Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trouble in UK NIL Paradise

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by plantado, Mar 26, 2024.

1. plantado

plantado Freshman

Dec 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dailydoublecat

dailydoublecat Respected Rival

Apr 8, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    That is the least of our problems! We have too many to discuss and Calipari is back again. I may have to sit next year out, however my fandom is bigger than one person but it continues to wane.

3. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Off topic a bit but the further we go down this NIL rabbit hole the worse it gets.

I miss the days when the storylines for college athletics were primarily related to the sport (excepting bad behavior of course), these days it's all NIL, transfer portal or conference realignment.

SMH

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Anyone with a depth problem or in need of another starter just needs to offer a kid NIL in the upcoming portal. Already bad when the Gator transfers to Ole Miss, FSU and UGA all say they left because they were not being developed and properly coached at UF. Talked about the S&C program being better, being coached harder, …. Those these kids played with last year and HS recruits are hearing these things. No first round draft choices hurts as well.

5. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Regarding those recent Josh Pate videos of Spring the Spring transfer Portal - I mean, coaches could lose huge depth pieces, the cohesivness of practice,
    maybe even have to scrap certain plans for the fall.

I know these guys are paid millions but I almost feel a scrap of sympathy for them.