Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Tre Mann's Final 3

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by tampajack1, May 24, 2018.

1. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    It’s just crazy that with everything that’s went down, this is $till happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. harveyj

harveyj Freshman

Mar 27, 2018
    Curious to know how a kid from Gainesville, whose entire family still lives in Gainesville, ends up at The Villages Charter....

• Like Like x 1
  3. ArtVandelay

ArtVandelay GC Hall of Fame

Dec 19, 2011
    South Florida
    The same way that graduate transfers all of a sudden have an interest in a schools "insert some ridiculous program that they will never pursue".

4. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You think that Kansas can't find mom a local job? LOL

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  5. gator_gary

gator_gary GC Legend

Jun 27, 2007
    Is Mann still committing on the 30th or is he re-opening his recruitment on that day?

6. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops GC Columnist VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    There is no timeline or final 3 right now.
    It is supposedly re-opened and wide open.
    He is, apparently, a big relationship kid.... and white has done well here.
    We will see if that truly does win out or if other forces are at play.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Can y'all answer a few questions?
    What High School did Tre formerly attend?

Is the Villages Charter a big basketball school? Why the transfer?

This handler, is he a well known individual?

When is decision being made?

8. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    The Villages Charter High has been improving the last few years in basketball and has starting getting more interest around the state. Before that I recall many years they struggled. I'm not sure of season records but I never heard of them having any great years. The Villages Charter Schools were all started by the owners of The Villages (The Morse Family) to support the massive retirement community that it's in. Makes me wonder if the handler had "connections" with their coach to keep his player at a very nice school, newer facilities, in North Central Florida without mixing him into a private school. FYI The Villages schools are perhaps the nicest charter school in Florida and President Bush (W) gave a speech there some years ago to tout the Charter Schools approach to education.
    To answer your second question, The Villages Charter is not a big basketball school but Tre Mann has helped put them on the map.

9. BTEGator

BTEGator GC Hall of Fame

May 24, 2007
    Tre.... Don't let them play Jedi mind tricks on you! Feel the Force.... the Force is with you! Choose Florida!

10. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you have to be at least 65 years old to play for the Villages?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  11. harveyj

harveyj Freshman

Mar 27, 2018
    Villages Charter illegally recruits kids from Gainesville High Schools and Middle Schools using middle men in Gainesville. They illegally raided GHS 3-4 years ago and were punished by the FHSAA for it so they started hitting the Middle Schools. Tre went to Howard Bishop middle in Gainesville and should be at GHS playing for Coach Kelly Beckham, one of the top 3 HS coaches in FL with 700+ wins and several State Titles. He opened his recruitment back up because his handler is on the take and wants $$$.

12. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Well Player, although what you say is true, in Fact, of the 1,200 or so tornadoes averaged in the US each year, Tampa, Florida is #2 in the World regarding the total number of Tornadoes (behind Japan, not 100 m W of the Mississipi). However, most in Tampa are pretty mild (not the one I just missed in 1966 that made Tampa a National Disaster Area), while those in Texas, Oklahoma and everywhere that the Wet Air from the East meets the Dry Air from the West about 100 miles West of the Mississippi tend to be pretty destructive. The record Tornado Travel was the 1925 Tri-State Tornado that started in Missouri, went through Illinois and into Indiana causing 695 Deaths.

13. cincinnatigator

cincinnatigator GC Hall of Fame

Mar 5, 2017
    Subpoenas sought Kansas info on two recruits

KU has had their hands dirty for awhile now and there's no doubt that Mann has them in the hunt for a reason. I hope he's smart enough to pick the Gators but won't be surprised if he gets swayed by people around him.

• Agree Agree x 1