Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump and Impending Catastrophe--Mt Rushmore Edition

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by dynogator, Jun 25, 2020.

1. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump is headlining fireworks at Mount Rushmore. Experts worry two things could spread: virus and wildfire.

"President Trump is planning a massive fireworks display at Mount Rushmore on July 3, despite a decade-long ban on pyrotechnics at the iconic spot because of concerns about public health, environmental and safety risks."

You lost him at "public health, environmental and safety risks."

Reasons NOT to hold fireworks at Mt. Rushmore:
    1. Danger of igniting wildfires under drought conditions
    2. Spread of Coronavirus.
    3. Emergency evacuation issues. There's a 2 lane road in and out. I'd take any crowd estimate with a salt shaker, but there'll be enough in attendance to make a hasty exit impossible.
    4. The park will be closed to everyone else for the day. Sucks for you if you drove to South Dakota for the holiday, just to see guards taking tickets at the gate
    5. Fireworks release a toxic chemical called perchlorate, which was found years ago to pollute the water around Mt Rushmore, and therefore the visitors drinking water.

Bill Gabbert, National Park Service Fire Manager Officer: "I think it's insane to explode fireworks over flammable material and ponderosa pine vegetation."

Reasons TO have fireworks at Mt Rushmore:
    1. Trump wants to hold another lavish rally at taxpayer expense. All concerns other than his wish gratification aren't even on his radar. "What can burn? It's stone." Signed, Donald "Marie Antoinette" Trump

This is 2020, the year of "if it can go crisis, it will." Trump should hold a small ceremony in the Rose Garden, with sparklers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/06/24/trump-mount-rushmore-fireworks/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Is this a joke?

3. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    upload_2020-6-25_8-41-28.gif

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. GatorGuyDallas

GatorGuyDallas VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Plano, Texas
    Unfortunately the joke is on us. The plan is serious.

5. dynogator

Apr 9, 2007
    Unfortunately, no. Trump is working hard to top his last disaster of a rally in Tulsa. Burning down a national forest should do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. dynogator

Apr 9, 2007
    My daughter hopes Lincoln's nose falls on Trump.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No joke. Trump doesn't kid.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  8. dynogator

Apr 9, 2007
    The joke of a president doesn't kid. Seems about right.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You guys are missing the point. He has had his eyes opened and It's his way to tear down the monument!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Are you saying Trump’s woke???

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I was literally gonna post that, but did not want to steal Lacuna's thunder. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That helps us make some decisions. We weren't sure if we were going to the Grand Canyon or to Rushmore in a few weeks. Grand Canyon shuttles are closed and I love Rushmore's closing ceremony, but that is going to make a mess of things for the days before and after, so we'll go south.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dynogator

Apr 9, 2007
    This doesn't seem ominous, at all:

CUSTER, S.D. (AP) — South Dakota is bringing in more resources to fight a wildfire that burned Thursday near Mount Rushmore ahead of next week's visit to the monument by President Donald Trump for Independence Day celebrations.

The fire that started in Custer State Park on Wednesday has burned an estimated 150 acres (61 hectares) about 6 miles (10 kilometers) south of the 79-year-old stone monument.

Gov. Kristi Noem's spokesman, Ian Fury, said South Dakota Wildland Fire Division is leading a multi-state, multi-agency effort to fight the forest fire, the Rapid City Journal reported.

The governor said they were "hoping for rain," next week, and would cancel if need be. I hope she's prepared to rain on Trump's star-spangled parade (or rally, as the case may be.)

("Ian Fury" is the coolest name, ever.)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    At this point, the Democratic Party leadership should cancel the debates, take Biden away somewhere and stuff a sock in his mouth and keep him off all social media and traditional media until after the election. The ONLY was he loses is if he opens his mouth. Literally. His entire campaign should be to sit in a chair with a Tee-Shirt that says : At Least I am Not Trump. He would win in a landslide and we could all move on from this 4 year disaster.

As for Mt. Rushmore and all of this other stuff, it is like Nero (and with the wild fires it is symbolically accurate). Trump sitting around enjoying the fireworks as his country burns (literally with wild fires and figuratively with Corona Virus).

Yet....WE elected him....and deserve everything we get!!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Atta girl...teach her to hate!

:rolleyes:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Irony. I'll keep this in mind the next time you rant about "neo-progs," a term meant to convey contempt that it appears you made up to specifically communicate your hatreds, or people in liberal cities or just about any other group that you don't like.

• Agree x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  17. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    I wonder if Trump and his staff have daily meetings: "OK, what's the most irresponsible thing we can do today? Anyone?"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    ...or mayhaps save your wad for when I boast of indoctrinating my kids to hate neo-progs, and *BOAST OF MY KIDS* hoping a neo-prog gets sqwush with gigantic piece of mountain...

(man, y'all suck with analogies....).

FYI: if such a notion came out of any of my kids' mouths, about any democrat, libby, neo-prog, or what have you, really any human being, they'd know to expect a severe correction from their grumpy ol' man. They would correctly not expect me to boast of such, anywhere.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. nolancarey

nolancarey GC Hall of Fame

Aug 16, 2009
    Better start raking the forest now.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    It's too bad things in Navajo nation are so bad. Canyon De Chelly is so cool.

• Agree Agree x 3