Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Trask, Pitts and Toney

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ofmgator, May 1, 2021.

1. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Arguably? I think it became unquestionable when he won with the Bucs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. KSAGator

KSAGator Senior

Jan 26, 2014
    Mexico
    If you take away the 7 NFL titles, 10 Super Bowl appearances, 5 Super Bowl MVP awards, 3 NFL MVPs, 17 division titles, most career TD passes, and the fact that he’ll have the career yardage mark by the time he retires—what has he really done?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Im NEVER going to worry about Kentucky football recruiting.

I want to hear from you on the recruiting threads the day after signing day, 2021. Deal?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    What has Rome ever done for us?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    I will remember him for both.

6. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    It is, of course, true that you can't assume that Trask is identified as Brady's replacement. But, all Kyle has ever asked for at each level is a chance to compete. He has that, and, I guarantee he will give it his all... again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I definitely agree with the first part. Your take on players sitting out bowl games is a bit harsh, but true. It takes a lot of players and coaches to make up a football team and the vast majority of them work their asses off to succeed as a team. A player deciding to put himself above team is an insult and a disservice to one hell of a lot of people who are a big part of that player’s success story.

We all enjoyed the hell out of watching our Gators beat the crap out of a Michigan team that had key primadonnas sitting out. That game was anything but meaningless to our team, and it tarnished the image of Michigan to get their ass beat by our team. To see several of our own players bail on their team this post season made us no better than that Michigan team. I hope like hell that was the result of some bad chemistry last season and not an indicator of times to come.

Go Gators. In all kinds of weather....

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. mkfgator

mkfgator GC Legend

Aug 28, 2019
    So beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here?

9. 183gator

183gator Junior

Nov 17, 2010
    Can't have it both ways, they hurt him in the bowl by sitting out - they also had outstanding seasons and had a huge impact on the numbers Trask put up during the season which is what enabled him to be drafted

10. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Legend

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF

Which scout, coach or NFL exec has said the WRs sitting out in the bowl game hurt Trask’s draft stock?

Not being Combative we’re trying to be a jerk. Also I’m discounting talking heads opinions to zero

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  11. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    We have a winner! If I knew that those expert pundits are objectively making comments about certain player, then I can accept it. But, people know they have an agenda. There's no use in trying to blame Trask or the opt out players for what happened in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    NO!!! I want to hear from you and THAT'S final!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    Who gets to decide which bowl games are meaningful? Our NY6 were important against Michigan and Virginia, but not our Oklahoma?

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 18, 2015
    I’d be willing to bet that no one “advised” him to play, and that the thought of not playing never occurred to him. Same as when Ariens asked him why he didn’t transfer from UF when he didn’t play, Trask said it never occurred to him.

That’s just how he is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I think hes gonna torment us in Atlanta for a decade starting in 2029 when Brady retires

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I'm very confident every other entity capable of traveling here would think so. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Sports were NOT entertainment originally. At least not for observers. It has become that way. You must be a millenial. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    He seems like a millennial to me. Or at least a millennial as I define them. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. novagator

novagator Junior

Jun 20, 2014
    I respectfully disagree. The players that sat out did not need to play to help their draft stock. But by playing they could have helped several of their teammates draft chances. Even if Trask was projected to be the first pick in the draft he would have played in the most meaningless of bowl games to help his other teammates.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    If Trask was projected to be the sure-fire 1st pick like Trevor Lawrence theres 0% chance he would’ve played in a bowl game outside of the playoffs. None. Yes he’s a great teammate who I believe cares about his teammates but make no mistake about it, he also played in the bowl game to boost his own stock.

• Dislike Dislike x 1