Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trio of Gators On SEC's All Decade Team

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by gatorjjh, Dec 20, 2019.

1. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    TwitterChallenged?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Ill come up with a team in 30 seconds that would sweep those guys... Im pitching Mize every game though...;) But seriously, I don't think any of those on my 1st team,,ad no, other than Mize(1-1 MLB, case closed) no AU guys.

Gausman over Nola for starters,, or are we also using MLB resumes??? wouldn't think so.

Cant stand Dansby Swanson,,but better in college than Bregman(cant stand him either actually..lol)

4. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    No Brady Singer as one of the SP’s on the 2010-2019 SEC All Decade Team???

I’m calling Bullch!t on this roster....but that’s just me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    I don’t know how you don’t have Roth. If you need a game in June, I will take Roth before anyone else.

Preston Tucker is hard to ignore at 1B purely because of RBIs. You want production, the guy generated a massive number of runs.

Zunino has to be the catcher. No one else in the SEC would compare.

As for no Auburn guys, what has Auburn done all decade? One Omaha trip (2019). Zero SEC titles. Outside of Mize (I am sure I am skipping someone else), I can’t think many would even be on the short list.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    The problem with Singer is he only did it one year. His sophomore year was good. His freshman year was mediocre. His junior year was brilliant but he was crushed in Omaha twice admittedly against a very good Arky team.

7. GatorLurker

GatorLurker VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree 100%.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Greg,

I get your valid points on Singer’s CWS track record completely conceding that.

I just read/ interpreted the thread as SEC Decade Team 2010-2019 span and was thinking about dominance/impact in the league.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Wasn't in any way shape or form saying any AU guys should be on there, except Mize(obvious by anyone not this guy..lol) Think Donaldson left in 08.. I can think of a few AU guys I wouldn't of traded for some above(like every AU CF), but Im bias..;) Doubt anyone here could name 1 AU CF so pointless to mention. Maybe Hunter Morris at 1B--
    In 2010 Morris was the SEC Player of the Year and a first team All-American by Baseball America and the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association.

All I was saying is at first glance I had 3 or 4 other option right off top of head,, but Id need to check dates played,, to me 2001 was 4 years ago when it comes to this kind of stuff.. They all just run together.

Not very many Bama or Vols players deserving either(12 vs 30),, coincidence though Im sure.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  10. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    That above to me is more of an All Omaha All Decade SEC team.

Zunino is probably best pick up there,, but Id need to check stats/years of some of those SC(east) catcher, Powell, other ones name I forget.. Reed & Kemp on there is a joke IMO

11. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    AU will trade all decade teams for MLB HoFs, ;) SECs only and only shot at another anytime soon. Huddy,,borderline at best, but the standards now are laughable IMO to get in. Think I choked on my drink when I saw last class.

Of course Raffy should be in. But so should Rose, Bonds, Clemons

12. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    Got to disagree here with ya jhf—

HOF and HOShame are two entirely different categories—

I got nothing for Bonds and Clemons.....but that’s just me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'd add some more pitchers to that list. One SP/one RP seems like an impossible task, but I'd have to put Roth on there, it just seems like he had a better triples allowed to innings pitched ratio than Nola.

Also, do you get a player in their one best year or do you get credit for a longer duration? This topic feels like a human-called strike zone.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Bonds hitting a ball 25 feet further makes zero difference to me.. Im 100% sure nothing he put in his body improved eye-hand coordination. So take away his "wall scraper" HRs.. Still a HoF lock. heck take away his entire SF career ,,still a HoF IMO.

If I saw you play at HoF levels long before any of the witch hunt stuff started. IMO that's a big difference than guys only good after like Sosa, McGuire,,, and those 2 still not HoFers even w/ the proof of taking stuff NOT banned at the time.

15. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Yep good last question... For ex.. If Hunter Morris wins FR of year in 10 & POY in 13 would he of made it,,, or did only his 10 season count?? lol

Anyone else ever won FR of year & POY in SEC? IM sure , just cant think of one off top of head.

16. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    One of the big questions (supposedly, I am no drug expert) is your ability to heal. As I age, new pain appears daily. I don’t recover from a workout like I did 15 years ago. My tendons don’t heal as quickly like they did 15 years ago. There is a reason practically zero sluggers in the game did anything after 35 prior to PEDs. I want to say I read Jimmy Foxx had the most HRs after 35 all-time prior to the most recent explosion.

So while I agree the PEDs didn’t give Bonds that many additional HRs in terms of power, I do think it could have made some more healthy (looking primarily at Clemens, the ageless pitching wonder though Verlander might become that if he doesn’t slow down in a couple years).

17. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Got zero issues wanting to play longer. If all the PEDs did was elongate careers,,zero issues from me. Especially when not banned until after the fact.

18. gtj31

gtj31 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    London, United Kingdom
    It skews stats which are often used to establish HoF credentials. 3000 hits. 500 HRs. 300 wins. Etc. Even WAR is a career summation.

19. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    True,, but still have to produce the numbers in those years. IMo Bonds/Clemons first 10 years of career is HoF worthy. Id rather remove Bonds from HR record book than from HoF. of course if they included post season HRs in all time record, Bonds & Aaron still behind Ruth.

MLB was the last HoF I had respect for , but recent classes, and omissions of guys I know were among best Ive ever seen has put it w/ the rest in my eyes.

20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Your point is my point @jhfxof

If they were having a HOF type career, why cheat?

It just goes back to your principles and how you are raised.....

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1