Welcome home, fellow Gator

...to the Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trump administration says North Korea violates sanctions, urges halt to oil transfers

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by fastsix, Jul 13, 2018 at 3:29 PM.

1. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I'm beginning to wonder if we can trust these guys on the whole denuclearization thing. I thought since Kim and trump had such a great relationship now, this type of stuff wouldn't happen, but it seems Kim isn't quite the honest, trustworthy guy his best bud trump thinks he is.

Trump administration says North Korea violates sanctions, urges halt to oil transfers

The Trump administration shot back at North Korea on Thursday, sending evidence to a U.N. committee showing that North Korea "breached" U.N. sanctions by surpassing the annual cap for refined petroleum products, documents obtained by CBS News reveal.

The report sent to the sanctions committee included a chart of North Korea tanker deliveries of refined petroleum products delivered to Kim Jong Un's government between Jan. 1 – May 20, 2018 and gave estimates that could have been up to 1.4 million barrels if the vessels were 90 percent laden, illustrating the breach of the 500,000 barrel cap established by U.N. sanctions.

The U.S. attempt to enforce existing sanctions comes as a senator on the Intelligence Committee asked for a U.S. intelligence assessment as to whether North Korean actions regarding denuclearization are consistent with the Trump administration's claims.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Mission Accomplished! If the mission was to make Trump look incompetent.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. Minister_of_Information

Minister_of_Information Swimmin with bowlegged women Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The Orca
    Um, guys? We've always said the sanctions stay until the denuclearization process is complete. Just for the record.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know you're just kidding, or course we CANNOT trust them... I say put more sanctions on them right now, and all the Chinese companies that are dealing with them too.

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I assume that with such an otherwise baffling statement you are being very facetious. Who besides our idiot president would possibly think that Kim Jong Un is an "honest, trustworthy guy"? Trump of course thinks so because Kim shook the great hand of the great Donald Trump, bestowing immediate, new-found greatness on Kim himself, the benefactor of such "great chemistry" with His Greatness. The only real chemistry that came out of Kim and Trump could be found in Singapore toilet bowls.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I worry so much less over NK than I do Trump. This stage show that everyone is taking as a factual accounting just amazes. Every move has been orchestrated to the point that the public is being handfed a script and eating it up as if it were real. NO proof has been given that they even have nukes and if they did then the people that we should be dealing with are either Russia or China!! Because NK could never build a nuke program without massive amounts of money of which they do not have!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gatormb

Gatormb GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    What?

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea conducted its fifth underground nuclear test on Friday, its government said, despite threats of more sanctions from the United States and the United Nations. The latest test, according to South Korean officials, produced a more powerful explosive yield than the North’s previous detonations, indicating that the country was making progress in its efforts to build a functional nuclear warhead.

The test confirmed the explosive power and other characteristics of a “nuclear warhead that has been standardized to be able to be mounted on” its ballistic missiles, the North’s nuclear weapons institute said in a statement on Friday.

A statement from the South Korean military also said that an artificial tremor, registered as magnitude 5, had originated from Punggye-ri in northeastern North Korea, where the North has conducted its four previous underground nuclear tests.

North Korea Tests a Mightier Nuclear Bomb, Raising Tension

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Kim Jung Un really has been very open. I think very honorable, from everything we're seeing. He is a very talented leader.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Haters are going to hate.

You’re trying to develop a relationship with someone. What’s so wrong about saying “hey, I like your hair”? Now, when that person stands you up and is seen in a bar with someone else; then, there’s equally nothing wrong with saying the equivalent of “hey, you’re being a jerk.”

Trump will be ridiculed and lampooned no matter what he does. For instance, he was smart to call out Germany about having a pipeline with Russia (compared to France that uses nuclear power for 70% of its energy) and then have Germany expect us to pay the majority bill for NATO. I know the Western Europeans and East Coast intelligentsia are apalled at his comments; but, he’s 100% correct and this needs to change.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Contrary to Trump's statement Germany gets a relatively small percentage of its energy from Russian natural gas. The 70% is probably a number that he pulled out of the air.
    [​IMG]
    From another article
    [quote]Reality Check verdict:Germany relies on Russia for most of its imports of natural gas. But gas makes up less than 20% of Germany's energy mix for power production.[/quote]
    Reality Check: Trump's row with Germany over Russian gas

11. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Deflection. He declared “victory” on Twitter. This board freaked out over a Iran deal that had some teeth. The only teeth this NK situation has was crocodile smiles by The Koreans. This was an epic fail. Trump won’t run for re-election.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Reality Check: Trump's row with Germany over Russian gas[/QUOTE]

I believe you misread my post. Is it possible some Trump bias could have caused a prolific poster to read what he wanted to read? “The eyes look but the brain sees.”
    I said FRANCE gets 70% of their energy from nuclear power (and therefore doesn’t have to suck up to Russia) compared to Germany.

Nuclear Power in France | French Nuclear Energy - World Nuclear Association

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  13. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Whoa. You’ve got it all solved in one short post. I know, I know.... we cannot comment on what Mueller is doing because “we don’t know;” but, we can all wax on and on about Trump’s “failure” with NK because we know everything that went on....Oh, wait...:rolleyes:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It was Trump that said Germany gets 60-70% of their energy from Russia. He probably meant that Germany gets 60-70% of their natural gas from Russia, and natural gas makes up about 15% of their energy consumption, so that would make it so they get about 10% of their energy from Russia... if my assumptions about Trump ...err, misspeaking.... are correct.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Are you saying that Trump is capable of getting things right? Most people are, and you know the old saying about a broken clock. "Trump will be ridiculed and lampooned no matter what he does" not because he can't get things right but because as a human being he is so horribly wrong.

16. GatorFanCF

Apr 14, 2007
    Trump is a New Yorker. A BIG, BRASH, in your freakin’ face New Yorker who believes the sun sets on his Orange hair and the world can take a flyin’ leap. I went to school with a bunch of ‘em. So, we’ve got a bull (and BSer) in the proverbial china shop of the Presidency and we can select every tweet, and videos from 10+ years ago and dissect the man and say “whoa is me;” or, we can figure out how the country can get better while he’s President and work toward that goal.

I don’t mind legitimate criticism of his WORK - it’s the ongoing, relentless intellectual flogging of his every breath that gets onerous and will result in his reelection.

17. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    So if you are a New Yorker is it safe to say you are a BSer and this post is BS?

18. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump is doing what he said he would on the campaign trail. Because of these promises on the campaign trail he was elected President of the U S by 32 states which is how we elect our President. Now I realize people are not use to politicians keeping their promises after they get to Washington but President Trump is doing his best to keep them. The liberal Democrat party had a fair chance to run a qualified person to oppose him but you choose not to. Instead you ran a thief , a liar, a scumbag, a person with more baggage than a bellhop at the Astoria Hotel could tote. She broke every rule in the book to get the Democrat nomination even rigged the Democrat primary's against Bernie deleted 30,000 emails called her opponents supporters basket of deplorables" "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic - you name it". She then made fun of the email scandal when she was asked if she wiped her server clean with a smart ass remark "you mean like with a rag" No Trump did not need any help to beat the sorry piece of trash Hell she could not even defeat a community organizer. But now liberals want to blame the Russians Get a life liberals you had a chance and you blew not the Russians

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. diehardgator1

diehardgator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He is already getting this country right but liberals or to dam jealous of his accomplishments to give him credit for them. Even Obama doubts himself now "

WASHINGTON — Riding in a motorcade in Lima, Peru, shortly after the 2016 election, President Barack Obama was struggling to understand Donald J. Trump’s victory.

“What if we were wrong?” he asked aides riding with him in the armored presidential limousine.

He had read a column asserting that liberals had forgotten how important identity was to people and had promoted an empty cosmopolitan globalism that made many feel left behind. “Maybe we pushed too far,” Mr. Obama said.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, it's Obama's and Hillary's fault that Trump is a flaming New York BSer who on top of that is a vile and self-consumed narcissist. Trump ought to sue them for doing this to any human being.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1