Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump rolls back light bulb efficiency standards

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Sep 4, 2019.

1. homer

homer GC Legend

Nov 2, 2015
  2. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    Exactly led bulbs have a higher initial cost but can produce the same warm light from incandescent. I think incandescent and compact florescent will be seen only in museums in a couple more years.

3. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Parent in 2040: Hey kids, sorry Disney World is underwater now, but who wants to take a trip to the light bulb museum!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump is rolling back the light bulb efficiency standards for one reason. The regulations mandating the standards were promulgated under the Obama Administration. Interestingly the underlying legislation was enacted during the Bush Administration and it was President Bush who signed the bill into law.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I’m with you Mutz on the warm lighting. Can’t stand the harsh blue lighting of daylight bulbs. So all our lights in our house are 2700-3000 range LED lights (except for the garage which is I believe 5000).

6. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    What kind of lighting does Hilary use?

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    It was probably an Obama conspiracy to divert rich people's money back to his Muslim family in Kenya. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Hold on, let me go ask my buddy who was the Deep State assassin that killed Epstein. He is also Bill and Hillary's maintenance guy at all their mansions located around the world. He'll know for sure, as he also rigged the LED bulbs to fail on command in and around Epstein's cell so there was no chance at all the hit could be captured on video. I'll let you know when he replies. Shh, keep this info on the down low please. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1