Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump Is Going to Cheat

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by PITBOSS, Feb 19, 2020.

1. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Realistically, beating the spawn of satan should be a cake walk. :p

2. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    They shut up an actual billionaire last night. Might be easier to shut up one who merely claims to be a billionaire.

3. Kirby

Kirby GC Legend

Sep 14, 2009
    Rocket City
    Save your money because it ain’t happening! It is going to be a landslide

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    When one "drains the swamp" by dumping barrels of toxic Drano® landslides are probably common.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I just had my morning landslide. I feel so much better. Or was it landmine, GRU will let me know. :eek::D Bring on the day!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    don't forget to flush 15 times

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You sound like the righties who had convinced themselves that Obama was going to figure out a way to stay in office.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Cite them. Let's look at the difference.

9. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    True... but Trump has already engaged in campaign finance fraud, extorting allies to dig dirt on political rivals, welcoming foreign interference (and requesting it, multiple times), and messing with the census (or just attempting?). And Pubs have widely been engaged in very successful voter suppression and gerrymandering actions. Everything he cited is real.

After nothing has happened to Trump from the Mueller report and now from impeachment, he is full bore doing whatever he feels like doing. So more cheating is a guarantee. It's just what he does.

The stuff about Obama was mostly if not all complete fabrication. Obama was just an appealing candidate to a lot of people, and he got enough folks out to vote. There are no credible allegations I've ever seen of him doing any of that stuff. Never mind doing all of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

You want me to cite posts from 5 years ago that have long since been deleted?

Even IF that is all true. (IF) That doesnt mean that good honest American people are going to be ok with our side stealing an election, any more than good honest democrats would have been ok with a... Chicago ...politician stealing an...oh wait. ;).

I kid, but I think you see my point. Both sides have dishonest people, but not enough dishonest people.

11. nolancarey

Aug 16, 2009
    Didn't realize it was just on here. Thought you meant in general.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2020
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Tiny "Boop Squig" Shorterly Premium Member

I thought the whole lore of the anti-Christ thing was that he (or she?) would be quite popular and have a devoted following. Satan is cool, after all.

13. tilly

It wasn't just here. It was on Facebook too. That's how I knew it was true!.:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. tilly

...FYI, I edited your post, but only because it was all in the quote box for some reason. Didn't want you to see the edit and think it was a content thing.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Has no one mentioned hackable electronic voting machines? They are tailor-made for cheating. I would think that anyone in political power and with millions or billions of dollars could easily make enough machines go awry.

I distinctly remember the owner of a voting machine company stating in 2004 that he would do all he could to see that Bush got reelected. What a comforting thing for him to say.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    I mean, you're already okay with all of the cheating that has already occurred. Why should anyone think that the next thing he does will be the great shocking occasion that causes your party to turn against Trump? It doesn't work that way. To quote history again:

But the one great shocking occasion, when tens or hundreds or thousands will join with you, never comes. That’s the difficulty. If the last and worst act of the whole regime had come immediately after the first and smallest, thousands, yes, millions would have been sufficiently shocked—if, let us say, the gassing of the Jews in ’43 had come immediately after the ‘German Firm’ stickers on the windows of non-Jewish shops in ’33. But of course this isn’t the way it happens. In between come all the hundreds of little steps, some of them imperceptible, each of them preparing you not to be shocked by the next. Step C is not so much worse than Step B, and, if you did not make a stand at Step B, why should you at Step C? And so on to Step D.​

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. NavyGator93

NavyGator93 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2015
    Georgia
    Thought this was going to be post about trump hooking up with future wife #4 (or #5, lost track).

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually, I think we are so bitterly partisan right now, that a whole bunch of Americans, and likely a majority of Americans would be ok with "whatever it takes" as long as their side wins.

Trump supporters have already demonstrated that en masse, and supported their Senators as they colluded with Trump to protect him.

I think a whole bunch of people against Trump feel just as strongly that he needs to be removed. Whatever it takes. Because he is that bad for the country. But in lowering their standards to Trump's level, they're just as bad. And Trump "wins" by dragging the whole country down to his level.

These are ugly days for this young nation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I wouldn't bet the farm just yet, but the Dem field is a mess.
    If it goes to a brokered convention, the Sanders wing isn't going to do crap if Sanders doesn't get the nod.
    The hate for Trump is great but there are a lot of far left Dems who will just take their toys(votes) and go home.

20. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Nixon won in 72'.
    Nixon lost support in large part because he was pulling out of Nam and the MIC and the Hawks weren't going to back him. (That's why he resigned).

• Disagree Disagree x 1