Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Transfer Portal Thread (Other Schools)

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by INGATORSWETRUST, Mar 14, 2020.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Shut down corners with experience helpful until our youth gets some. I would sign, as that was our weakness last year. Also an experienced returner on special teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. easycoastgator

easycoastgator GC Legend

Dec 26, 2018
    I don’t have any details on this guy or why he was dismissed or whatever but if y’all told me we could get an experienced borderline starter / solid backup CB to add to the roster for next year (only), unless he’s a locker room turd, sign him up. Last year we only had one CB that could cover man-to-man. I’m hoping the 2nd year boys step up, and maybe the freshmen will surprise, but even with a great offseason I don’t see us being two deep at CB next year vs Alabama etc receivers. Some help would be helpful

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Talented, but very young and unproven beyond Elam. We play a lot of corners. And this guy was a starter on a championship team. Of course like I said, barring any troubling character issues Because we don't yet know why he was shown the door or if he just chose to leave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sd_gator

sd_gator All American

Jan 18, 2009
    Florbama
    Yeah I would be ok with us bringing him in if it makes the team better. What I am really hoping for is that Jason Marshall is the next freshman 5 star stud that ends up starting for UF. But if that doesn't turn out to be the case this year then I would be fine with bringing in a stud to bridge the gap.

6. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017

Im hoping that our secondary is like the secondary we had in 07 and 08. Took the lumps in 07 because we were young, and still were young but battle tested in 08 with an influx of young elite talent (Jenkins and Hill). Hoping Marshall, like you said, steps up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    We didn’t take our lumps with young guys though. This is the year to do it

8. sd_gator

sd_gator All American

Jan 18, 2009
    Florbama
    Yep exactly same thoughts bro.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017

Welp......

Report: Former Clemson DB Derion Kendrick arrested

According to the report, Kendrick was charged with gun and drug charges in his hometown of Rock Hill, South Carolina. Kendrick left the Clemson program last month.

Kendrick was reportedly found in a car at 3 a.m. on Friday morning with a gun in his lap.

“Rock Hill patrol officers were on May Court around 3 a.m. Friday when Kendrick was found in a car, Chavis said,” the report said. “Kendrick was asleep in a car with a gun in his lap when found by police, court records show. Kendrick was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana after a small amount of the drug was found and seized, Chavis said. Kendrick was the sole occupant of the vehicle, according to an arrest warrant obtained by The Herald.”

The weapon charge, according to The State, is a misdemeanor. Kendrick was released later on Friday after receiving a "personal recognizance bond on the gun charge."

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yikes

11. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I remember LSU fans were so hyped when he bypassed MLB, thought he was a difference maker in both sports.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    man that kinda payoff has to sting when you risk baseball for football

13. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, and now he is kind of stuck. Feel bad, remember seeing some interviews and thinking he seemed to be a really good kid

14. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    I was gonna say "there's his troubling character issue" but honestly I don't have problem with what you quoted. I'll be 38 in July, and I have smoked weed everyday since I was 16. Have been with my same company for 18 years 16 of those management so him having a small amount of weed in his possession doesn't concern me. Him sleeping off a high instead of him trying to drive impaired probably shows maturity more than it doesn't. The gun, well it's unfortunate but it's becoming more And more necessary to carry personal protection, and the fact that he had it on his lap with in grasp while he slept in his car shows he was possibly simply using it for protection while he is prone bc he is sleeping in a car.

Now if news comes out that he was out brandishing that firearm and pointing it around at people etc, , or robbed somebody, or was trafficking drugs well then sure..... but from what you quoted, that doesn't sound that bad.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Some folks can’t get out of their own way. If you’ve got weed and a gun in the car, how the hell you falling asleep? Just plain stupid.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I guess he toned down that cash to play football. Not sure I could do that.

17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Smoking weed and having guns is not the issue. Being dumb enough to have weed and a gun in the car is puzzling. Falling asleep in tgat situation isn’t very bright either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. gator_n_sc

Oct 8, 2013
    Again depends on the situation. Was he traveling back from somewhere and got tired pulled over off I77 somewhere and took a nap. Just because he had a couple joints worth of weed in the car doesn't even mean he was under the influence he could have just been tired and started dozing off at the wheel. He didn't have real drugs hidden in the car like cocaine or meth, it was weed, and the gun with in reach while he's asleep in the car could have just been for safety and security. Was he asleep at the wheel of a running car at a traffic light ? Was he trafficking drugs or distributing them? Was he he threatening or brandishing his pistol? Was his gun even really on his lap or sitting off to the side of him in the seat? We don't know the actual context of this situation but it really doesn't seem as bad as it could have been. He was solo, sleeping in a park car I presume, had weed on him somewhere in his vehicle or on him not spread out everywhere like he was partying in the car and he had a pistol within reach while asleep in side his locked car, again, if I didn't carry a pistol in my truck everyday maybe I could be more judgemental. You're not wrong it was dumb, but only because of the outcome. Because his actions alone didn't put anyone in harms way, he wasn't acting wreckless or dangerous so for me,, I gotta know more before I can really condemn his actions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    But realistically, it’s not. Looks bad but it could’ve saved his life. It’s just plain stupid to drive if you’re too impaired to drive.

I gotta say I’m in agreement. It certainly warrants a further deep dive to understand the issue here, but it CAN be justified. Not saying it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Look at it this way...kid is essentially on one big job interview at the moment. He is being evaluated by potential landing places. At a bare minimum this is monumentally dumb for the impression it conveys....what he did doesnt fly with college/ncaa rules. Doesn't make him an ax murderer, but he just lost a ton of college options

• Agree Agree x 1