Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

trump lies a lot - up to 10,000

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Jan 22, 2019.

1. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    Not one of Trump's lies has cost me more personally than the lie of Obamacare.

Until that happens, your "lie count" is pointless

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    So, how it affects you personally is the barometer of what a lying SOS Trump is? Good to know. Get back to us.

• Like Like x 4
  3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    I'm not the only person effected....I am one of millions who have been screwed by the lies that allowed for the most disastrous legislation passed in the history of this country.

Him bragging about a phone call is absolutely meaningless. If this is what you're basing your displeasure over, then that's pathetic in comparison.

a blatant lie that costs the American middle class billions of dollars......that means something

regardless, the standard of personal effect is a standard of scruitany more fair and objective than party affiliation.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. obgator

obgator Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    At this point, it may be easier to keep track of the instances when Trump speaks the truth.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Just another pants on fire ...
    Trump falsely says Obama didn't give documents to Congress

6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump can get away with continuously lying because his base is uninformed and receives its "news" through a compartmentalized echo chamber. Trump's supporters are as skeptical of the Donald as the citizens of North Korea are of Kim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Amusing, but not surprising. That's apparently when Trump gets much of his 'information.' A little background on Moore:

Greenpeace Statement On Patrick Moore

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Ah, to be a part of the enlightened class. Does one need a masters in pretentiousness or does simply voting for Bernie get you into the club?

10. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    What's that elephant doing on my couch? :rolleyes:

11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm actually not a big fan of Bernie as a potential president. Of the potential Democratic nominees my choices are Biden and Amy Klobuchar. I also was think AOC is somewhat of an airhead although she was one of most effective Democrats to question Michael Cohen at the hearing on the Hill (probably the result of good staff work).

Using just one example, the fact that a majority of Trump supporters believe that Obama was born in Kenya or that there isn't sufficient information to determine where he was born speaks for their ignorance considering that in 2008 the Director of the Hawaii Department of Health, a Republican appointed by Republican governor, confirmed that he was born in Hawaii. Whether or not they liked Obama if they were the least bit informed they would have accepted that he was a US citizen by birth.

From 2017
    Poll shows 57 percent of Trump voters still think Obama was born in Kenya

From 2008
    https://health.hawaii.gov/vitalrecords/files/2013/05/08-93.pdf

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
  13. obgator

obgator Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And maybe they were so gullible they believed a distorted account of a conversation.
    The statement was based on a telephone interview through a translator. Unlike you, I actually researched the issue. After she made the statement that he was born in Kenya the interviewer asked her to confirm her statement and she corrected herself saying that he was born in the US, not Kenya.
    Trump: Obama's grandmother said he was born in Kenya

15. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    First, I've never made my position clear one way or another.

and I'm sure you have researched this fully

16. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Pretty cool to defend Trump's lies by posting yet another falsehood.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Greenpeace Statement On Patrick Moore

Patrick Moore Did Not Found Greenpeace
    Patrick Moore frequently portrays himself as a founder or co-founder of Greenpeace, and many news outlets have repeated this characterization. Although Mr. Moore played a significant role in Greenpeace Canada for several years, he did not found Greenpeace. Phil Cotes, Irving Stowe, and Jim Bohlen founded Greenpeace in 1970. Patrick Moore applied for a berth on the Phyllis Cormack in March, 1971 after the organization had already been in existence for a year. A copy of his application letter and Greenpeace’s response are available here (PDF).

Patrick Moore is a Paid Spokesperson for the Nuclear Industry
    In April 2006, the Nuclear Energy Institute, the principal lobby for the nuclear industry, launched the Clean And Safe Energy Coalition and installed former Bush Administration EPA Administrator Christine Todd Whitman and Mr. Moore as its co-chairs. The Clean and Safe Energy Coalition was part of a public relations project spearheaded by the public relations giant Hill & Knowlton as part of its estimated $8 million contract with the nuclear industry.(1)

18. obgator

obgator Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    Nice spin, Sarah Sanders would be proud

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Your previous post strongly suggesting that Obama may have been born in Kenya based on an inaccurate story regarding his paternal grandmother would strongly suggest that you haven't researched the issue. A 5-minute Google search would have revealed that the whole narrative was based on a very small excerpt from a telephone interview in which the interviewer followed up and Obama's grandmother corrected her statement. It's a case of believing what you want to believe and by the way the fact that the entire narrative that Obama was born in Kenya continued to receive support for 10 years after it was conclusively debunked by the most credible source, the Hawaii Director of Health, illustrates not only the ignorance of believers in the myth but the fact that they actually choose to remain ignorant.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    In 2019, 50 years ago we allegedly put a man on the moon and brought him back safely, but we can't dig up a simple feat like determining his place of origin? Never let a perfectly good lie get in the way of facts. My avatar will check with the manager just to confirm.

• Agree Agree x 1