Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Father's Day is coming.... Give your Dad a gift he’ll appreciate all year long and save up to $20!

This year, for a limited time and in limited quantities, you can take advantage of our Father's Day Special package and get a discount on top of it. This special won't be around long, so here's how to jump on it now -- click here for details!

Trask, Pitts and Toney

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ofmgator, May 1, 2021.

1. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Pitts and Toney cost KT lots of money by opting out of the bowl game but really did him a favor by his being drafted by a winning team. In the long run Kyle Trask is the winner... he's loyal, hard working, skilled and will not break, he never complained about not playing bur boy when he got the chance he showed his doubters how wrong they were. Kind of like Tom Brady.

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. hawaiigator

hawaiigator All American

Sep 9, 2018
    Immediate money maybe, long term probably not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    If KT didn't get drafted earlier it was due to his own shortcomings and doubts scouts had from all the game film they had on him. Pitts and Toney didn't cost him anything.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I think the point was that all the players on offense who bailed on the team prior to the bowl game essentially hung Trask out to dry - Pitts and Toney being two of them

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    He didn't get drafted earlier for the same reason Brady didn't. Human beings are idiots. :D

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. G8rdad

G8rdad All American

Apr 8, 2007
    Hope he is given a chance, and not like Tebow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Another way to look at it would be that KT cost himself money by playing in a bowl game in which he had nothing to gain and everything to lose. Yet, it is that quality about him that Bruce Arians speaks very highly of.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What pisses me off is losing yet another bowl game.
    That was an embarrassing game to witness as a Gator fan.
    And it sure didn't help us with recruiting as even Kentucky is now ahead of us.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    The only person who hung Trask out to dry is whoever advised him to play in a meaningless bowl game. The other players were smart enough to sit out.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Some NFL scouts know what they're talking about, others have indeed proven to be idiots. We'll eventually see what side the scouts who assessed KT fall on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    As great as last season was, there were a few strange choices (and associated blunders) that soured the whole deal.

I throw up a little in my mouth when I think of that bowl game. I'm not gonna bash Pitts and Toney-(I sure wasn't enamored with their choices either) but I sure don't like the way all of this is going for college ball. Get insurance and freaking play!

Personally, I think it's the talking head morons that tainted it for Trask-constantly yapping about arm strength etc. Mcshay and that other ass-hat guy Kipper...they both should be cleaning gutters on street crews. (Not that I have an opinion.) He might be a notch under the top guys-but, I suppose time will tell. Brady was what, 6-7th round? He made himself a champion-let's hope Trask can learn from the GOAT. Brady isn't gonna be around forever. Trask will do what he does. Watch, learn, listen - then play like a winner.

Go Gators.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    As a Bucs fan I love the pick. He gets to study under arguably the GOAT, with a Super Bowl team where all 22 starters are coming back. Remember, Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl as starting QB with the Bucs. That squad had one of my all time favorite defenses. The new version of the Bucs is not too far away from that.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    2nd round draft pick of NFL Champs under great HC and behind the GOAT is a good place to sit patiently and learn. Great team player. Can make a great career as a cause no waves back up QB for 15 years in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    He got drafted later because people suck at rating QBs. Always fall in love with physical abilities and think they have the ability to coach up the skills that are innate. They can't. It's why there are so many busts. Kyle had an elite ability in how quickly he processed knowing where to go with ball. Some of it's preparation, but the speed at which you do it is innate. It's a part that most scouts and GMs miss.
    His subtle movements in pocket to buy extra fractions of a second are totally lost on those who see him as merely not very mobile.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

There
    Is
    No
    Such
    Thing
    As
    A
    Meaningless
    Bowl
    Game

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Who is the bowl game "meaningless" to?

Those who have this perception are not thinking of the entire team.

And if the perception is based on money alone.....it is sincerely flawed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    One more quick point. Seems like there are many fans who feel disrespected if a player doesn't get drafted higher - taking it personal.

It's like when we lose a game.

The fan's EGO is bruised - and thus they lash out.

No fortitude.

Trask did great. Kid's got more character than many of our "so-called" fans, IMHO.

As always....YMMV......

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’m pretty sure the clowns who incessantly chirp about “meaningless bowl games” have never participated in competitive sports. They have no respect for the game or the team, only care about what gives them bragging rights

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    I've never even had a meaningless pickup game.

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  20. red4512

red4512 Premium Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Thing with Brady is that he might not retire for 4 or 5 years.

• Like Like x 1