Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump no longer satisfied with dog whistles

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Perhaps. Ask more questions / make more statements. Let's see how far we go.

Is there any truth to the report that AOC was seen kissing Mike Pence (alone!) at Gainesville regional airport? Find out on page 136!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Donald Trump's Republican Party is more like a combination of the pre Civil Rights Southern Democratic Party and the ant-immigrant, nativist Know Nothing Party of the 1840s and 1850s than the Party of Lincoln.
    How the 19th-Century Know Nothing Party Reshaped American Politics | History | Smithsonian

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MaceoP

MaceoP GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe the prominent race in Hispanics ancestry is European & native, with African being a distant third

4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Exactly. I've been alive for awhile now and have had plenty of people angry at me. Nobody, not a single person, has ever told me to go back to my country. I don't think it's much of a leap to say that's the case because I'm white.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    When you get a leak in your roof do you move to a new house or do you fix the leak because you love your house and would rather fix it than leave?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I've seen people choose both alternatives

8. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Uh huh...and which is far more common? Leaving your house because there's a leak in the roof, or fixing the leak?

I've owned 3 houses now. I made dozens of repairs to each of those houses rather than move dozens and dozens of times. I suspect almost everybody you know, yourself included, does the same. So save that ridiculous argument for someone else.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007

Maybe I'm a bad person to ask.....I've been in real estate for 17 years and have been party to roughly 500 transactions.

Very common to see people want to cut and run when a roof issue pops up. Yes, they'll fix the existing leak but I find it's very common that people who have houses in the 18-23 year of roof age, want to sell stating that the upcoming roof issues are a major motivator

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Maybe you're just making a ridiculous argument because you have nothing better? You don't actually expect people to believe that moving because there's a leak in your roof is anywhere near as common as simply fixing the leak do you?

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Several of us agree this thread has run it's course. Thanks to all for keeping it civil....it's a tough topic. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.