Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Trask looks impressive like he belongs

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Pasco08, Sep 21, 2019.

1. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Franks was the better runner and a vocal leader. You can tell all the players love Franks.
    Trask is exactly what I thought he would be. Quiet, and lets his actions speak for him. Decisive with the ball and usually makes the right read.
    Reminds you of anyone? Hint: look at my avatar.

For the record, I don't think there is another Wuerffel out there....just love seeing someone in the same mold.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Now...
    He's relegated to "The other guy" already? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    I’m ok with Trask’s ints today. He played conservative early and tested a few windows that closed on him later in the game. All part of the learning process.

His fumble was because his pocket alarm clock isn’t calibrated yet. Held the ball just a hair too long a couple of times today.

Thing is that he will learn from his mistakes and is less likely to make them going forward, so best that he learns when the game is not in doubt.

I think we’ll be pleasantly surprised by Trask going forward. He understands the offense and needs experience, but we’ve proven twice now that we can win SEC games with him.

Auburn, UGA etc will be real tests, but for now Trask is getting the reps and lessons learned that he needs.

Emory isn’t there yet in the passing game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Big knock on FF was the TOs. Trask committed his share today.

5. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    Apparently

6. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    i agree but I feel Trask can read the defense’s much quicker and is more accurate with the ball.

7. biggynugs

biggynugs GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando, fl
    Yeah, exactly, he broke his damned ankle rushing on a 4th down push. Last 4 games of the year last year, he was a the next great gator QB.

Felipe Franks, get better, cant wait to see you compete with Trask and Emory next spring.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. gators94

gators94 Freshman

Oct 15, 2018
    I was thinking about this, people here are saying that Trask had turnovers and had similar stats to Franks. It’s too early to say who is better.

I have to counter, this man hasn’t started but a game in seven years, this man hardly has even played in the last 4 years (atleast) and he had similar stats to a 3rd year starter. Not only that, our offense had a better flow then we have seen in a long time.
    I am more then impressed with Kyle!

Go Gators!

• Agree Agree x 12
  9. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I was answering the question posed in the OP. Why would (hypothetically) Mullen start Franks this year when Trask is the better looking passing QB. You said my post is irrelevant. Everyone knows there is no choice now with Franks injured (including me).

10. Tito22

Tito22 GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    I don't see how you can say this. Trask has a weak arm and is screaming for some DB to house one of his throws.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    We lose that game with Franks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    You guys are shitting me. Spurrier would have started Trask a long time ago. Dude is a better quarterback than Franks, period. I get that FF is a better athlete and better leader yadda yadda yadda.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. hawaiigator

hawaiigator Senior

Sep 9, 2018
    Biggest knock on Franks was his inability to hit wide open receivers.....or even find them tbh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Legend

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    He also would wait for his man to be open, like really open, like throw the ball please I’m so wide open, open. Then he’d release a rocket. NFL arm for sure but he needs to get his timing right.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Weak arm? GTFO. Franks clearly has a stronger arm but he won the damn long ball competition among the elite HS QBs. Trask has an above average arm which is more than sufficient to be an elite college QB if he has the other tools.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. thenazz

thenazz Junior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    Car seems to run a lot better with Trask at the wheel. We won't know much for another month, though.

Trask does remind me of Danny, including vulnerabilities.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. intimigator1

intimigator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Male' Maldives
    I believe it's very obvious that he is a very big step better. What amazes me is his throws are quickly released and mostly on target. Add to that his resilience in the pocket. Was not pleased to see the EJ experiment simply because of the timing. Ej did not impress.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The_RH_Factor

The_RH_Factor GC Hall of Fame

Aug 11, 2010
    I’m hoping we can win 1 of 3 when we face the gauntlet of Auburn, LSU, and Georgia.

And, then of course, there’s Missouri and Vandy always plays us tight.

19. melrose12

melrose12 Premium Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Trasks did not out play the Frank's we saw the last 4 games.but better than all of Frank's other games.
    Lets see after the LSU game. I see tslent

20. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 All American

Dec 12, 2009
    Maybe it boils down to turnovers. Trask will take some shots Feleipe won't. I think you live with the tradeoff but maybe Mullen saw it differently.