own words he was much more concerned with the content of the information and whether his campaign would benefit rather than whether it may have been obtained illegally from a foreign source.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  19. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    His rally cry is going to go from “No collusion!” to “Sure I’ll do it again!”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump publicly asked an enemy foreign power to hack HRC and get her emails published.

Trump's campaign took a meeting with agents of an enemy foreign power to obtain the HRC emails.

Multiple Trump campaign staffers were reported in "suspicious communications" with agents of an enemy foreign power, and learned of other attacks that enemy foreign power was conducting against Trump's opponents.

Trump's campaign reported none of these crimes by the enemy foreign power. In fact, they encouraged these crimes.

Trump' campaign then facilitated more crimes by giving polling data to agents for the enemy foreign power.

Trump personally lied about a number of these instances, and continues to lie about his knowledge of attacks on our country. He hired an AG with a track record of covering up crimes for past administrations. And he just openly gave a green light for more attacks on our country.

This is the man charged with protecting our country.

Aside from 10 possible counts of criminal obstruction, his campaign finance fraud, rampant violations of the emoluments clauses and lord knows what else this man has done, his behavior wrt supporting and calling for attacks on our country is reason for impeachment.

He is a traitor as well as a criminal, and should be judged and penalized as such.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1