Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(SB) Transfer Portal Tracker: 2 Florida players on the list thus far

Discussion in 'Diamond Gators' started by GboroGator, Jun 10, 2019.

1. joebrown352

joebrown352 Sophomore

Jan 19, 2012
    Pretty sure Farley and Beane have hung them up. I remember Farley hitting a home run in fall ball a couple seasons ago and was pretty excited about her. It seems Coach Walton likes players to concentrate on hitting or pitching and not both. Trlicek, I thought had a good bat as well.

2. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    It's odd when you think about it because of how dominant of 2 ways Haeger and Ocasio were. But, Ocasio didn't really hit until her last two year either. I think the difference with those two is their pitching was as at a higher level to start with than the current pitchers that could be 2 way players. So I guess it would make sense for them to concentrate on one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    can any of these transfers hit over .230?? If so spots 1-9 are wide open in AU line-up.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    Lol, but is is so true. I wonder how short the leash is for Dean at AU, especially with the fast turnarounds at Ole Miss and Mizzou, not to mention Clemson's quick rise. Granted he had to clean up the whole Myers mess, but Mizzou wasn't sunshine and roses either. If I'm not mistaken something was going on at Ole Miss too. He's addressed the pitching with those freshmen, but you can't win with 0 offense. As much as I don't like Auburn, seeing how everything unfolded there was awful for that program.

5. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    He will get at least another year b/c of Lowe /Penta. They will score 2 runs a game again and that will be that. Like I said in another thread, dont be shocked if at least one of those Ps leave. Penta would be my guess(from Maryland) Lowe an Alabama girl, AU fan entire life so not as likely.

I said from day 1 my biggest issue w/ Dean was no west coast/Cali ties. That hasnt changed, so will never be successful as far as top of SEC/nationally again...ie The Myers era. And he also dominated at JMU w/ 2 AA Ps, at any division, in a mid major conference,, that never impressed me much.

Arky hired HC w/ major west coast ties, majority of roster from Cali. Its not a coincidence. Got to have those players.. Never been an elite SEC team that I can recall not heavily influenced by west coast players.

6. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    IMO the only mess Myers (Clint) left was 2 WCWS appearances. Son was fired that should of been end of it,,,until the espnW hit piece, it was.

7. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    My biggest issue with Dean was the whole JMU mid major thing also being his big accomplishment. IMO that was because of one player being Megan Good and when she was gone that was also going to be gone. With Auburn being Auburn, I would've thought they could have made a bigger hire. Don't get me wrong the west coast players have a huge impact, but Alabama and Florida to an extent (Merritt, Barnhill, Ocasio, Adams, Kvistad, Castro) both have been big on getting southern players also. That Auburn WCWS team had a ton of southern players on it if I'm not mistaken.

8. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Got to love that rich Corinthian leather!

9. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    Corey should've been gone the first time he was placed on leave and as the espnw article eluded to there was a lot of division left on that team when Clint left because some didn't think he should go while others did. There's no doubt Clint was a great coach as far as softball with the way that program developed, but his son ruined it for him IMO and honestly some of his legacy. If Clint had condemned his son and stood up for the girls over him I think he would still be coaching there with no issue, but that was his choice. I believe Dean said something about there being a lot of tension in the program when he arrived, and I'm fairly sure there was quite a few transfers, which would be understandable with the way everything happened.

10. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Only transfer of note I recall was Taylon Snow,, but her sister Tannon(better player) stayed. Tore ACL couple weeks prior to this season or would of been in 3 hole all year.. An average Cali player..;)

On the Myers saga. The only things I know for sure is Corey had affair w/ consenting adult who was a player(fireable offense I agree) Then disgruntled player who was never going to play a meaningful inning on that team regardless, said this was reason for not playing.

Clint only had couple years left no matter what. The whole plan was for sons to take over.. Other left for MLB job. So I guess if Corey was gone there was no reason for Clint to hang around another couple years. JMO

11. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    JMU had another great P also whos name I cant recall.

Kasey Cooper was best player in country arguably while at AU and from Alabama. But both Ps(Carlson, Martin), Carosone(2b) Cather whos name I cant recall that tranfered to Baylor(another transfer of note ;;).... were all from Cali/west. They had a nice mix of west/ s-east. As UF and Bama always do.

12. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    I'm not sure about the whole ACL injury, but Tannon had some kind of issue with seizures that required her to not play one year after she transferred in. Carlee Wallace was a major player for them that transferred. Bilodeau was a pitcher that transferred to FSU, though I don't remember how much success she had there.

13. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Legend

Jun 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    No matter how good he was as far as on the field, which was undeniable, everything that happened in that program left it worse than how he found it IMO.

15. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    Carosone was from Florida.
    From the 2016 team and mostly 2017: Tiffany Howard, Haley Fagan, Emily Carosone, Jade Rhodes, Casey Mccrackin, Kasey Cooper, Kelsey Bogaards, Morgan Podany, Marcy Harper, Lexi Davis, Kendall Veach, Victoria Draper, Whitney Jordan, Jenna Abbott, and Courtney Shea were all from Fl, Ga, Al, and N.C.. Also, Rachel Walters was from VA. That was pretty much all the starters aside from Wallace, Carlson, and Martin. And most the rest that didn't see much time were from Alabama. That was a whole big story with that team was the fact that they were mostly from the Southeastern region and not west.

16. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Wallace was the C that left for Baylor yes,, dont think ever played there much. Think she left b/c Myers left .

Bilodeau never on field that I remember,, dont even recall name.

And yes Tannon has seizure issues,, but nothing to do w/ tearing knee up just prior to season. After decided to return for extra year allowed. Not a great player by any means. But best they had coming in.

Myers won, no laws broken. rest is debatable.

If 2 WCWS, back to back SECs is a bad environment, I suggest some more bad environment..;) A one player/asst coach issue IMO that should of been over until espn did what they do best.

Im sure Clint did have blind spot for son. And if Clint wasnt ready to retire regardless, he may of played it different and survived.

17. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    We can agree to disagree. It is obvious from how downhill Auburn went that Myers did not leave that program in good shape. In no way should a coach of a program be having an affair with a player. If it happens after they graduate whatever who cares. It is obvious it caused problems with the team and went on for a year before anything was done about it. From what I gathered of the article the players didn't suspect anything until right around the WCWS in 2016, which would explain why they still had the great year they had then. They didn't have proof until late March 2017 during the UF series. Which is when they fell apart pretty much. And no that issue should not have been swept under the rug as you suggest. Also, if you read the article there was a second player affected and who knows if there were others that felt the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    Obviously Myers leaving is why program has deteriorated,, that part is a given. They have gotten worse per year as his recruits have graduated. Not sure how thats his fault..lol Deans early success at AU was b/c of Myers players.

Dean now has his own player for most part. thats why no good offensively.

The best 2 bats (supposedly) Rivera & Perry were Myer leftovers I think,, dont quote me on that. But been there forever and will honestly be glad when gone. Snow was definitely a Myer recruit.

And didnt suggest sweep under rug.. Corey was gone..as should of been

I read all those write ups in past,, dont put much stock in any of them,, especially anything bspn related.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  19. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    If they were having that much success with all that "turmoil" Clint was even better coach than I thought.

20. alysb21

alysb21 All American

Jan 8, 2019
    Again, did not discredit Myers coaching in the product that turned up on the field. Coaching is more than just what shows up on the field though, it is how the players are treated and the culture of the program. As far as ability Myers is far superior to Dean. I do not think Dean will last. It's more than just the transfers though as far as how Myers left the program. There were top recruits that did not end up coming because of all the turmoil within that program, and that is affecting them still.
    You did in fact suggest that attention should not have been drawn to everything that was going on with Corey inside of that program by saying him being fired should've been the end of it without the article.