Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trask Running/Scrambling Ability

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorcloud, Jul 18, 2020.

1. oneatatime

oneatatime GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Throwing or running, I think Trask's decision making is really good. I have a lot more faith in him than I did with Franks, who could be wildly erratic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. gatrfanzz

gatrfanzz GC Legend

If you look at Kyle run he does a pretty good job of finding the open lane. A lot of qbs that have good running ability have problems finding the open lane. I still prefer a qb that can find his receivers and run ok than one that has the better running ability, but still can't consistently find his receivers. Probably because I have seen enough qbs through the years that I have come to this favoritism. I will say that Warren Moon was one of my favorite qbs though. He was in my book a complete qb.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    First of all, the thread is misguided. What it wants is to anoint the QB as THE reason for a NC. As an example, Michael Vick was transcendent in college but in the end the best TEAM won the game. And Va Tech had a pretty damn good D.

If you want to get to where we CAN go, even though he did not win a NC either, it would be Donovan McNabb at Syracuse. Trask can be that kind of QB. And that just may be the ticket for this team.

4. unclerob

unclerob Freshman

Aug 14, 2015
    The thing about Leak was that he did not want to run. He was always looking to throw the ball when he was flushed, even if it wasn't there and he had green in front of him

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The last two NC winning QBs are not known for their running ability.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Burrows and Lawrence may not be known for their running abilities but they are both good scrambling/running quarterbacks. They both had more rushing yards than Dameon Pierce last year.

7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I don't know who you were watching, but both those guys can run. They might not be described as quick, but after they get going both of those guys could easily outrun DL and most of the LB's that they come up against.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Are you also betting there won’t be a ‘20 season?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gatuar

Gatuar GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2008
    Ponte Vedra Beach
    Jameis

10. chargator

chargator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Or he was waiting for someone/ something to open. He was a thrower, acurate, and could make all the throws. Chris worked the middle of field as good as any in the conference. I never got the impression he didn’t want to run , more like it was his last option once he gave up on the play.

11. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    When Jones and Richardson are on the field in ‘21, you’ll see the difference between a willing runner and a natural runner. Their running ability along with RPO decision making will allow the staff to open a new phase of the playbook that should have LB’s and DB’s thinking before reacting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Bushmaster

Bushmaster GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007

Quite where I said they couldn't run??

I swear, somenof you people dont even read what you respond to despite quoting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I think I misinterpreted your post that it indicated they weren't effective runners. You are most definitely correct. They were certainly more known for their passing than running ability.

Back to reading comprehension 101 school for me with emphasis on reading what was actually written rather than what wasn't!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1