Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Transfer Portal This Year

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by g8wayg8r, Apr 6, 2020.

1. g8wayg8r

g8wayg8r All American

Apr 8, 2007
    St Charles, MO
    7'3" center from Purdue is in the transfer portal. If he's not a good fit who's high up on the list this year?

2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I’m not sure we will have room for transfer portal kids. Scottie Lewis and Mann are both back, and they were thought to be one and done before season began. Not sure if we will have a ship.

3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If Nembhard leaves, there is one opening.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Well if Nembhard left, our needs would still be a scoring big/stretch 4, or you might want to try and get a PG that has some starting experience.

We do have Appleby waiting there and he could be a starter, he was probably brought in with that very thing in mind (replacing Nembhard). So the standard would have to be pretty damn high. Otherwise save the 'ship for the '21 class.... unless it's a grad transfer. I guess if you find a grad transfer you might as well use it.

5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I am not giving up on My grandson, Quez, at the point. I think that he has a ton of talent. We clearly should be going after a big if a scholarship opens up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. akaGatorhoops

akaGatorhoops VIP Member GC Columnist

Apr 10, 2007
    I also think he has a ton of talent.... a good find by White.
    But I’m worried he could get buried. Appleby is a better player at this point. And if AN returns, that really limits options for Glover.
    I really, really like his potential .... so I hope it works out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Donnell

Donnell VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    If AN returns, as many now think he will, I would like to see Quez redshirt maybe.