Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump produces altered Dorian map

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fredsanford, Sep 4, 2019.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Hilary who?

2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Except that the model never had the storm going into Alabama. Ever. Even that one did not. So, Trump’s sterner was false. By the time that the sixth day became the fifth day, which is Trump’s sharpey drawing, the cone had changed dramatically. And Alabama was not in it. And even the cone changed even more so by the time and date of Trump’s tweet. We are joking, but the tweet reflects a serious failure to understand what states were at risk when he tweeted it. Assuming that Trump was receiving briefings, the tweet reflects a serious failure to process simple facts in an emergency. In this case, the projected direction of a storm. Assuming Trump was not receiving briefings and did not know that the projected path had changed, the tweet reflects serious incompetence. The fact that Trump won’t admit he misspoke? All indefensible. There are no excuses. But the defenders keep defending. Because having a president who is pro gun, anti immigrant and appoints anti abortion judges makes up for a complete lack of competence, either mentally or professionally. And dishonesty on a daily basis.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    Or he could just stop thinking he is the smartest guy in the room on every and all subjects and leave the work on such matters to those who have been doing such work for decades and actually ARE the smartest guys in the room.

But that's not what a infantile, self absorbed, egomaniac does.

I have a tee shirt. It reads: Stop telling everyone you know it all
    it only ticks off those who do.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 GC Legend

Nov 26, 2017
    I swear you really need to contact the WH. I think there's a job as the president's press secretary in your future!

• Funny x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The defenses to me are funny. No one cares that he made a minor mistake, BFD.
    The reason this thread is at 7 pages is his pathetic and honestly sad attempt to justify it. His reaction is beyond bizarre. From breaking the law in changing the cone with a freakin sharpie to “prove” he was right, to calling a fox reporter into the Oval Office to complain about the coverage, to his 10 tweets on it, all while Americans (and 4 states he won and needs for the next election incidentally) were being affected by a hurricane. His concern was on how he was being portrayed.
    He is just an awful human being.

• Winner Winner x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    This. He made a mistake, it happens. Everyone makes mistakes (except me of course ;)). All he had to do is say that newer data showed that Alabama was no longer at risk, but no. When telling the truth would work perfectly fine, they opt for the lie anyway. Crooked RE Developing For Dummies page 3. Like I've never seen that done before.

[​IMG]

Fer Sherr. :D:D

Credit to Frank and Moon Unit Zappa.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    This thread delivers! 10/10, would read again.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Norcaligator

Norcaligator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 21, 2007
    So much winning!
    I am heartened there are only a couple of defenders on this thread-it suggests Trump’s idiocy may be sinking in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    North Carolina
    upload_2019-9-6_10-26-54.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    upload_2019-9-6_10-28-26.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Vindibudd

Vindibudd GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Orlando
    I'm glad this is the most important news story in the world.

12. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Don’t know whether you are a Trump supporter, but this is Trump and his base in a nutshell. Do something stupid, double down on it, refuse to admit you are wrong, make it a far bigger story than it ever needed to be, attack those who point it out perpetuating the news cycle, look foolish in the process, and then garner sympathy from his base for being persecuted.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    The rest either went into hiding or fled the board for more friendly Trump confines where childhood insults and fact free posting are all you need to fit in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    If this was about Obama when he was President, the thread would have been shut down by now.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  15. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Apparently, Trump does or at least he thinks it's among the more important news stories otherwise how can one explain his obsession?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Although Obama made the statement during his campaign rather than after he took office if he was like Trump he would have gone on for days claiming that there were really 57 states.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    And drawing a map that proved he was right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    It's hard being a victim.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. camp1

camp1 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Earlier, I misspoke and included Alabama as a state that could be influenced by the devastation being caused by Hurricane Dorian. I was considering some earlier models which did include Alabama within the possible path of Dorian. The experts at the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center believe that the Hurricane to be taking a northern turn and while the other southern states of Florida, Georgia, and Carolinas are at high risk, Alabama does not appear within the path of the storm. I do apologize for any unnecessary alarm caused by my comments for the residents of the great State of Alabama. Prayers to all, both in the United States and abroad, that have been affected by this devastating storm.

This tweet stops the controversy. This is how a President (or any reasonable person) is supposed to respond.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It didn’t t even have to be that formal.

“I mentioned Alabama earlier today with Dorian, as of now thankfully they do not appear to be in the path. But stay alert just in case!”

That would totally be a trump tweet and it would have been over.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2