Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trask looks impressive like he belongs

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Pasco08, Sep 21, 2019.

1. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    Not going to slight one for their weaknesses while lifting up the other for their strengths, they both have their own skill sets. What I liked about Saturday was the fact that we started out fast, for the first time this year. Seventeen points in the first half and then matched it in the second. Didn’t have to come from behind to win, of course that could just be Tennessee.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 352Fella

352Fella All American

Jan 30, 2008
    Westside
    Keep reading that FF is a "better" runner than KT. Where exactly are we seeing this? FF is about as much of a threat to run as KT is. He certainly isn't "faster". IMO, the only reason we don't see KT running the next few games, is to limit the amount of hits he takes from the defense.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    FF is faster when he picks up steam for sure. Kind of reminds me of a flamingo. He had an 80 yard run last year. Trask would never be able to do that. He’s more a plodder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Same planet as you. And yes on EJ. He’s a RS frosh. Not a true frosh. Which is the main diff. Tebow hardly threw the ball his true freshman year (especially in the first 4 games). The only throws I can recall (although I know he threw more) were the jump pass against LSU and a pass in the nat champ game. His primary contribution that year was running the ball. And EJ throws a pretty nice ball but needs to work on decision making. Remember TT throwing quite a few wobbly ones. Even later in his career. Re accuracy it’s a little hard to tell on EJ so far as he hasn’t had a lot of chances to throw without duress in game situations.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    If you throw to someone that is 100% most definitely open then yes comp % goes up but you also limit YAC and endanger receivers by letting the defense catch up. He took safe throws for his primary and sometimes secondary reads but that was about it. Also completing screens all day long isn’t exactly taxing. He’s not better than he was last year and it was apparent that we’ve probably hit his ceiling.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    done

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    I changed it like I said I meant no disrespect and I just wanted to have a civil discussion.

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. ColoradoNoVaGator

ColoradoNoVaGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    we don't see KT running much because he's seeing receivers and letting it fly, IMO.

what percentage of FF's runs were designed run plays?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bazza

Bazza GC Hall of Fame

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    You've done it now.......

Feleipe just called and said we're all just a bunch of pansies!

:devil:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thanks man

Go Gators

11. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    They may have been open before but we weren’t seeing them because Franks wasn’t seeing them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ufhealthgator

ufhealthgator Junior

Nov 12, 2017
    The OP starts by saying "no disrespect". He is praising Trask more than knocking on Franks. The same things people said in this thread were said by Josh Hammond in a presser when comparing the two.

That being said, I UT is a cup cake level bad these days, and we can barely get any idea about our team. Will wait to some real competition when we play Aubum before I pass judgment on Trask's abilities. While everyone likes to pick on the oline, Oline gave him a ton of time in pass protection against a terrible UT. He won't have that much time against Auburn.

13. cedarkey_gator1

cedarkey_gator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    And I have no "disrespect" to the OP. Just expressing my humble opinion.

14. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    No doubt. Fanaticism abounds where there are peaks and valleys. Wait til the first sign of adversity and the Trask critiques will be over the top too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    As a fan, can't really tell unless you are at the games where you can see the whole field but that seems like a reasonable assumption.

16. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How many games do we need to wait before we can be happy about Trask? Please remind us of the rules - lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. GatorMcCluskey

GatorMcCluskey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    agreed, KT made some great throws yesterday - that post TD to Swain was beautiful - but there were a lot of times where he held the ball way too long and didnt recognize pressure coming. Some of that is inexperience and he got a little better with it throughout the game, but man it was scary at times.

overall he played about as well as we could hope for, and I'm cautiously optimistic that he's gonna do a great job the rest of the way. But it's much too early to anoint the kid as some kind of savior or start shoveling dirt on Franks' career.

18. gatorcloud

gatorcloud VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Love seeing Franks and Trasks interact pregame and during the game. Brothers in arms.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. 1975Gator

1975Gator All American

Jan 5, 2012
    Except 1 completion on a check down to the back behind the LOS that goes for a 2 yard gain is the same percentage as 1 completion 15 to 20 yards down the middle of the field. Which would you rather have?

20. metalcoater

metalcoater All American

May 30, 2007
    I think Trask's second pick was not that bad. It looked like a fifty fifty and the DB made a play, just a bad bounce to the guy coming behind. It was his first start since high school, and the fumble was just holding it to long. The timer will go off with experience. The other pick was all on him, just a bad throw. I think he did well for his first start. Beating UT 34-3 is always good.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1