Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Trump embarks on expansive search for disloyalty as administration-wide purge escalates

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Feb 24, 2020.

1. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    If you listen closely you can almost hear jack boots goose-stepping down the slippery slope to totalitarianism. One party, our party, all others will be punished.

Trump embarks on expansive search for disloyalty as administration-wide purge escalates
    President Trump has instructed his White House to identify and force out officials across his administration who are not seen as sufficiently loyal, a post-impeachment escalation that administration officials say reflects a new phase of a campaign of retribution and restructuring ahead of the November election.

Johnny McEntee, Trump’s former personal aide who now leads the effort as director of presidential personnel, has begun combing through various agencies with a mandate from the president to oust or sideline political appointees who have not proved their loyalty, according to several administration officials and others familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

We want bad people out of our government!” Trump tweeted Feb. 13, kicking off a tumultuous stretch of firings, resignations, controversial appointments and private skirmishes that have since spilled into public view.
    John C. Rood, the official in charge of Defense Department policy who had certified that Ukraine had met anti-corruption obligations, was let go this week. Victoria Coates, the deputy national security adviser who was viewed with suspicion by some White House aides, was removed from her post and was moved to an advisory position in the Energy Department.

Exclusive: Trump's "Deep State" hit list - Axios
    Driving the news: By the time President Trump instructed his 29-year-old former body man and new head of presidential personnel to rid his government of anti-Trump officials, he'd gathered reams of material to support his suspicions.
    • A well-connected network of conservative activists with close ties to Trump and top administration officials is quietly helping develop these "Never Trump"/pro-Trump lists, and some sent memos to Trump to shape his views, per sources with direct knowledge.
    • Members of this network include Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, and Republican Senate staffer Barbara Ledeen.

Supreme Court justice's wife leading effort to purge officials 'disloyal' to Trump

A group of pro-Trump activists led by Ginni Thomas has reportedly compiled lists of “disloyal” government officials it wants sacked.

It is alleged that Ms Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, is part of a network of conservative activists called Groundswell, which has close ties to Trump and senior administration officials.

Detailed memos are said to have been assembled by the group over the past 18 months.

Citing a source close to her, US news website Axios reports that Ms Thomas has passed the group’s recommendations on to Donald Trump

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Florida/North Carolina
    I agree 100%, but those in jackboots now, like those before them, will die with those boots on. They have their nefarious cause to destroy America.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Remembers back when Cons accused Comey of lying when he said Trump wanted a loyalty oath? Man, that seems like so long ago.

Whichever dem wins in 2020 should fire everyone Trump hired on day one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    In hind site had Trump done the same he would have been far better off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He's fired every competent person he's hired, does that count?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    All the best people. ;)

Maybe he can make me the Secretary of Defense if I pledge my undying loyalty to Col. Klink.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    So....how is that any different then? Are you saying a Democrat goose stepper is preferable to a Republican? Also, I know many bosses that if you go behind their back and derail their agenda will want you to look elsewhere for a job. Trump just spent 3+ years dealing with backstabbers who didn't give him an inch since Nov 7th, 2016. Like I said many times before, had Obama dealt with that crap from the conservatives, he would have quit by March 2009.

When Trump orders the execution of aides then we have a major issue, but that won't happen, not even close. Firing insubordinates who are head winds into his agenda is nothing more than a HBC weeding out the chafe on his football team. I seriously doubt Mullen would keep coaches on his team who not only root for Georgia, but go out of their way to sabotage the UF program.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are trying to play off the crime of "Obstruction of Justice" as "derailing his agenda" ... don't know what to say. It's just sad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. carpeveritas

carpeveritas All American

Dec 31, 2016
    So now it's jack boots? Resignations and reassignments oh my oh my. How on earth will the government ever function?

Yes the article goes through and names people who have either lost their jobs or have been reassigned. So what. Now we have a source or sources who wish to remain anonymous telling us yet another tale of woe. Not one scintilla of evidence or documentation to support the claim of the proclaimed gestapo tactics. Other than the fact so and so no longer works here so they must have been on a hit list.

Given it is the President's and his administration's prerogative to hire, fire and reassign personnel I personally don't see the issue everyone is complaining about. Here's a question for everyone. Do you think if Bernie Sanders or if any one of the Democratic candidates get elected as president they will rehire or reassign those that have lost their positions to the same jobs they had before? I doubt it. Yet given the dust up and howling concerning these people they are the cream of the crop and no other will do. Hog wash.

The one failing of President Trump is he didn't clean house to start with. Call it political savvy. One thing for sure President Trump has learned the lesson well and you can bet if re-elected more house cleaning is in order.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    What do you think of the idea of employees denouncing other employees? Is that a healthy thing?

• Like Like x 2
  11. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Two major points.

1. A TON of the people he is "cleaning house" on are his own people. And many of them have publicly spoken out on how dangerously ill informed he is and uninterested in the information required to do his job.

2. In any organization, if you just clean house on the people with the experience, knowledge, aptitude and willingness to do the job, and replace them with yes men that have none of those qualities you are going to destroy the ability of that organization to function effectively. That appears to be what's in process here with the executive branch of our government.

It is his prerogative to do this as you point out.

We elected this multiple bankruptcy carnival barker, so we deserve what we're getting as he decimates our govt.

And Putin keeps on winning.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    I'm not sure what it is your asking perhaps you can expand on the question at hand.

13. carpeveritas

Dec 31, 2016
    Key point it is President Trump's prerogative. Always make it sound worse than it is. Given the total number of federal employees you call it a ton I call it a pittance. Further more you didn't even address the question I asked.

14. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    So all of a sudden the potus isn't allowed to have people around him he feels are less likely to stab him in the back? And he won't be around much longer anyway, right?

15. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Hall of Fame

Nov 3, 2013
    About time to purge most of these Never Trumper coup plotters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    :D:D:D:D:D

Sorry, the nonsense is off the charts. Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles are LTAO. Just go ahead and open the vault and have the greeter direct the robbers to said vault. Those that have not done business with folks like this do not have the requisite understanding about the current operations in WDC. It's not their fault, however, more people need to pay attention. We can learn when we open our minds. If we accept the concept of "He said it, I believe it, and that settles it", bad things happen. I'd like to think we're better than that. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    It appears it's not just White House staff they're talking about purging. What do you think, make mail carriers sign loyalty oaths to Trump? Check the social media accounts of every federal employee to make sure they never say anything negative about him?

White House spokesperson confirms Trump is purging people: 'If we find them, we'll take appropriate action'

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    "Give me my number or I'll find someone who will". "I don't want to hear about the labor pains, just show me the baby". "Data don't matta". "Nobody has gone to jail for RE fraud". "I'm looking for an 'optimistic appraser', not a 'conservative' appraiser". "Everybody knows real estate ALWAYS goes up GK!!" "My uncle's cousin's son-in law bought a house 5 years ago and he says you're full of sh**". "Those people should have known they can't afford those mortgage payments".

I have heard all of the above, spanning decades, including clients and family members. I wish I were lying. But some folks slurp that garbage up as if their lives depnended on it.

Stupidity knows no bounds. Or more appropriately, deception and misleading knows no bounds, especially when there are big time fees and commissions involved. Right Seargent?

19. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    He is making a list of EVERYONE based purely on a loyalty test... which means anyone who has the integrity to report dangerous and/or criminal actions will be removed, if Trump has his way.

I don't know the numbers, but one would hope that means a pretty high percentage of professionals are targets of Trump's purge, because they are willing to stand up for our country and what's right.

The folks remaining will be either unqualified Yes men like the new acting DNI, or people too fearful of the purge to do their jobs right. There will likely be more leaking now as people feel that is the only way to get important information out to the public. And Trump sycophants will continue to decry the deep state when they should be looking at the true source of the problems.

This is a truly destructive policy by Trump. It will do years of harm to our country if carried out as he is directing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. OaktownGator

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean less likely to report his criminal and traitorous actions? Or his ill informed actions that damage our country?

Because that's who he is going after.

• Winner Winner x 1