Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

trump lies a lot - up to 10,000

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Jan 22, 2019.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I think the El Paso rally is going to be a treasure trove of trump lies. trump just can't help himself. He's a pathological lier and he's found a group of people who who will believe any BS he shovels their way. He can't stand that Beto's rally drew as many, or more people than trump's rally, so he has to start lying about it.

btw...I wonder how many millions another trump rally cost us taxpayers?

President Donald Trump told the crowd at his rally in El Paso, Texas, on Monday that he got special permission from the El Paso Fire Department to let 10,000 people inside the El Paso County Coliseum.

El Paso Fire Department spokesman Enrique D. Aguilar told The El Paso Times that not only did the fire department not give Trump special permission, but the Coliseum had about 6,500 people in it during the president’s rally. Aguilar says that number was at capacity and well within its standard allowance.

The spokesman added that “it might be 10,000 with the people outside” total, but the fire department didn’t track the number of people outside the venue. While the number Trump quoted about his attendees might not have been far off, he blatantly lied that he got special permission, according to Aguilar.

“Now the arena holds 8,000,” said Trump, during the rally. “And thank you, fire department. They got in about 10,000. Thank you, fire department. Appreciate it.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    More evidence that there is absolutely nothing he won't lie about. Nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Who are you going to believe trump or the facts from the FBI?

I heard the same thing from the fake news. They said, “Oh, crime actually stayed the same.” It didn’t stay the same. It went way down. And look at what they did to their past crimes, and look at how they recorded those past crimes. It went way, way down.

- trump, El Paso rally, 2/12/19

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump disdains the truth compulsively.

Have to wonder if there isn't some kind of psychological disorder at play here, because its just constant regardless of topic or any possible value of the lie being told.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    I think it has to be.
    But the more disturbing fact for our country is the number of Americans who believe him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Trump spoke to the Conservative Political Action Conference Saturday, but apparently spent little time on the issues. Instead, he spent much of his time trying to convince the conservative audience that, two years ago, he really did have a huge crowd at his inauguration.
    And just to make it clear he wasn't pandering or anything and that he's, you know, a super patriot, he gave the flag a really big hug:
    [​IMG]

Trump Fixates On Crowd Size, Skims Over Big Issues In 2 Hour CPAC Speech

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
  10. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    FB_IMG_1551583023477.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If all the accusations against President Trump were true he'd dang near qualify to be a Democrat!

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    For most of his life, he was a Democrat. Until he realized he needed a base that was stupid enough to be conned by him.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    btw...I've read that was the longest Presidential speech ever. Go ahead and listen to it...we've got a gem for posterity there.

President Trump has made 9,014 false or misleading claims over 773 days

Powered by his two-hour stemwinder at the Conservative Political Action Conference on March 2 — which featured more than 100 false or misleading claims — President Trump is on pace to exceed his daily quota set during his first two years in office.

The president averaged nearly 5.9 false or misleading claims a day in his first year in office. He hit nearly 16.5 a day in his second year. So far in 2019, he’s averaging nearly 22 claims a day.

As of the end of March 3, the 773rd day of his term in office, Trump accumulated 9,014 fishy claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

Trump’s performance at CPAC is emblematic of his version of the truth during his presidency — a potent mix of exaggerated numbers, unwarranted boasting and outright falsehoods. His speech helped push March 3 to his fourth-biggest day for false or misleading claims, totaling 104.

14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    [​IMG]

15. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    He'll lie about anything and everything. Even lies are easily debunked and don't really accomplish anything.

Trump claims he coined the nickname ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis

President Donald Trump incorrectly claimed to have coined former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ well-known “Mad Dog” nickname because “Chaos” was not a good enough one for the four-star Marine Corps general.

“Just like I did with Mattis,” he said. “I said we’re going to give you a new nickname, because ‘Chaos’ is not a good nickname. So we changed it to ‘Mad Dog.’

But news reports referred to Mattis by the moniker — which he has publicly said he does not like — as far back as 2004, when he was commanding general of the 1st Marine Division.

"That nickname was given to me by the press, and some of you may have experienced similar occasions with the press where perhaps they didn't get it quite right," Mattis said during his testimony, according to CNN.

16. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Some folks, when given the choice between the lie and the truth, even when the truth works perfectly well, still opt for the lie. That's who they are, how they're wired. It seems to work for them.

17. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    trump likes to brag. Given the option between the press coining a nickname for a general and trump coining it, he wants to take credit, even though taking credit really does nothing for him. It's a simple, petty, power play, "I'm so powerful that I can give generals nicknames and they stick!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Why? The lie is a bigger problem then the flub. I just don't get it. I guess he figures the majority of his base is unable to look up the video for some reason.

Scoop: Trump lied to RNC donors about "Tim Apple" video

Republican donors in attendance called it one of Trump's weirdest lies ever. On Friday night, under a tent erected over the pool at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, President Trump claimed the media were spreading "fake news" when they said he called the CEO of Apple "Tim Apple."

Trump told the donors that he actually said "Tim Cook Apple" really fast, and the "Cook" part of the sentence was soft. But all you heard from the "fake news," he said, was "Tim Apple."

Two donors who were there told me they couldn't understand why the president would make such a claim given the whole thing is captured on video. Nobody cared, they said, and Tim Cook took it in good humor by changing his Twitter profile to Tim Apple.

19. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The Emperor has no clothes.

20. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    Except that Patrick Moore didn't co-found Greenpeace ...

• Agree Agree x 1