Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump Family hit with civil RICO suit this AM....

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by sovietgator, Oct 29, 2018.

1. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess if you're going to drain the swamp, having that insider experience on how it gets filled is the way to go.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Strange that a "brilliant businessman" would need to resort to just about every form of financial scam imaginable to man to make money: the pyramid scheme, the fake school (or schools), lying to investors about real estate projects, tax evasion, money laundering, "vitamin" sales, etc. Almost as if the Trump organization was just a giant clearinghouse for white collar criminals looking to slap a brand name on their scheme, but needed a brand name that wouldn't ask too many questions.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Said it before, Donald Trump is the greatest con artist in American history and eventually even a lot of his current supporters will find out the hard way that they've been conned, not unlike the "students" of Trump University or the creditors, employees or lenders who have been stiffed by the Donald.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    DT is the PT Barnum of his day, x 100.

He's never done anything, not a single thing, that wasn't motivated either by self promotion or self enrichment. Period.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The thing is: he isn't. He is incredibly sloppy. His schemes lack strategic skill. That is why he largely outsourced them to others and just slapped his name on it.

It is relatively easy to con those that want to be conned. That was his innovation getting into politics. He found a group of people that were scared and wanted to believe that the world could go back to how it used to be. Then he just made them flimsy promises that it would and took advantage of partisanship to get him the rest of the way after winning the primary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    He also out gunned HRC's campaign team on the EC strategy. Severely kicked her ass there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Definitely. Hillary has a long history of not hiring the best campaign folks. Her 2008 strategy against Obama was laughably bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    And she's one of the biggest reasons Trump is president right now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Exactly. She didn't visit Wisconsin once since the Democratic primary in that state; took Michigan for granted visiting very few times; and in Pennsylvania focused on flipping Republican women in the Philadelphia suburbs while completely ignoring blue collar workers in the rest of the state. Probably also made the same mistake in Michigan. Also, failed to mobilize Obama voters (young and minority). If turnout among those voters was the same as it was in 2012 she would have carried both Michigan and PA. Also wasted time and assets trying to flip GA, AZ and NC. Anecdotal, I got multiple calls from live callers on behalf of Obama in 2012 and 2008. Didn't get a single one from the Clinton campaign in 2016, maybe not necessary since she did carry VA although by a relatively small margin.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    That and,

46.9% Didn’t Vote
    25.6% Voted Hillary
    25.5% Voted Trump
    1.7% Voted Johnson

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Yep, Did Not Vote would have won in a landslide victory

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 All American

Nov 26, 2017
    Yes the EC went to trump. Not that he had such a great strategy. IMO it was the Democratic voter overconfidence. They looked at trump and thought there was no way in hell he could win. So too many Hillary voters just stayed home. Big mistake.
    And of course Hillary garnered almost 3 million move individual votes than trump. And while that matters not in the outcome, it does prove to me that if more folks who wanted to vote for Hillary but got lazy about it, got off their asses and went to the polls she probably would have won.

trump won three key states by a total of 80,000 votes.
    Folks need to remember this when they feel their vote simply doesn't matter since it's only one vote.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013
    My Mom was a great saleswoman and she was the biggest sucker too, she always said salespeople are some of the easiest targets. Anyhow, she was always looking for some way to make money in her own gig, she came to me with one of those MLM “opportunities”. The South Florida group on this one was a bunch of ex-trump university guys. Always checked to se3 if my wallet was still there after meeting with them. They were slimy. She was so into this and I love my mom very much, she passed a few years ago, I got involved checkin* it out for her. It was a localized digital ad offer. Their whole selling point was they were tricking and bypassing googles algorithms, supposedly. I kept telling them that basing your business model on loopholes in the big boys tech is dumb and google will be doing it soon. The founder of this nonsense had prior RICO cases and I gradually un-sold my mother on this dumb business. They were gone within a year or so. I wasn’t I,pressed with the Trump guys, they didn’t have very nice things to say about Trumps program either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You can't change the scoring without expecting the game to change. I would imagine in a state like California, more Trump voters stayed home than Hillary voters. With a "why bother?" mentality. People love to vote "correctly" so fewer Hillary voters would have stayed home, in my opinion.

But again, if you change scoring, expect the campaigning to change. You can't evaluate the same situation based on a hypothetical scoring change without considering the ramifications of such a change (mostly speculation).

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits

Yep, I was one of the 1.7%. No way in hell I was voting for either DT or Hillary.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. grumpygator77

grumpygator77 All American

Nov 26, 2017
    That IMO is the problem. Most took it to be voting for a person. Not voting for a President.
    I voted for the person I thought would make the best President-- the person who had the most experience, intelligence, and knowledge to be successful at the job.
    Not everybody did.

18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I voted for Clinton. Didn't particularly like her, would have preferred John Kasich but thought she was the lesser of two evils. Even though I didn't vote for him I was hoping Trump would grow into the office. Sadly he has diminished the presidency in a manner unlike any of his predecessors. While I realize that it's a personal decision, by not voting for either of the major candidates you have, in effect, sent the message that either was equally acceptable. In my opinion one was far less acceptable than the other and unfortunately for the country my opinion has been confirmed.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Me too. Voted Johnson and I'm happy with that given the alternatives.

I hope if Trump is still in office during the next election the Dems don't make me vote third party again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I say this with the most level headed words available but I don't think that Trump supporters by a great margin would recognize being conned if it hit them in the face. To those of you that have financial investments and are looking out for yourself then I understand but for the rest I just can't sit back any longer and listen to the garbage.
    Case in point. Trump has literally called media liars at every turn. Trump speaks of minorities or non whites as second class people at every turn. Trump is literally destroying America by EO by ripping apart well intentioned and meaningful legislations. Trump lies worse than a Saturday night drunk and does this every single day. So when it comes to characterizing a group of people I truly do not have any faith that his so called "base" gives a crap about anything other than what their grandparents told them about how life is supposed to be in America. I truly feel that the majority of Trump support are narrow minded and do not see themselves being part of a global community. I also think that Trump has given many an opportunity to feel right about being wrong.
    By the way, I voted and it is blue across the board. I have never done that before but no way was I going to be responsible even partly for continuing this mockery of life that is going on. Am looking forward to a much better and more positive life again in America.

• Winner Winner x 3