Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump mentions Ilhan Omar at rally, crowd chants "send her back!"

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Jul 17, 2019.

1. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Who wouldn't applaud deceitful and racist remarks by the President?! :confused:

And then turn around and call the victims of those remarks "anti-American racists"... masterful.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Can you specifically say what makes them anti-American racists? Again, specifically.
    thanks

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Thank you for the post. We could use more stories like this. It should help show people and posters who think racism is all but dead in America, or isn't a big problem, that for you, racism is alive and well, and is something you have recently dealt with. And your experience isn't an isolated one-off. Plenty of minorities with similar stories. I posted a link to the LA Times with a number of them. Here's a link with stories from Congressmen and Senators of all races. Not surprisingly, every minority has "go back home" stories, but no white member do. Though politicians with an Irish or Italian heritage have heard stories about the Grandparents and Great-Grandparents hearing similar things when they first arrived.

Racism isn't a joke, and telling a minority who is an American citizen to return to her home country is nothing to laugh about.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I mean... if he left and moved out of America, presumably he’d gain citizenship somewhere else...

I don’t see how my logic suggests he’d still be an American citizen... lol

5. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America
    "I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Omar is still Somalian. He would still be American, right? It is based on where you were born, right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    I know of at least one candidate who is preaching unity. But I don't know if there's a person in this country who can unify us. It'll likely take an event for any chance of that happening.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Try not saying racist things or defending racist things that were said by others. I talk to POC every single day. I don't get called racist because I don't say things like, "Go back to your country."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    As does every other Trump supporting Proud Boy

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No... I should’ve said she’s Somalian-American... I was incorrect when I suggested she’s Somalian... nevertheless, she was born Somalian... her original country was Somalia....

No Cypress would no longer be an American... he’d be a former American or someone of American descent I guess... sorry I don’t say that every time about Omar when I post... it’s a bit of a mouthful...

11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I have a good friend that recently moved to St Pete Beach, which most wouldn't consider a racist area, but she still gets stares and looks like WTH are you doing here in certain places. She has a couple of neighbors that just stare at her and won't speak. Her daughter and boyfriend parked in a guest space with a guest pass and one of these neighbors tried to tell them they couldn't park there, even after showing the guest pass. SMDH.

She also has nice neighbors but in this day and age, you wonder WTH is wrong with these other people.

Of course there are a gazillion stories like that. That most folks walk around blissfully unaware of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    It doesn't matter that she was born in Somalia. It doesn't matter that your family came from Cuba. It doesn't matter that my family came from Europe. We are all Americans. When somebody tells another person to go back to their country, it is almost always intended to be racist. It is intended to convey to them that they don't belong here. It is intended to convey to them that they aren't a real American. It is no more acceptable to tell a naturalized citizen that than a person who was born here. It is wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I agree with the first part of your post and disagree with the second part....

It can be racist, but it doesn’t have to be. It depends on the motive. Why matters...

14. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Pssst:

Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    what deceitful racist remarks

16. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Would you care to share any evidence you base your opinion on...or is this just your opinion?

17. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    And that condition is misguided, which is why you continue to be wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    It was probably a ruskie that started it all.

19. beanfield

beanfield GC Legend

Aug 1, 2009
    After some consideration, DJT says let her stay as she is the face of the democratic party....it will add even more to his 2020 landslide.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    And Omar just introduced a bill for boycotting Israel. She compares the need to boycott israel to that of the need to boycott nazi Germany and apartheid South Africa.

• Winner Winner x 1