Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump mentions Ilhan Omar at rally, crowd chants "send her back!"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Jul 17, 2019.

1. jmoliver

jmoliver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    My bigotry is better than your bigotry.

2. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    If these people hate living around liberals so much, I don't know what luck they'll have in the Rockies. Seems like the trade deficit would explode due to the dearth of natural ports in a self-made landlocked enclave.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Hey, the world has changed since then, but if nolan wants the pubs to leave...it wouldn't be America. You guys would need a new name, something more European is my guess.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Sure.

...and due to their POLITICS, not their gender, color of skin, race, or what have you...

The common denominator with "the Squad", isn't their color, or place of origin--it's their virulent politics, and their outspoken advocacy of same.

(Pretty sure y'all actually know this deep down inside, but seek to play the victim race card, in order to avoid pitting ideologies against one another...).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. gatornana

gatornana Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Putin, too. Both want destruction of the west.....wonder if these chanting Americans want that too?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Or cons see themselves in the mirror of Trump and don’t like what they see so they try to rationalize it away. Just a joke, not what he really means.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Monkey see, monkey do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

I don't know, seems like a small (but powerful) minority of conservatives are still engaged in elaborate fantasies about how important and vital they are to the country's well being and identity. Some things never change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    What does this have to do with chanting for a US citizen to be deported from this country for ideological differences? This isn't a discussion about trump's tweets

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Nothing wrong with a little pride. We're all important, just some play victim too much and act like America isn't an amazing place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Its the lack of self-awareness is what annoys me the most. Like Ayn Rand's whole premise was the idea that the 'makers' were being victimized by the 'takers' and had to fight back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Really, hold him accountable? How exactly? Run him out on a rail? The only way to show displeasure for a politician is to vote them out.

14. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    I don't want pubs to leave. I want us all to work together for a brighter future. However, if some people are so worried about the beliefs of liberals (which at last at the ballot box outnumber conservative ideas) they may need to redefine what they think constitutes "hating America".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    If his supporters expressed an issue with extreme rhetoric such as chanting about deporting a political opponent at a rally what do you think would happen?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    That's a fair take, though in all honesty, I do not think your concerns are warranted. That is, I do not believe the hate you fear is lying in wait underneath a veneer of joviality...is actually there. IOW, I think you're extrapolating to a catastrophic end, by completely misreading the actual trajectory.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well it would start by not cheering him on when he says moronic things at his rallies.
    But as soon as polls showed him dipping into the 20s or 30s, or that a majority of his base didn’t like it, he would stop. If his supporters wrote their congresspeople asking them to no longer look the other way and his agenda became conditional on him behaving like an actual adult, he would stop. And if he didn’t, yes, then they should consider staying home Election Day.
    But instead, what we get are throngs cheering his idiocy. And then defending or minimizing the indefensible.

If his supporters truly can’t see how dangerous his rhetoric is, then I am at a loss, and truly saddened for where this country is headed, especially if he gets four more years.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Ahhhh....so you're basing your indignation on an analysis of the chant, in a vacuum....

Well as least you're coming clean about being disingenuous in your analysis.

Sorry, but the chant was about as clear a reference to the Tweets as you could come up with.

To pretend they were unrelated, is embarrassingly insulting to the objective observer's intelligence.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I take it you werent a fan of her writing.

20. sovietgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    What a maroon, lmao!! Everybody knows it's spelled Ya'll Qaeda.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3